[APP] Shortcutter Quick Settings - The Ultimate Shortcut Toolbox! Android 7, 8 & 9!

Search This thread

LeeDroid

Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2007
Newton Aycliffe
www.leedroid.co.uk
With Pie in mind.. I have re-themed the default sidebar style.

I have also rectified the issue with the floating calculator not disabling as expected, increased the amount of clicks before the premium reminder to 60, added HTC Glove Mode tile & done a little bug squashing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190522-161341.jpg
    Screenshot_20190522-161341.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 484
Just upgraded to a new phone. I need to apply the adb commands to get the secure settings permission. But, the instructions now lead me to a "404" web page. Can I find the info anywhere else?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Nevermind..... I found the command string I needed. The app still sends you to a non existent web page though.....

Reactions: LeeDroid

LeeDroid

Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2007
Newton Aycliffe
www.leedroid.co.uk
Just upgraded to a new phone. I need to apply the adb commands to get the secure settings permission. But, the instructions now lead me to a "404" web page. Can I find the info anywhere else?

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Nevermind..... I found the command string I needed. The app still sends you to a non existent web page though.....

Es, not sure why the # has been omitted from the string but I will get it corrected ?

Sent from my HTC U12+ using XDA Labs

Reactions: Greight

L22EEW

Mar 13, 2008
Wales
www.facebook.com
Hmm, any idea why this has happened?

Qs tiles only visible if I fully pull status bar dowm?

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190610-201317__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20190610-201317__01.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 132

bloodgull

Nov 24, 2015
How did you add a custom tile to the widget if we can't edit then?

Upon further investigation, it seems shortcutter allows for only a limited number of custom tiles that can be added to a widget, in my case I have reached it and my widget had only 9 custom tiles, while I would like to add a 10th tile shortcutter does not allow me to do it. What is the point of this limitation, annoying. All the while I could add a dozen more "system" tiles to the same widget. The imposed limit seems quite thoughtless and arbitrary.

Last edited:

LeeDroid

Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2007
Newton Aycliffe
www.leedroid.co.uk
How did you add a custom tile to the widget if we can't edit then?

Upon further investigation, it seems shortcutter allows for only a limited number of custom tiles that can be added to a widget, in my case I have reached it and my widget had only 9 custom tiles, while I would like to add a 10th tile shortcutter does not allow me to do it. What is the point of this limitation, annoying. All the while I could add a dozen more "system" tiles to the same widget. The imposed limit seems quite thoughtless and arbitrary.

Hi,

It's neither thoughtless or arbitrary, each widget addition requires a new class to be created to support that item, there are 9 custom classes at present.

In the past QS custom tiles were less, as were sidebar custom tiles & users have simply asked me to add more which I have done... It's never been requested for widgets and I only tend to use 2 from the widget... So rather than having a dig and being rude a simple ask would have been a much better approach.

To edit a custom tile in the widget (the RemoteView widget class can be a little restrictive & doesn't allow for long press actions) you need to edit the widget, remove the tile and re add it.

Sent from my HTC U12+ using XDA Labs

Last edited:
May 1, 2017
Williams, AZ
Hey brother, your app rocks big time! I purchase the premium version. I now have Full Screen Immersive by individual app on my lowly LG Stylo 3 just like what is built into my LG Pro 2 and G4! Way stinking SWEEEEEET!

Back in the old Android 4 days KK used to allow rotation of the Home Screen. Any way to enable that in your app? There's a couple apps out there that will do just that but then the Home Screen Icons don't show properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeeDroid

LeeDroid

Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2007
Newton Aycliffe
www.leedroid.co.uk
Hey brother, your app rocks big time! I purchase the premium version. I now have Full Screen Immersive by individual app on my lowly LG Stylo 3 just like what is built into my LG Pro 2 and G4! Way stinking SWEEEEEET!

Back in the old Android 4 days KK used to allow rotation of the Home Screen. Any way to enable that in your app? There's a couple apps out there that will do just that but then the Home Screen Icons don't show properly.

Hahaha... Cheers man! I'm not sure on that one, I thinks it's locked down these days :crying:

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
Using s10+... is there any way for the screenshot toggle to activate the inbuilt screenshot? The reason I am asking is because the native screenshot has the ability to edit on the notification right there but not the screenshots taken by shortcutter...

LeeDroid

Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2007
Newton Aycliffe
www.leedroid.co.uk
Using s10+... is there any way for the screenshot toggle to activate the inbuilt screenshot? The reason I am asking is because the native screenshot has the ability to edit on the notification right there but not the screenshots taken by shortcutter...

I will be adding the option to trigger screen shot using an accessibility service in the next release.

The only way to currently do it is to enable the root method which obviously requires a rooted device.

Ahmaad.

Jun 29, 2019
With Pie in mind.. I have re-themed the default sidebar style.

I have also rectified the issue with the floating calculator not disabling as expected, increased the amount of clicks before the premium reminder to 60, added HTC Glove Mode tile & done a little bug squashing.

Sent from my HUAWEI MAR-LX1M using XDA Labs

LeeDroid

Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2007
Newton Aycliffe
www.leedroid.co.uk
Would love some feedback on the app guys, I can't seem to break the 20k users barrier and attrition is still too high for my liking.

Lots of good feedback from active users and plenty of installs, but it's almost impossible to get insight into those users that are uninstalling the app.

Reactions: Half Alive

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP] Shortcutter Quick Settings - The Ultimate Shortcut Toolbox! Android 7, 8 & 9!

