Restored lost IMEI

Search This thread

astax

Aug 20, 2011
Just wanted to share my experience of restoring IMEI which I've lost couple of months ago after following an unbricking instructions from this forum.

This may be a bit disappointing for those of you who are looking for a way to repair it ourselves, so to cut the long story short - I've brought my phone to the Samsung service and they've fixed this in 10 minutes for free!

I did flash some custom firmware and kernels several times, had a yellow triangle and did quite a few other fancy things with my phone. But eventually the phone just died on its own, although being on almost stock firmware and kernel. Unlucky for me I was not in the country where I bought it and I didn't have any warranty documents at all. Few weeks later I've found this repair instruction - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1528256 and was able to revive the phone. Almost... if not counting that IMEI was reset to the default one, which is blocked by all UK carriers.

Finally, a few days ago I came to Russia, reset the yellow triangle, flashed the stock firmware, grabbed warranty documents and headed to the Samsung service center, preparing myself for a long wait and being afraid that they won't fix it until I have to go back to the UK, which would be very disappointing. I've seen stories that service centers can't fix IMEI and just replace the main board.

And I can't express how much I was excited when I was told they can simply re-set the IMEI and it'll take just 10 minutes! All completely for free!

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
Can you by any method get hold of any guy at the service center & ask him how did they do it ?

They surely would have a software program or tool with which they get it done. If you can get that tool / program by any chance it would help a lot of Galaxy R users world wide & no one will ever stop thanking you. :D

So I request you to at least try but with care. ;)

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
my friend owns a SSC, he have said there is a software which re-programs IMEI number to device and also require some hardware to do that (maybe JTAG). and with that software we can re-write EFS partion to all samsung devices and its not limited to galaxy R :D

but unfortunately they cant leak it as samsung have warned to not to leak this to public.

Reactions: duke_1286

Birki96

May 14, 2012
my friend owns a SSC, he have said there is a software which re-programs IMEI number to device and also require some hardware to do that (maybe JTAG). and with that software we can re-write EFS partion to all samsung devices and its not limited to galaxy R :D

but unfortunately they cant leak it as samsung have warned to not to leak this to public.

Where did he bought the SSC :D ?

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda premium

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012

If it's a only a software which I think it is then kindly request him to give it to you only. :D

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
Where did he bought the SSC :D ?

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda premium

dont know about other countries but here in india all SSC are not run by samsung, franchisees runs it on contract basis with samsung. and one of my friend is owning samsung franchisee.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

once i searched over web and found this trick to write IMEI but it doesnt works for us, code doesnt makes ant effect.
http://www.talkingmobi.com/write-imei-number-android-phone-fastcardtech/

astax

Aug 20, 2011
Can you by any method get hold of any guy at the service center & ask him how did they do it ?

If there were such software that they could give out it would be already available for download. I'm pretty sure the main reason why it can't be distributed is that it can change IMEI which is illegal in many countries and makes ineffective the standard anti-theft measure of blocking certain IMEI numbers by mobile carriers.

If you're really interested, there are a few guys who offer remote IMEI repair using TeamView and some other software such as remote USB client. They do this for money so they surely won't just tell you all their secrets, but you can try. I suspect there is some hardware involved. For example, try contacting this person - http://forum.samdroid.net/members/cvxcvx/

Dudenk06

Oct 10, 2019
Lost IMEI Sharp sh01k

I lost my IMEI my device is Sharp sh01k , need help how I can fix it , thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If there were such software that they could give out it would be already available for download. I'm pretty sure the main reason why it can't be distributed is that it can change IMEI which is illegal in many countries and makes ineffective the standard anti-theft measure of blocking certain IMEI numbers by mobile carriers.

If you're really interested, there are a few guys who offer remote IMEI repair using TeamView and some other software such as remote USB client. They do this for money so they surely won't just tell you all their secrets, but you can try. I suspect there is some hardware involved. For example, try contacting this person - http://forum.samdroid.net/members/cvxcvx/