FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to make a nandroid backup directly to your computer without using sdcard

1,769 posts
Thanks Meter: 947

By scandiun, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 6th August 2012, 05:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th August 2017, 09:36 PM |#201  
Flag Erbil
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Guys, anyone know how to extract system.img file from the .raw backup file? i searched everywhere and there is nothing! please help!

PS : it was easy, just extracted it with 7zip, but i need to make a flashable rom now, please help!

26th August 2018, 06:59 AM |#202  
Flag Kharkov
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qudamahlinux

Guys, anyone know how to extract system.img file from the .raw backup file? i searched everywhere and there is nothing! please help!

PS : it was easy, just extracted it with 7zip, but i need to make a flashable rom now, please help!

Try MTK Droid Tools http://mtktools.com
PS Do NOT work on MTK67((
24th January 2019, 04:23 PM |#203  
Flag Satu Mare
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So, if I backup the userdata partition (without media) via tar, can i restore it just by copying the files of the tar back? Or something? I think i understand how to restore a .raw backup via fastboot (just fastboot flash it), but as i understand it, i can;t make a backup of the userdata partition without the internal storage, so tar is my only alternative, right?
28th May 2019, 07:41 PM |#204  
Flag ventura
Thanks Meter: 0

More
wow.
wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdim

Listen, I appreciate the guide, and it being basically the only one which popped up in google results, I can't gripe too much, but... you really, really need to make it more clear.

The point of a guide is to help a large group of people with varying degrees of knowledge (and if it's a guide targeted at a specific group of people, i.e tech savvy, then it needs to be indicated as such).

With that working definition in place, it follows that you should be as specific as possible; think of *everything*. By doing so, you not only avoid headaches for the people reading the guide, but for yourself as well since you don't have to reply to comments which might've otherwise been avoided.

I would post a question, but I'll probably have figured this out (with a good 1+ hours of searching no doubt) before anyone responds.

Here are some examples of what could be more specific:
"ADB installed." - what is ADB? Where's the link? It's not reasonable to assume people use these tools on a regular basis or remember them.
"You can push parted with GPT support to your device and see all information on a partition or block." - okay, so we know what it does but not how to install it or use it.
"ADB mode" - is this important? What is it? Not sure because it was glossed over.

These are just some examples. It's not the most horrendous trespass ever committed, but definitely annoying. Just spell it out from one step to the next, it works far better than topics with subheadings and unintuitive concepts being assumed as general knowledge on the behalf of noobs like me.

Edit: I'm just going to take everything off my SD card, use nandroid, and then copy the nandroid backup to computer as well. Please improve the guide, thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cygwin, nandroid, onenand, parted

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)