Shortcutter is the ultimate Android Quick settings, shortcut Provider & toolbox giving you instant access to Apps, Contacts, Web Sites, Settings, Actions, Activities, Shortcuts & Services in an instant.

It's simpler than it looks & it's free to use, with additional features for less than the cost of a cup of coffee, its also under constant development!.

Access 100's of shortcuts from your home screen launcher, the system quick settings pull-down shade, the Shortcutter always on top Side Bar/Launcher or via the Shortcutters Widget's.

Please pay attention to the guides & contact me if you need help :)

Custom Shortcutter Side Bar / Side Launcher:
    - A Floating Toolbox or Swipe out Side Bar that's always on top and accessible
    - Can be positioned at the right, left or bottom of your screen.
    - Over 100 shortcuts available, including up to 40 Custom tiles giving you direct access to Apps, Activities, System Shortcuts, Direct Call, Direct Dial & Web Links)!
    - Create your own theme, layout & design.

Privacy Policy: http://www.leedroid.co.uk/privacy-policy.docx

System Quick Settings Pull Down Tiles:
    How to add them: http://tiny.cc/vaobcz

* Over 80 Additional Quick Settings Tiles available for the standard user**
    * Additional Tiles for Advanced users.
    * Additional Root tiles also available. Quick Setting shortcut tiles for the power users out there.

Exposed Launcher Shortcuts (micro app's):
    - Shortcutter Exposed Launcher Shortcuts allow you to toggle settings & services from your app drawer, home screen, HTC Edge Sense, Tasker & more!

A number of tiles & services require elevated permissions:
    * Admin - Screen Lock.
    * Accessibility - Activity Detection, Power Menu, Recent Apps & Split Screen.

Just some of the Shortcuts/Tiles/Toggles available:
    - Auto Sync
    - App Drawer/Folder
    - Bluetooth
    - Battery Percentage
    - Brightness Preset
    - Screen Cast
    - Launch Camera
    - Clipboard Editor
    - Clicker/Counter
    - Countdown Timer
    - Dice
    - Data Usage
    - Data Speed
    - Expand Quick Settings
    - Expand Notifications
    - Flashlight
    - Floating Calculator
    - File Browser
    - Font Scale
    - Keyboard/IME Selector
    - Location Mode: Off, Device Only, Battery Saving & High Accuracy*
    - In Ear Audio
    - Notification Log
    - Multi Window
    - Mute Media
    - My Location
    - My Play Apps
    - New Tweet
    - New Email
    - Next Alarm
    - Night Light/Desk Clock
    - NFC*
    - Power Menu
    - Play/Pause Music
    - Power Saver*
    - Quick SMS
    - Quick Reminder
    - Recent Apps, Back & Home buttons.
    - RAM Usage
    - Rounded Corners
    - Ring Mode
    - Screen Wake AKA Caffeine
    - Screen Record
    -- Custom video profile - 1080p, 720p, 480p, HIGH or QVGA
    - Screenshot - High Res
    --- Custom save location for screenshots & recordings.
    --- Notifications with View, Share & Delete actions
    - Screen Timeout
    - Screen Brightness Mode
    - Speaker Audio
    - Screen Filter AKA Night Mode
    - Screen Lock - *Requires Device Admin*
    - Screen Orientation
    - Stopwatch
    - Touch Vibration
    - Volume Panel
    - Unknown Sources
    - Web Search
    - WiFi
    - WiFi Hotspot
    - Assistant
    - VPN
    - Weather
    - SystemUI Tuner
    - 20 Custom Tiles (40 in the Sidebar) - Add a shortcut to any application, activity, shortcut on your device, assign a web address/search term, direct dial, direct message or shell command (Root).

With Settings Secure Access (Enabled with a PC command):
    - ADB
    - Data Roaming
    - Ambient Display
    - Heads Up Notifications
    - Immersive Mode/Expanded Desktop
    - Keep Screen On While Charging
    - Monochrome

Additional ROOT Tiles:
    - Mobile Network Mode
    - Mobile Data
    - Advanced Power Menu
    - Assign shell commands to custom tiles.

Add an extra layer of security in your quick settings pulldown, replace your existing tiles with shortcutter tiles & enable the Lock Shortcutter Pull-Down Tiles option!

Some functionality may be impacted by manufacturer changes

OPT In For BETA Releases

Get it on Google Play

I am looking for as much feedback as possible and I am more than open to feature requests!

P.S don't forget to leave a rocking 5 star review!
    Sorry guys, I have been so busy lately..

Working 6/7 days a week, travelling with work and lots of sad family stuff going on.. plus a fair amount of volunteering responsibility.. I'm also 36 on Thursday and away with work :crying:

Just wanted you all to know I haven't given up Shortcutter!
    A little more progress!

As far as Instagram & SnapChat story's go, I haven't found a workaround as yet, it appears all apps that intercept the volume keys using accessibility have the same issue.

v7.1.3:
    * Fix SystemUI Tuner Tile.
    * Fix Settings Secure hyperlink.
    * Begin mapping long press actions to pull-down tiles.
    * Add Cast Volume to Volume Panel (when active).
    * Improve Volume Panel enter/exit transition.
    * Stop Volume Panel closing dialogs.
    * Only show shortcut status toast when state has changed.
    * Translation Updates.
    * Bug Fixes.
    You can export the apps settings in the app settings tab, then copy the file to your new device and restore it ;)

I haven't stopped offering support as such it's just very limited.

Dude to play store requiring higher target APIs for app updates I'm unable to update the app in its current form as it will break almost all functionality... I'm planning on building a new iteration of the app and allowing existing users to migrate without losing their premium keys ;)