FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Any full size weighted stylus that is confirmed to work?

249 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By jkcarp94, Senior Member on 15th October 2013, 12:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd May 2017, 02:33 AM |#281  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadoid

@Standa: It is not uncommon that a stylus displays a small offset, which usually depends on how you hold the stylus when writing/drawing, specifically the angle between stylus axes and display surface. Most handwriting apps have an option to compensate for such offset.

Dude! I love your app!!! Long time user of it and one of the best apps I've ever used (along with SleepAsAndroid ) it got me through my college career ... What rom do you use for your note 10.1?

2nd May 2017, 09:07 AM |#282  
Thanks Meter: 753

Donate to Me
More
@diabl0w: Glad to hear that. All my test devices run the respective stock ROM.
29th May 2017, 01:32 AM |#283  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadoid

@diabl0w: Glad to hear that. All my test devices run the respective stock ROM.

@acadoid, I have same lenovo stylus with offset, from where i can get rid of offset in LectureNotes? thnx
29th May 2017, 08:41 AM |#284  
Thanks Meter: 753

Donate to Me
More
@serouja: The `shift input setupĀ“ is in the app's input settings.
17th June 2017, 11:00 AM |#285  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
So, wich one is the best guys?
17th October 2017, 05:10 AM |#286  
Flag Montreal

More
I'm a very happy owner of the Galaxy Tab Note 10.1 (2014), and use it extensively for storyboarding - so I _need_ that S-Pen ! I've almost lost the original one a couple of time, which led me to seek for a spare/potential replacement for quite a while.

After reading this very informative (and lengthy) thread I decided to check what Amazon had in store for me - and I took the plunge on a Note 4 replacement pen [1]. I expected to lack pressure sensitivity (something I could live with if I had to choose between this and no pen at all), and a large-ish offset (something I definetly can't work with). But for 10$CAD, I thought - hell why not.

Against all odds, this seems to be the real thing. Most likely a Chinese copy, but good enough to have pressure sensitivity, and no offset (at least no more or less than the original S-pen that came with the tablet). Tip is also similar (sort of rubbery plastic, not 100% hard plastic). Only difference drawing-wise is that pressure sensitivity is bit higher (less pressure required to get thicker line), I can live with this slight variation. I popped the button, and there's not potentiometer under it, just some surface mounted elements, nothing moveable. The lines appear under the tip (or catch up to its position after a quick line) and there is not more or less offset if I angle the pen to the screen surface.

However, since it's designed for the Note 4 and Edge, it does not fit perfectly in the S-pen slot of the tablet : the "new" S-pen is slightly shorter (~1cm shorter). It will fit in the slot, but not "snug". But I'll take that any day rather than having a tablet with no digitizer at all. Besides, I am thinking of getting a second replacement and turn it into a full-sized, weighted pen.

I also tested several S-Pens in stores where Tab A's and Notes were on demo with their pens. Most, if not all, worked fine with the SM-P600, with the same feeling, pressure sensitivity, and no offset. That would be another avenue for those looking for a replacement. I hope this helps anyone looking for a replacement for their S-Pen, I know I looked long and hard everywhere for it!

Happy sketching!

[1] : Since it's my first post, I cannot post an outside URL. Look for "Samsung Original Stylus Touch S Pen for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910 & Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915" on Amazon.
21st March 2018, 12:55 PM |#287  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Did someone tried the new SPen from the Galaxy Tab S3? Is it better, same? Does the button works?
27th June 2018, 03:34 PM |#288  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by camontellano

Did someone tried the new SPen from the Galaxy Tab S3? Is it better, same? Does the button works?

I've got the S3 pen as wanted something more pen size. It works fine with all the apps I have tried. Only issue I had was palm rejection but found once removed the original sPen it worked.

Just to note I don't run a stock ROM but am using Resurrection Remix Nougat V5.8.5
22nd May 2019, 08:53 AM |#289  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by camontellano

For me this pen is working great on my p600 with lineageos.
The S3 pen is bigger and has almost no offset.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)