FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**Desktops and Laptops Thread**[All In One Thread]

6,358 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,289
 
By K.A., Senior Member on 11th July 2012, 03:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th April 2019, 01:03 PM |#9321  
Senior Member
The Middle of Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 301
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidbadboy

1. I know that business laptops are the best (even used ones) BUT I will never buy a used hardware..
2. If You have a laptop similar to Acer in terms of bottom doors then please tell me the brand and the model.

1. I didn't say business laptops are a must, i just said they don't dissapoint in terms of longevity.
2. First tell me how much money are you willing to spend. For example, this laptop is likely what you want, but if it's expensive then we'll need to think about something else.
Edit: or maybe something like thinkpad e570. I look for laptops with at least 3 usb ports and a dvd drive because you said you record optical media.

Sent from my Lenovo Vibe K5 using XDA Labs
 
 
7th April 2019, 02:03 PM |#9322  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurodiesel

1. I didn't say business laptops are a must, i just said they don't dissapoint in terms of longevity.
2. First tell me how much money are you willing to spend. For example, this laptop is likely what you want, but if it's expensive then we'll need to think about something else.
Edit: or maybe something like thinkpad e570. I look for laptops with at least 3 usb ports and a dvd drive because you said you record optical media.

Sent from my Lenovo Vibe K5 using XDA Labs

AMAZING, just AMAZING. The Lenovo V330 is like exactly what I need, the Thinkpad e570 is also nice but 7th gen.
Too bad I don't know if it has IPS display, my shops show only LED Mat display and no touch (a touch screen would be nice).

BUT HOW AM I going to put a 2,5" SSD in that laptop?
7th April 2019, 04:21 PM |#9323  
Senior Member
The Middle of Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 301
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidbadboy

AMAZING, just AMAZING. The Lenovo V330 is like exactly what I need, the Thinkpad e570 is also nice but 7th gen.
Too bad I don't know if it has IPS display, my shops show only LED Mat display and no touch (a touch screen would be nice).

BUT HOW AM I going to put a 2,5" SSD in that laptop?

Probably by opening some cover on the undercarrige. Lenovo advertises the v330 as "repairable" so it should be easy and likely it has some sort of ultrabay (ultrabay is a "thing" that allows you to swap the dvd drive for a 2.5 drive while the system is running). Almost all thinkpads should have accessible drive slot(s).
Also that thinkpad is an example. Honestly, I'm actually dissapointed that newer thinkpad laptops actually come with less ports, so i wasn't paying attention to generation of the cpu.
I read that getting a one or two gen older cpu won't hurt but ask someone else here because i don't know much.
About display, the best thing is to see it yourself. The matte is considered better, but not always.

Sent from my Lenovo Vibe K5 using XDA Labs
7th April 2019, 09:34 PM |#9324  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurodiesel

Probably by opening some cover on the undercarrige. Lenovo advertises the v330 as "repairable" so it should be easy and likely it has some sort of ultrabay (ultrabay is a "thing" that allows you to swap the dvd drive for a 2.5 drive while the system is running). Almost all thinkpads should have accessible drive slot(s).
Also that thinkpad is an example. Honestly, I'm actually dissapointed that newer thinkpad laptops actually come with less ports, so i wasn't paying attention to generation of the cpu.
I read that getting a one or two gen older cpu won't hurt but ask someone else here because i don't know much.
About display, the best thing is to see it yourself. The matte is considered better, but not always.

Sent from my Lenovo Vibe K5 using XDA Labs

True, so true!
But are you certain that I should quit looking for ACERS?

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

BTW

TO EVERYONE that's READING: DON'T EVER buy ADATA's SSD 2,5 inch drives, even on MLC memory banks. ALL models of ADATA SSD's are going sooner or later down. The data is gone forever, the best thing that may happen is that they reduce their speed to the speed of a low class HDD - like 40 MB/S.

I'm so shocked and disapointed! cause they've got nice prices.

So by extension also try to avoid their USB pendrive's.
7th April 2019, 11:02 PM |#9325  
Senior Member
The Middle of Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 301
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidbadboy

True, so true!
But are you certain that I should quit looking for ACERS?

Neither you nor I heard something positive about them. I wouldn't give acer my money. You decide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidbadboy

DON'T EVER buy ADATA's SSD 2,5 inch drives

Thanks for the info though not surprised.

Sent from my Lenovo Vibe K5 using XDA Labs
8th April 2019, 12:26 AM |#9326  
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidbadboy

AMAZING, just AMAZING. The Lenovo V330 is like exactly what I need, the Thinkpad e570 is also nice but 7th gen.
Too bad I don't know if it has IPS display, my shops show only LED Mat display and no touch (a touch screen would be nice).

BUT HOW AM I going to put a 2,5" SSD in that laptop?

7th gen are still very viable CPUs and will be for a few years, they will last well until you choose to get a new system.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
15th April 2019, 06:14 AM |#9327  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.

Well, seems this is the Official desktops and laptops thread in the XDA OT.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, any suggestions you may want/have you would like to share and if you are visiting this thread for the first time do also post your PC/laptop config.


Cheers!

Thanks for this thread. I hope I can find some answers to the following.

My Windows PC keeps on crashing and am getting a Kernel error. I'm running on Windows 10, it's making me sick I have read from other forms and can't seem to get an accurate answer to my problem.
15th April 2019, 12:32 PM |#9328  
Senior Member
The Middle of Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 301
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetprism

Thanks for this thread. I hope I can find some answers to the following.

My Windows PC keeps on crashing and am getting a Kernel error. I'm running on Windows 10, it's making me sick I have read from other forms and can't seem to get an accurate answer to my problem.

Any success with safe mode?

Sent from my Lenovo Vibe K5 using XDA Labs
16th April 2019, 07:22 AM |#9329  
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetprism

Thanks for this thread. I hope I can find some answers to the following.

My Windows PC keeps on crashing and am getting a Kernel error. I'm running on Windows 10, it's making me sick I have read from other forms and can't seem to get an accurate answer to my problem.

Go to Control Panel>Security and Maintenance>Recovery>Open System Restore, choose a restore point(click the "show more restore points" if you want/need to), let it restore to that point. When System Restore finishes, re-install whatever programs, drivers or updates you lost during the restore process.

Or

Click start menu, then click the gear icon for settings, then choose the "update/recovery", then choose recovery, then choose the "reset my PC", choose the keep my files option. When the reset finishes, re-install any programs, drivers or updates you lost.



Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
12th May 2019, 10:37 PM |#9330  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
What do I have to worry about when buying a smaller laptop like 14", 13.3" ?

Should I keep something in mind when selecting a laptop with touch screen? No back sun scernario - home use only.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
computer questions, laptop questions

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes