MsmDownloadTool hunting

Search This thread

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
Lol if they give us the toughest MSMDownloadTool to track down just like that.

We really don't have any good build strings for guacamolet.

Eliminater74

Recognized Developer
All you need is the International 8gb OP7PRO .OP file, which comes in the msmdownload Tool package............
then you can either use the older already patched MSMdownload tool or patch a new one.. just need to change 2 places in a sector edit to change a JSR into a JMP....
and since jsr is 2 bytes you will need JMP and a NOP.. Then you bypass the sig check.. then flash the international edition over the T-mo edition and then you can unlock your bootloader
like any other international edition........ But you also need to get your hands on the T-mo msmdownload tool package in case you need to switch back for any reason..........

it wont be that big of a deal.. just gota wait for more peepz, I will pick mine up next month.. im kinda waiting a bit to see how things roll out.. so far so good.........

Exathi

Nov 4, 2018
Salem
All you need is the International 8gb OP7PRO .OP file, which comes in the msmdownload Tool package............
then you can either use the older already patched MSMdownload tool or patch a new one.. just need to change 2 places in a sector edit to change a JSR into a JMP....
and since jsr is 2 bytes you will need JMP and a NOP.. Then you bypass the sig check.. then flash the international edition over the T-mo edition and then you can unlock your bootloader
like any other international edition........ But you also need to get your hands on the T-mo msmdownload tool package in case you need to switch back for any reason..........

it wont be that big of a deal.. just gota wait for more peepz, I will pick mine up next month.. im kinda waiting a bit to see how things roll out.. so far so good.........
I don't think people will be switched back hehe

Exathi

Nov 4, 2018
Salem
Like I COULD pay the device off in full, but why should I have to? They're not even offering a partial payment option. I might head to the t-mobile store I signed up at an talk to the reps in person, because they know what I'm going to do and leaving the carrier isn't why I want to unlock
I also think waiting 7 days to get the code is stupid but that might be so they can get the download files on their website

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
You can offer 2 payments and they'll do the SIM unlock if you find the right rep on twitter or Facebook. If you're lucky, they won't even require a payment.

justibasa

Feb 6, 2011
Elk Ridge, UT
I also think waiting 7 days to get the code is stupid but that might be so they can get the download files on their website
It's not that bad, there's not a fully working twrp right now. No MSM tool to come back if you mess something up. I'd rather wait till everything is ready to go. I personally don't like soft bricking my phone. I want to know if I do I have a way to come back. So personally, I'm kinda glad we have the 7 day wait.

Eliminater74

Recognized Developer
To get your MSMDownload tool and .op file, just soft brick your device, install a keylogger on your PC then call ONEPLUS and have them log in remote to your PC, and when they download the rar/zip and add the password and so on, and after your device is fixed, you can check your keylogger for the password and so on............

But you all might just wanna wait.... But if your device by some chance does softbrick, you have that option above..................

criptix

Jul 16, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
To get your MSMDownload tool and .op file, just soft brick your device, install a keylogger on your PC then call ONEPLUS and have them log in remote to your PC, and when they download the rar/zip and add the password and so on, and after your device is fixed, you can check your keylogger for the password and so on............

But you all might just wanna wait.... But if your device by some chance does softbrick, you have that option above..................

You must do IT lol. One of the best tricks to get tools that some companies like to keep internal.

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8

You must do IT lol. One of the best tricks to get tools that some companies like to keep internal.

I call "Not it" on trying this method.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

You can offer 2 payments and they'll do the SIM unlock if you find the right rep on twitter or Facebook. If you're lucky, they won't even require a payment.

I've had zero luck finding a rep that's willing to anything beyond waiving the 40 day timeout.

Top Liked Posts