Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Note 4

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
NFC
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
SE Linux Permissive

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download here

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Telegram channel
Stay tuned

XDA:DevDB Information
Pixel Experience, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
Inkypen, tripLr, ripee
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2019-04-29
Last Updated 2019-04-29

Last edited:

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s
You have 2 threads for each of your ROM's

This is confusing......

Please chose one and get the mods to remove the duplicates, for everyones sanity, not just mine :)

For some reason XDA double posted my build threads. This thread is the one I get updates for, not the other one. Will ask a mod to close the duplicates.

I saw your comments on the other thread, I cannot fathom why you would download a ROM called "Pixel Experience" and then complain about GApps being included! It's quite literally baked into the ROM as you can't experience the Pixel phone which is made by Google, without the Google apps......

Whether it's intentional or not, reading some of you recent posts you come across as a sterotypical "entitled" user. Nobody forced you to download any builds of any ROM, this is a development forum and as such bugs are to expected. Rather than complain about bugs and missing features, send logcats and commits for the features you want to see. Perhaps you should read the standard disclaimer in the first post of every ROM you will ever download, including RR:

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
*/

73sydney

Account currently disabled
For some reason XDA double posted my build threads. This thread is the one I get updates for, not the other one. Will ask a mod to close the duplicates.

I saw your comments on the other thread, I cannot fathom why you would download a ROM called "Pixel Experience" and then complain about GApps being included! It's quite literally baked into the ROM as you can't experience the Pixel phone which is made by Google, without the Google apps......

Whether it's intentional or not, reading some of you recent posts you come across as a sterotypical "entitled" user. Nobody forced you to download any builds of any ROM, this is a development forum and as such bugs are to expected. Rather than complain about bugs and missing features, send logcats and commits for the features you want to see. Perhaps you should read the standard disclaimer in the first post of every ROM you will ever download, including RR:

I suggest you read my comments again as you are totally misrepresenting what i said., i said in short that some critical G-Apps (like Gmail) were missing, yet some others which are eye candy ar eincluded. I suggested you either fix this or leave G-Apps to the user.
Please dont misrepresent me and then talk down to me, and insult me, it will not go well for you.....if you cant take constructive criticism, perhaps ROM development is not for you. These bugs and oversights should have been evident if you tested your ROM before you simply uploaded them....

For clarity, heres my exact comments from the duplicate thread, please note that thread also included bug reports which i didnt repeat as they had already been expressed:

Tested this ROM, and heres my thoughts/criticisms:

* Inclusion of some G-Apps, while others which are more critical (Gmail most notably) are missing....for the huge download this oversight is really hard to fathom. 748Mb and no Gmail included? Also missing Android Webview.....kind of important

Instead all the stuff i normally weed out by never selecting it in Aroma G-Apps or usign the debloat magisk module if its built into a ROM is included...Device Health/Digital Wellbeing, and the google search app among them...if i wanted active spyware, id install it....instant downvote

For such a massive download, i cant see anything that would make me bother downloading further builds.

I do appreciate the dev building the ROM but, please consider leaving G-Apps up to the user, and thereby reduce the massive download size....

Update: curiously, some of my magisk modules which work on literally every other ROM ive ever used, fail on this one.....bizarre

About to test the dev's other ROM.....

Update: decided not to, apparently it has some of the same issues. Hope the dev can fix them and test before releasing next time....both ROMS cost me nearly 1.2Gb and both buggy....please test thoroughly before uploading.....

Back to RR for me again....

tebanjemc

Jun 5, 2017
Popayán
The best i had test at the moment, Stable, smooth, a Little bit of battery friendly, no overheating, no glitches, the only bug quiet anoying for me it's that I'm unable to activate the phone pressing the home botton, but the rest it's working nice as butter, sometimes the camera freeze taking a picture, thas a Little bit uncomfortable. nice job to all devs working on this rom.

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s
I suggest you read my comments again as you are totally misrepresenting what i said., i said in short that some critical G-Apps (like Gmail) were missing, yet some others which are eye candy ar eincluded. I suggested you either fix this or leave G-Apps to the user.
Please dont misrepresent me and then talk down to me, and insult me, it will not go well for you.....if you cant take constructive criticism, perhaps ROM development is not for you. These bugs and oversights should have been evident if you tested your ROM before you simply uploaded them....

I would also respectfully request you read my comments again. At no point did I insult you, merely highlighted the purpose of XDA forums and reiterate the nature of experimental open source software. Your response reinforces the impression of a stereotypical entitled user, you provided no "constructive" criticism at all, and resorted to threats. I pointed out how your posts could be seen as entitled and demanding and offered an alternative way of expressing your issues. That right there is constructive criticism, whereas moaning about wasted bandwidth is not. If you're not prepared to deal with buggy software and need a production grade OS, perhaps ROM testing is not for you?

