FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(MOD)(BL1.2ROM-CM-10)SmOoTher_BeAn_4.1.2(G-tablet)(Updated 02/01/13)

1,508 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,362

By nobe1976, Senior Member on 23rd September 2012, 02:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th May 2019, 12:20 AM |#1211  
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSauce

I, personally, have no idea what "I/O wait"

It's when the kernel is waiting for a device to complete a data transfer. For a normal computer it might be "waiting for the hard disk to read or save a block". While the kernel is blocked waiting for I/O it can't do anything else on that CPU core. So high I/O wait is bad for performance. It can be especially bad when the kernel is short of memory 'cos it can be paging memory in/out.

For the GTablet it could be very slow memory storage, it could be the replacement kernel isn't properly optimised, it could be lack of memory, or something else!

Quote:

I managed to fix the problem by uninstalling GApps completely. It seems that the latest version of Google Play Services (that gets installed after a few hours of the ROM first being installed) doesn't work very well on this tablet. Unfortunately, it was quite some time ago that I went about this, so I don't exactly remember what I did. I probably ran this script directly after installing the ROM.

Google Play is definitely one of the apps that kicks the system into 99% I/O wait. But I dunno if that's a symptom or a cause!
The Following User Says Thank You to sweh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sweh Ad-Free

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)