Thanks Meter: 87

By bucefal82, Member on 11th May 2013, 07:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th May 2019, 11:07 AM |#7051  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakegriplingph

Is the motherboard buggered up by any chance? You might want to check out your hard drive's S.M.A.R.T. status whilst you're at it; if there's any bad sectors that show up, back it up as much as you can. And I presume this is a gaming rig or some decently powered workstation for compiling things, yes?

In my case, I've tried a few build flags in an attempt to improve upon the situation I am having, and it got even worse from what I can attest. Do you have a Discord or Facebook messenger account if you don't mind telling?

Yeah i check s.m.a.r.t after i did a quick bridge on the hdd board with a bit of wire and solder stuck it into my work pc and checked it all before doing a complete path resolder,

mother board blew some transistors changed what i found the other day out using a magnifying lens and looking for the burnt spots/white residue.

Got it to power back on but no display new graphics card came today plugged it in im getting output from the pins now but there seems to be a voltage short somewhere im missing as its only producing half of what it should be through the circuitry on PCB with voltmeter on it im on a huch but i think it may be powerpack i replaced it with as this is quite a power consuming machine it may nothave the juice to run it CPU fan seems slower than usual also i ordered a new one for it today which will be here tomorrow ive spent most of today recombing the board for any missed damaged parts and all looks A ok for tomorrow when parcel comes

i use this one for my compiling water cooled CPU 16GB ram with 1TB SSD which ive split into 2 partitions to run Linux on 1 partitition with a 500GB capacity and windows 10 on the other with 460GB partition such a beast when it was working thats why im trying to fix it so badly board alone cost me $390 AUD

16th May 2019, 02:27 PM |#7052  
Thanks Meter: 109

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty1993

Yeah i check s.m.a.r.t after i did a quick bridge on the hdd board with a bit of wire and solder stuck it into my work pc and checked it all before doing a complete path resolder,

mother board blew some transistors changed what i found the other day out using a magnifying lens and looking for the burnt spots/white residue.

Got it to power back on but no display new graphics card came today plugged it in im getting output from the pins now but there seems to be a voltage short somewhere im missing as its only producing half of what it should be through the circuitry on PCB with voltmeter on it im on a huch but i think it may be powerpack i replaced it with as this is quite a power consuming machine it may nothave the juice to run it CPU fan seems slower than usual also i ordered a new one for it today which will be here tomorrow ive spent most of today recombing the board for any missed damaged parts and all looks A ok for tomorrow when parcel comes

i use this one for my compiling water cooled CPU 16GB ram with 1TB SSD which ive split into 2 partitions to run Linux on 1 partitition with a 500GB capacity and windows 10 on the other with 460GB partition such a beast when it was working thats why im trying to fix it so badly board alone cost me $390 AUD

That sure sounds rather jerry-rigged from what you've described. Couldn't you just order a new motherboard and get on with that thing?
18th May 2019, 06:57 AM |#7053  

More
Quote:

That sure sounds rather jerry-rigged from what you've described. Couldn't you just order a new motherboard and get on with that thing?

The s.o.b lives im backing everything up as we speak seems to be all good now i replaced power packs and it turned straight on but fan was still going slowish turns out fan had had it aswell full of dust,

I been fixing pcb boards for years and years though so i figure if it aint broke broke might aswell fix it also run my own android repair buisness so HW repairs are never shy of coming in,

Once everythings backed up ill set the net back up on it and get onto having a look at your github for you, i may try to also build CM12.1 for my pixi 3 with 3.4.67 kernel as i dont quite fully understand the way the lollipop cryptfs works on 5.1 so would be good to have a CM version i can flash to see if there are any problems also the same as yours regarding gui and what not
18th May 2019, 07:37 AM |#7054  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The s.o.b lives im backing everything up as we speak seems to be all good now i replaced power packs and it turned straight on but fan was still going slowish turns out fan had had it aswell full of dust,

I been fixing pcb boards for years and years though so i figure if it aint broke broke might aswell fix it also run my own android repair buisness so HW repairs are never shy of coming in,

Once everythings backed up ill set the net back up on it and get onto having a look at your github for you, i may try to also build CM12.1 for my pixi 3 with 3.4.67 kernel as i dont quite fully understand the way the lollipop cryptfs works on 5.1 so would be good to have a CM version i can flash to see if there are any problems also the same as yours regarding gui and what not

Good call on the Pixi; are you referring to the tablet or the phone model? It would be best if you order a LeapFrog Epic as well, assuming money and/or logistics isn't that of an issue on your end. I know at least two dudes who have bought an Epic for ROM porting or is interested in buying one for said reason, but I haven't heard from them in a while.
18th May 2019, 07:45 AM |#7055  

More
Quote:

Good call on the Pixi; are you referring to the tablet or the phone model? It would be best if you order a LeapFrog Epic as well, assuming money and/or logistics isn't that of an issue on your end. I know at least two dudes who have bought an Epic for ROM porting or is interested in buying one for said reason, but I haven't heard from them in a while.

