[APP][1.5+] Webkey (ROOT REQUIRED), remote control your phone

Search This thread

tresveces

Nov 24, 2012
a quick question

I
It's so sad this tool is left dead. I only discovered webkey this week. It works somewhat on my rooted Kyocera Hydro running 4.0, but doesn't work on rooted Samgsung s3 running Cyanogen 4.2.

Even on Hydro 4.0, it doesn't auto restart on boot. Is there any way to fix this? thanks

Last edited:

bombolo88

Nov 14, 2008
I
It's so sad this tool is left dead. I only discovered webkey this week. It works somewhat on my rooted Kyocera Hydro running 4.0, but doesn't work on rooted Samgsung s3 running Cyanogen 4.2.

Even on Hydro 4.0, it doesn't auto restart on boot. Is there any way to fix this? thanks

Hi,the same is for me on a samsung gt-s5830i,i have used an app called autostart for a workaround..wekbey starts but not it's service..please help :(

Andromate

Jul 30, 2014
* Homepage: androidwebkey.com

Feel free to ask for features and send bugs.

First impression: very exciting project with multiple functionality .. I've noticed that homepage is down for now i can imagine that there is not enough funds to keep it running, :cowboy:
as kind of bug, web access is unavailable when the phone is locked,
and for additional features / security measures i suggest to add password protection to access or run the app also a local data encryption to keep everything away from hands
it's very promising keep it up :highfive:

YannLF

Nov 17, 2014
Hi,

I don't know if this has been posted before, but there is a partial solution for those who cannot connect via the IP address over 3G/4G, because their provider is blocking it, and connecting through webkey.cc does not work.

I do not mean to provide a fully tested solution, but just a hint for people trying to stream the rooted Android device screen to another Android device.
What I did requires at least two Android devices : one rooted (the streaming device), let's call it A, and one not necessarily, let's call it B. B must have a 3G/4G connection available.

Want I did is to share my device B's 3G/4G connection over wifi, (I used FoxFi Key, but normally it is a build in function), and connect to it with device A.
Therefore, device A has a local IP address, and I was able to stream Device A screen to device B using webkey to stream on A and webkey to connect to remote screen on B.

Although this solution still requires a 3G/4G connection, it enables the connection in an environment where there is not external Wifi connection.

I have yet to test it in situ to test the performance, regarding the maximum distance between the two devices essentially.

Hope this is not a repost, but I didn't feel like browsing the 37 pages to make sure of it :)

kamal1982

Jan 8, 2013
When ever i try to open the webkey.cc it says the home page is down. One of the best android app. When it will be back any reviews.
Thanks

manhab

May 11, 2011
i find this the only useful app, incase you want to find out who stole your phone, his current position, his numbers, you can take photos, import photos, text the phone, take numbers.. call numbers ( i would call myself to get the number) and many more
i ve installed this app and locked it, enabled auto start and auto connect service and now it works in the background always.

Skywalker676

Jul 27, 2012
Jaipur
Is it working on diffrent network? Means if i am on diffrent connection. Me on 3g and computer on wifi?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

valantislevas

Mar 20, 2015
Is it working on diffrent network? Means if i am on diffrent connection. Me on 3g and computer on wifi?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yes open the port 80 TCP in your network and you will be ok..

-----

Question is possible to change the port 80 TCP from webkey on a device? because i run 2 android systems and i want to have external access so i cant use it in the same port.. is possible?

effemme8

Jan 24, 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WEBKEY service was stopped from 1st july 2015 !!!!!!!!!!!

and now ? alternative for OLD-smartphone ? ( cerberus is not possibile in old-smartphone )

I need it for to control old-old-parents...........HELP ME !

eel_dahc

Oct 1, 2013
will it let me access it behind a modem, router?

I want to leave a phone with this on it at my brother's house who has great internet service and remote into it with my primary phone or laptop to make downloads that I can not make using my prepaid account.

When I get to the website I get the IP address of the mode/ router and not the phones IP. How can I remedy this?

tekweezle

Jun 20, 2012
Change the port used by the phone to something than port 80 and do some port forwarding at the router.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

u4icpain

Aug 13, 2010
Chicago
LG G6
LG V30
I don't trust this AT ALL!!!

x2 Personally, I think RATs and Remote Controllers are cool, but one really needs to know the vulnerability they entail. Nice tools, but I'd never install a developer version of this kind of software onto anything.

Know your certificates, firewalls, ports, encryption options and do some Pentesting before installing this kind of software people.

effemme8

Jan 24, 2008
I tried with many smartphone (last on ASUS Webfone 7) withsane resukt: on the screen is present imagine of "standard smartphone" but I cannot control it (as in pasto… around year ago)

Only Cerberus can be help me… but, with it, I cannot operate on smartphone with total control .

Sep 19, 2016
how to start webkey from command line

Hi
I am using lollipop 5 on my tablet, I installed webkey 3.2.11 and it works GREAT!!!

However, since I have ssh server installed in my tablet, instead of starting webkey at every boot up, I am thinking to start it only when I need it to get maximum efficiency. In the other wards, I don't start webkey all the time, if I need to start webkey, I log in through ssh and start it from command line and then I can control it over the virtual screen.

