FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[All XDA Members] Feedback/Recommendations for XDA

23,400 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,019

By Fallen Spartan, Moderator Emeritus- Irish Pride, Spartan Legacy on 12th November 2012, 11:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th March 2019, 01:43 AM |#3151  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yes, I like the ideas! You have made my plans more perfect too.

Soon we will compare it.

20th March 2019, 01:48 AM |#3152  
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Hombre Principal

Yes, I like the ideas! You have made my plans more perfect too.

Soon we will compare it.

I'm sorry, you don't understand, but that is ok.

Hopefully, if the idea is even considerable to the Admin/Moderators, maybe they will understand something in all of this that helps understand what you want.

Good luck.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
20th March 2019, 01:53 AM |#3153  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

I'm sorry, you don't understand, but that is ok.

Hopefully, if the idea is even considerable to the Admin/Moderators, maybe they will understand something in all of this that helps understand what you want.

Good luck.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

You can make my phone unlockable maybe?
20th March 2019, 07:25 AM |#3154  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,436

More
Talking
sometimes its like watching Manuel on Faulty Towers. it looks too good to be totally random

May I suggest to reduce each post to a simple yes/no.

Post 1. Do you want X? Yes or No

AFTER you get a response, then ask.

Post 2. Do you want Y? Yes or No

AFTER you get a response, then ask.

Post 3. Do you want Z? Yes or No

If you get a yes to all three (which I suspect will be the case....), you will understand where you sit.

Also, could the following be what is being requested?
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php...&idPhone2=9629

Maybe a post asking what is wrong with the following. Could I also suggest posting your answers in your native language (under the English translation)
8th April 2019, 06:53 PM |#3155  
Thanks Meter: 235

More
So just a few suggestions for the web page forum on default theme maybe make the search text in the search bar a shade or 2 darker.

This is a bit more complex but my vision would be to make it so by default right under the op(opening post) of each new thread you put a nice search button. You know in the middle colored differently ect. This would make the search bar feature more but prominent and reduce members annoyance at people's laziness/nooby goodness. Making everyone more chill.🌶️

I also think xda could make it so searchs are not as important/used as much. One way you could do this is write a link aggregation program to sort all links in thread by how recent (Date) they were linked and then include goes many times it's been Clinked. Then display both attributes attributes with the Link's title. For example:

1. A problem. Date:4/21/18 Clicked Time(s): 1
2. Kernel link. Date:4/20/18 Clicked Time(s): 300
3. A Problem Date:4/20/18 Clicked Time(s): 3
4. Rom link. Date:4/19/18 Clicked Time(s):5000

In the thread page of the forum you either add "Links" tab to top like downloads and/or you put a link to the "Links" under the op of each thread including the 5 most recent, then have link to expand it. This could reduce server load since everyone would hopefully start to always look there first before searching. In the Links page proper you display them as listed and show the post as a list. For then for any thread with more then 1 page be of Links you either have pages for be overflow or limit it to last 5-10.

Now if you have gone that far you could also put a option for mods/thread author/devs to have thier most recent post linked automatically to the bottom of the op as well. Maybe event put a voting feature to promote a post to be at the bottom of the op. The easiest way I thought you could do that is by: linking the post in the last 7 days that got thanked the most. That's super easy to be understand. Plus it promotes helpfulness by almost making kindness a competition in the forum. This methodology simply turn thanking into the voting system simplifying implementation of this enhancements. You could also look the most thanked link ever as well.

So all told hopefully this would highlight the download tab built into xda forum, reduce server load(less searches), promote kindness, make the the search feature more prominent, make everybody a bit more chill, empower the thanks button and finally centralize important info and recent thanked in one place making the op the most important be places in the thread.

Sorry if this is over the top just tired of people being mean cause someone didn't search for info. Sometimes I it's hard to know what to search for, sometimes people might not see it ect.
23rd April 2019, 08:09 AM |#3156  
Thanks Meter: 3,232

More
Viewing the mobile site on my phone, the font on the site suddenly changed. Everything is now BOLD. What happened?

Edit: Seems like Adguard is causing it. I'll let them know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190423-080832_Chrome.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	4747626  
13th May 2019, 12:12 AM |#3157  
Thanks Meter: 729

More
There's a link to themerapp.com at the top of each page, but it's dead.
14th May 2019, 05:49 PM |#3158  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,796

More
E-mail notifications have stopped. Between late May 13 and now May 14 PDT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-forum.xda-developers.com-2019.05.14-09-44-24.png
Views:	32
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	4758878  
The Following User Says Thank You to Pkt_Lnt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pkt_Lnt Ad-Free
14th May 2019, 07:02 PM |#3159  
Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor / Forest Keeper
Forest stage inhabited by robot bats, mechanical hares and atomic chickens
Thanks Meter: 15,467

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

I've contacted the server admin 10 min ago. He looked into it and it should be fixed now. Lots of emails in queue currently. They are coming slowly but surely.

Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
14th May 2019, 07:15 PM |#3160  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,796

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Man

I've contacted the server admin 10 min ago. He looked into it and it should be fixed now. Lots of emails in queue currently. They are coming slowly but surely.

Thanks!

I just got four now, thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pkt_Lnt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pkt_Lnt Ad-Free
Yesterday, 08:24 AM |#3161  
Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor / Forest Keeper
Forest stage inhabited by robot bats, mechanical hares and atomic chickens
Thanks Meter: 15,467

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

The email issue is back, I have contacted the server admin again. Let's wait and see.
Edit: this should be fixed now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)