Only got the phone model but i used to port tablet roms to it all the time as they use virtually the same HW and what not only the lcd drivers are diff thats about it, ive got 2 kernels i can try aswell to see how low of a kernel version i can get to work on 5.x.x

one is the stock 3.4.67 and other is 3.4.11 as i cant remember if i used the 3.4.11 or .67 version on an old LineageOS 6.0 build i did for 4027A anyway though would be interesting to know,

Yeah i think i may have to get my hands on one of the leapfrogs see what i can i do with them
The Following User Says Thank You to Matty1993 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Matty1993 Ad-Free
18th May 2019, 08:04 AM |#7056  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Only got the phone model but i used to port tablet roms to it all the time as they use virtually the same HW and what not only the lcd drivers are diff thats about it, ive got 2 kernels i can try as well to see how low of a kernel version i can get to work on 5.x.x

one is the stock 3.4.67 and other is 3.4.11 as i cant remember if i used the 3.4.11 or .67 version on an old LineageOS 6.0 build i did for 4027A anyway though would be interesting to know,

Yeah i think i may have to get my hands on one of the leapfrogs see what i can i do with them

Yeah, apart from the fact that there were SOCs which use PowerVR, BIG.little and all that jazz they're largely the same basic setup anyway.

I''m sure there should be listings in your local classifieds for a LeapFrog Epic, but idk about the usual port of calls for you guys in Oz. Not unless I turn the screen upside-down that is. :P
20th May 2019, 02:10 AM |#7057  

More
Quote:

Yeah, apart from the fact that there were SOCs which use PowerVR, BIG.little and all that jazz they're largely the same basic setup anyway.

I''m sure there should be listings in your local classifieds for a LeapFrog Epic, but idk about the usual port of calls for you guys in Oz. Not unless I turn the screen upside-down that is. :P

Wow sorry for late reply forgot to hit the send button on comment yesterday

Yeah minor diffs but all in all theyre basically the same the way emmc is setup,

Oh i managed to compile a lollipop 5.1 build for 4027A yesterday also so im gonna be testing it this morning to see if i come across any of the same errors as you are, i couldn't find a suitable HW match with source from MicroMax A102 like i usually use for the pixi 3 with 12.1 so i had to use some Advan MT6572 source ive never heard of i came across all appeared to be the same setup apart from some minor things.

I had a breif look on what we have called gumtree in australia here its like craigslist in america etc, nothing yet but as soon as one pops up ill buy it so ive got the SoC to work with in front of me i dont think ill buy one new as its only going to be a test machine but if i cant find a second hand one soon i may just buy one for development.

I also started to look at your githib repo yesterday also havent found anything culprit yet but once ive done a full analysis ill pend you the resluts in a log
The Following User Says Thank You to Matty1993 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Matty1993 Ad-Free
20th May 2019, 04:25 AM |#7058  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Wow sorry for late reply forgot to hit the send button on comment yesterday

Yeah minor diffs but all in all theyre basically the same the way emmc is setup,

Oh i managed to compile a lollipop 5.1 build for 4027A yesterday also so im gonna be testing it this morning to see if i come across any of the same errors as you are, i couldn't find a suitable HW match with source from MicroMax A102 like i usually use for the pixi 3 with 12.1 so i had to use some Advan MT6572 source ive never heard of i came across all appeared to be the same setup apart from some minor things.

I had a breif look on what we have called gumtree in australia here its like craigslist in america etc, nothing yet but as soon as one pops up ill buy it so ive got the SoC to work with in front of me i dont think ill buy one new as its only going to be a test machine but if i cant find a second hand one soon i may just buy one for development.

I also started to look at your githib repo yesterday also havent found anything culprit yet but once ive done a full analysis ill pend you the resluts in a log

Yeah I've heard of gumtree, I'm sure a parent or two would lob one up for sale in case their son or daughter outgrew it. I'm contemplating on sending my broken Epic your way but idk how much it would cost along with a replacement motherboard.

A few other dudes have pledged support as well, which is rather assuring. Just let me know if you finally get your hands on one so I could brief you into the device's quirks and whatnot.

EDIT: I found one being sold for 20AUD, but the seller claims it isn't working. Not sure if it's worth the gamble as it could mean anything from the battery to the LCD or the mainboard itself being buggered up. Can't link to the ads as they're classifieds which is frowned upon by xda so I'll just PM you those instead.
Yesterday, 11:33 PM |#7059  
Flag Katowice
Thanks Meter: 111

Donate to Me
More
Guys how do I know how to setup drvgen pins? Catting on device gives me different fields than the guide posted here, for example instead of INV I got IES and it got values that don't make too much sense to me, for example -2. I know I can get EINT via dtsi, but still some unknowns here, varname for example. How do I know which varname to use? Should I reverse kernel and check at that pin hex which var is then used in driver code? Basically got a booting device, but I must use it via OTG mouse because my touchscreen doesn't work, there's nothing in log and seems I got everything for touch already set in drvgen, no idea what else I can do about it l, tried multiple ft5x0x drivers as that's what I've found in kernel disassembly and chip in the device also says FT5435DQQ so it seems it should at least give some signs, when I use gt9xx driver at least there's log but nothing else except that, screen does not respond.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)