Can someone help me on this?

Cheers,

effemme8

Jan 24, 2008
Hi
I am using lollipop 5 on my tablet, I installed webkey 3.2.11 and it works GREAT!!!

However, since I have ssh server installed in my tablet, instead of starting webkey at every boot up, I am thinking to start it only when I need it to get maximum efficiency. In the other wards, I don't start webkey all the time, if I need to start webkey, I log in through ssh and start it from command line and then I can control it over the virtual screen.

Can someone help me on this?

Cheers,

can you post some screenshot here ?

I not understand : when I try to connect on site webkey.cc\test-fm... I have only image of "standard smartphone"

Sep 19, 2016
can you post some screenshot here ?

I not understand : when I try to connect on site webkey.cc\test-fm... I have only image of "standard smartphone"

I prepared some images, but don't know how to load it into this post, so have to use words...

I did not connect through webkey.cc. My tablet is connected to ethernet, so I can just directly connect into the tablet using its IP address (ie. type 10.211.190.196:8080 at the url input of your browser), if the browser displays a username and password screen, then you are connected, so don't forget to add a user account within the webkey setup menu before you start to connect. Also, your device must support giving superuser right to application.

Now, who can tell me how to start webkey background service from command line?

effemme8

Jan 24, 2008
I prepared some images, but don't know how to load it into this post, so have to use words...

I did not connect through webkey.cc. My tablet is connected to ethernet, so I can just directly connect into the tablet using its IP address (ie. type 10.211.190.196:8080 at the url input of your browser), if the browser displays a username and password screen, then you are connected, so don't forget to add a user account within the webkey setup menu before you start to connect. Also, your device must support giving superuser right to application.

Now, who can tell me how to start webkey background service from command line?

Today a Tried in WLAN : YES I can use it

but I need OUT-WLAN ( often with 3G connection ) : no possibile in this case !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Using this program you can control your phone from any browser. It requires a rooted Android phone.

* You can click and type on the phone (we inject touch events to the touch device and create a new HID for typing),
    * get screenshots (copied from the framebuffer device) in jpeg and png, record images in sequence
    * start phone calls (it uses '/bin/system/service' from android)
    * open webpages on the phone (it uses intents)
    * browse, download from, upload to the SD card (it uses AjaXplorer so you can rename files, listen mp3, etc.)
    * browse and read every files on phone
    * adjust LCD backlight
    * get the phone's location (GPS and network, it uses our JAVA code and shows the result on GoogeMaps)
    * exporting contacts, messages, call list in txt, csv, xml,
    * chat with phone and other users
    * terminal emulator with Shell In A Box
    * user rights management, log
    * works on wifi, 3g
    * DynDNS support (it's a dinamic DNS service, after you register at dyndns.org, your phone will have an address like: myphone.homeip.net, this only works if you can reach your phone using its IP address)
    * if your 3g internet provider blocks the incoming connection to your phone, then you cannot connect using its IP address or DynDNS, but you can connect through our server (the phone starts the connection like GoogleTalk does)
    * user admin has a random password each time, but you can add new users. The connection is not encrypted, we are planning to use https instead of http
    * opensource (it is licensed under General Public License)
    * most of the functions uses only C++ part, which has very low memory footprint and almost no CPU use in idle.
    * Homepage: androidwebkey.com

Feel free to ask for features and send bugs.

Market Link
    Pretty slow but it works.

If there is a demand for this, we will hire a server with a faster connection. It seems like all the 3G internet providers blocks the incoming connection to the phone in USA, so we have to redirect the packets through our server. In Europe the situation is better, and we can connect to the phone directly.

Webkey listens on all interfaces, so if you manage to set up a VPN, it will work.
    The app is still alive. If you have any questions please contact with me. I am Webkey developer.
    We had a little break (moving to a new house, got a new job), but we are back online! The plans for the future:
    - fix some serious bugs asap (screenshot problems, starting failes)
    - rent new server in the USA with fast connection
    - have some really huge plans, at the end Webkey will be a complex system

Sorry if I haven't answered all the emails and the posts, I'll try to.
    Ive had to flash my rom several times in the past day or 2 as i sorted out a few issues. So in turn everytime i have installed Webkey i have had to select a new username as the previous one is in use. Do the old usernames expire after a x amount of time or is there a way to use an exsisting one, ive had to create a new user name every reload.

Cheers

Here is my common answer, I have no good solution for the problem.

"It has a security reason: the protocol is simple and someone could write a program that connects to our server pretending itself to be your phone, the next time you want to log in, the attacker would have your password (you would connect to his/her program instead of your phone). To avoid this your phone generates a random string at the first time you install Webkey, and use that secret random string to identify itself to our server. This random string is generated only from time, and it's not related to any private information such as IMEI number, it's not saved on the sdcard (where every application can read it). So at the next install you will have to use a different username, because the previous one is connected to a random string which is now unknown. Again, I'm making exceptions, write me an email."

So if you send me those usernames, I'm happy to reset them. After
    that I suggest that you should save the file

/data/data/com.webkey/shared_prefs/com.webkey_preferences.xml

it contains the random string (that's important). And restore that
    file after installing the new ROM and Webkey.