To address your specific issues with Pixel Experience:
It boots, phone calls, text messages, mobile data, WiFi, sound, vibrator, touch screen all works. ROM is usable, for a given definition of 'usable' which may or may not match your expectations.
You need to understand the difference between functionality and implementation. Any decisions about GApps and which apps are or are not included is down to Henrique Silva who is the lead developer of PE. There is a good reason why certain apps are not included and that's because some phones don't have a large enough system partition to store all the GApps, so 'core' apps are installed instead. Android WebView isn't even needed if you have Chrome installed, as chromium is installed as WebView provider. Henrique is ensuring functionality on as many phones as possible. My part in this is implementation of said functionality. If WiFi doesn't function as expected or you can't make a phone call then that's up to me to fix. That's where testers come in, a lone developer fuelled by coffee and donuts couldn't possibly envisage and test for every possible use case.

I have no intention of engaging in a tit-for-tat back and forth argument with an anonymous stranger I met on the Internet. If you have something constructive to say about anything related to my implementation of these ROMS, then I'm all ears. Got any suggestions for additional features? Sure, I'll listen and perhaps maybe incorporate it if its within my means, otherwise it needs to go to the lead ROM developer. Want to engage in argument about who said what when? No thanks, got enough stress in my life as it is.

Sincerely, have a nice day. Life is too short to get into random arguments with strangers :good:

73sydney

Account currently disabled
I would also respectfully request you read my comments again. At no point did I insult you, merely highlighted the purpose of XDA forums and reiterate the nature of experimental open source software. Your response reinforces the impression of a stereotypical entitled user, you provided no "constructive" criticism at all, and resorted to threats. I pointed out how your posts could be seen as entitled and demanding and offered an alternative way of expressing your issues. That right there is constructive criticism, whereas moaning about wasted bandwidth is not. If you're not prepared to deal with buggy software and need a production grade OS, perhaps ROM testing is not for you?

To address your specific issues with Pixel Experience:
It boots, phone calls, text messages, mobile data, WiFi, sound, vibrator, touch screen all works. ROM is usable, for a given definition of 'usable' which may or may not match your expectations.
You need to understand the difference between functionality and implementation. Any decisions about GApps and which apps are or are not included is down to Henrique Silva who is the lead developer of PE. There is a good reason why certain apps are not included and that's because some phones don't have a large enough system partition to store all the GApps, so 'core' apps are installed instead. Android WebView isn't even needed if you have Chrome installed, as chromium is installed as WebView provider. Henrique is ensuring functionality on as many phones as possible. My part in this is implementation of said functionality. If WiFi doesn't function as expected or you can't make a phone call then that's up to me to fix. That's where testers come in, a lone developer fuelled by coffee and donuts couldn't possibly envisage and test for every possible use case.

I have no intention of engaging in a tit-for-tat back and forth argument with an anonymous stranger I met on the Internet. If you have something constructive to say about anything related to my implementation of these ROMS, then I'm all ears. Got any suggestions for additional features? Sure, I'll listen and perhaps maybe incorporate it if its within my means, otherwise it needs to go to the lead ROM developer. Want to engage in argument about who said what when? No thanks, got enough stress in my life as it is.

Sincerely, have a nice day. Life is too short to get into random arguments with strangers :good:

And again you insult me, among other things calling me "entitled"

You dont get to talk down to me...sorry, thats not happening, maybe when you release something without major issues you might get that privilege, but not before....

Last time, you will insult me and last time i want to hear your crap

Mate, ive flashed, contributed to, and tested more ROMs than youve had hot breakfasts

I wont be testing any more of yours given your attitude..

Especially when you totally discount the fact me asking you to actually test your releases before releasing them as in some countries like mine, bandwidth and data (especially for 700Mb+ ROMS) costs actual money. Your attitude on this, dismissing my data allowance out of hand (moaning about wasted bandwidth )is really quite insulting and rude. Its a valid criticism when its clear you havent properly tested your releases.

Good luck with your work, i wont be testing or recommending anything you release....

And quite frankly if i never come across you again, it will be too soon.....

Get over yourself, you rude self important newbie.

Congrats on being the 1st person ever on my ignore list, fool.

Last edited:

fblihakan81

Feb 23, 2014
note edge 915f is working hard only problem is the battery is not fully charged 92% 93 (lineage 16 also did not have this problem)

Jack123hello

Aug 6, 2013
Macau
Just installed this ROM few minutes ago, so far it's smooth and I really like the transition and system animation than LOS one. But I have some questions: does the kernel support F2FS because it seems to bootloop when installed on F2FS? And what how can I root this ROM? Magisk, SuperSU or AddOnSU from LOS?

Last edited:

ALPHA85

Dec 7, 2016
Prague
Just installed this ROM few minutes ago, so far it's smooth and I really like the transition and system animation than LOS one. But I have some questions: does the kernel support F2FS because it seems to bootloop when installed on F2FS? And what how can I root this ROM? Magisk, SuperSU or AddOnSU from LOS?
Flash Magisk zip in twrp and then reboot your phone , this is how to root any rom

Top Liked Posts