[Daydream][4.0+] Lucid - DayDream Screensaver

1,045 posts
Thanks Meter: 881

Post Reply Email Thread
19th January 2018, 04:24 AM |#261  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great Product! Features request and advise to developer
The product is great. However, you can increase you revenue potential from this app if you include a few keywords in your description as well as adding a few more features or enhancement. I purchased this app for my custom 'Digital Photo Frame' and 'smart mirror'. (Add the words in qoute to your app description to draw potential users searching for this to your app description and feature usage.

Features to add, or tweak:
*Have the app automatically rotate through the different modules as opposed to selecting them from the Clock screen (Necessary for Smart Mirror); this can be added as a configurable option (rotate vs. toggle buttons on clock screen)

*Add feature to overlay rss feeds, weather info, and calendar events over images being displayed on the slideshow images (nice to have for an enhanced 'Digital Photo Frame' experience!). This should also be added as configurable option as not everyone wants rss, weather, calendar or notification overlayed on images; but allow the user to select what to include on the overlay.

*Pull images from Google Photos albums and other online services as opposed to images only locate on local storage).
9th April 2018, 07:21 PM |#262  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonjn

I just started using this last night. One thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem to update notifications when they come in while the daydream is opened. It only shows the one's it knows about when launched. Is it just me? If not, is there any way to change this?

I noticed the exact same behavior that started a few months ago... can't remember exactly when, maybe when I moved from Android 7 to 8 ?... or 8 to 8.1 ? But when I receive a notification (little envelop from Gmail for exemple), it doesn't appear on Lucid Daydream if it's currently running. However, if I wake the phone and wait for Lucid to start by itself again, the notification is there. For an unknown reason, the app doesn't seem to react to new notifications but can show the notifications that were already there when it started.
10th June 2018, 10:58 PM |#263  

More
Screenshot "." after date?
Why is there a Full Stop "." included after the Date Number? How do I remove it?
Warmest wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4velin

As I couldn't find any Daydream for my finally arrived Nexus 7 Dock which fulfills all my needs, I started developing my own one. I'm quite happy with the result and present you:
Lucid - DayDream Screensaver

The main screen of the screensaver is the clock view, which you can see in the 1st attached screenshot. Besides the moving clock & date it can also show:

• battery level
  • weather
  • unread GMails
  • missed calls
  • new SMS texts
  • next alarm

Also, you get buttons at the bottom to:
  • toggle night-mode (dim the screen)
  • start RSS view (3rd screenshot)
  • start Slideshow view
  • play/pause music (not every music app is supported)

You can change nearly every color/text size from the configuration screen. On Android 4.2, you'll find the Daydream in the Android settings app -> Display -> Daydream. For older versions, there is a launcher icon in your app drawer and the app can automatically start when the device is connected to a power source or placed in a dock.

The app comes as a trial version, in which the use of the daydream is limited to 30 minutes. You can purchase the full version from an in-app option for a fair 0.50 EUR / 0.99 USD.

Download: Play Store

The screensaver should work with every 4.0+ device, however I could only test it on my Nexus 4 & 7. So if you have any issues, let me know

XDA:DevDB Information
Lucid - Daydream, App for the Paid Software Discussion

Contributors
j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
Last Updated 2014-11-06

9th September 2018, 09:49 AM |#264  

More
Hi,
Love the app and thank you for all the effort of doing it. I'm using it on tablet permanently attached on wall Tablet is always on , hooked to power supply and looks fabulous (picture of old tablet below - just blurred personal events) .
I recently switched my old wall-tablet to a cheaper one (for like 50€) with Anfroid 7
My question is : is it possible to increase brightness of screen saver? Whenever daydream is launched screen is dimmed (I know - LCD protection ) . On new tablet dim is a bit too much , and compared to old tablet is not that much readable as I would love to :/
I know there is night mode module, but it of course dims screen even more.
Tablet settings brightness is set to maximum, hence my question is , is there some other third app/setting I can do to stop Lucid Daydream Screensaver dimming ? I'm not concerned about screen burn due to reason above

Wall-tablet
14th February 2019, 03:58 PM |#265  
Flag Abingdon

More
Great app! I have been using it for some years as my night clock - with a very dim screen. But I can no longer kill the screen saver on undocking / removing power. I've tried every combination of the relevant options in the settings. The screen saver continues after disconnecting. I have to use my back button to exist (and optionally kill the app from my running apps screen).
This used to work - perhaps in an earlier Android version? I'm on a OnePlus 3 running stock Oreo. I can't even kill the app from Tasker after detecting no longer powered.
How do I get the screen saver to stop when not powered?
19th April 2019, 08:29 PM |#266  

More
Vrry goof
17th May 2019, 09:41 PM |#267  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
After trying around the options, now, the clock etc. is not anymore centered, but in the top left. Portrait and landscape mode the same. There is no option to make it centered. I also deleted app data - it didn't help. Can I send a screenshot?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ceekay2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ceekay2 Ad-Free
20th August 2019, 01:00 PM |#268  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It has started to freeze!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronzie009 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ronzie009 Ad-Free
28th December 2019, 01:12 PM |#269  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Lucid Daydream while on battery
Is it possible to provide an option such that Lucid Daydream kicks in also when on battery? I know this would be a battery killer, but this would be helpful for usecases, for example, like me where I use it on a tab mounted on the wall and it is charged at regular intervals.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)