77 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,284

By TeamBlackOut, Member on 18th May 2013, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th May 2019, 12:39 PM |#22801  
Flag Baldwin Park
Thanks Meter: 2,782

More
@thepersona, the majority of the black/clear Google apps that are/were available are flashable zips. So that means a rooted device with TWRP at least. How were you trying to install them?

The black and clear Google items are quite old and have no idea how well they would work for you. I assume you're on Pie?

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, AOSiP 8.1 ROM, microG (NoGapps), MultiROM, XDA Legacy
The Following User Says Thank You to marcdw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcdw Ad-Free

12th May 2019, 12:46 PM |#22802  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdw

@thepersona, the majority of the black/clear Google apps that are/were available are flashable zips. So that means a rooted device with TWRP at least. How were you trying to install them?

The black and clear Google items are quite old and have no idea how well they would work for you. I assume you're on Pie?

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, AOSiP 8.1 ROM, microG (NoGapps), MultiROM, XDA Legacy

hey man thanks for your response, yes I'm running the latest version of Android, I'm running Android pie on my Samsung Galaxy s10 plus with the latest March security patch.

I was just told to just have to uninstall the original lap and then re-download blacked out APK. They said there was apps that didn't require rooting even on the website. My device is not rooted and I don't think I ever will be rooting it. is there a way to install blacked out apps without root?
12th May 2019, 12:52 PM |#22803  
Flag Upstate South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 314

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepersona

hey man thanks for your response, yes I'm running the latest version of Android, I'm running Android pie on my Samsung Galaxy s10 plus with the latest March security patch.

I was just told to just have to uninstall the original lap and then re-download blacked out APK. They said there was apps that didn't require rooting even on the website. My device is not rooted and I don't think I ever will be rooting it. is there a way to install blacked out apps without root?

Nope. Google has blocked overlays in Pie. Whoever is telling you that is clueless.

Best option is use Custom UI Installer and ThemeGalaxy, which is basically a Samsung Theme.

This is why I'm thrilled to see more modded apps from Team Blackout again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trina9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Trina9 Ad-Free
12th May 2019, 12:57 PM |#22804  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 46,224

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepersona

Welcome,

Our updated apps don't require root, telegram, Pandora, push bullet and now Google phone. You can install those.

Edit: OH BTW Push bullet in testing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
12th May 2019, 01:01 PM |#22805  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Thanks DaveyClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190512-001120_Pushbullet.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	4757564

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
12th May 2019, 10:16 PM |#22806  
Recognized Themer
Flag Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 14,213

Donate to Me
More
Some things never change 🤦🏻

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

Thanks DaveyAttachment 4757564

2nd June 2019, 12:52 PM |#22807  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Black and clear v34 public beta patched Google dialer in the telegram channel for testing.

Enjoy!

DJ
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
16th June 2019, 12:39 AM |#22808  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 15,679

More
@davidwilson83 (I figured it was you - finally) lol @djdarkknight96 - Thanks for the update to Telegram 🤙🐧

Sent from my SM-G975W using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaggyskunk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaggyskunk Ad-Free
16th June 2019, 12:49 AM |#22809  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 13,071

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyskunk

@davidwilson83 (I figured it was you - finally) lol @djdarkknight96 - Thanks for the update to Telegram 🤙

Lol most welcome mate

My apologies for the long time between updates, but when they released 5.6 it really [email protected]#$ed me up big time. They completely changed everything within the internals of the code and it made my brain hurt beyond comprehension. It's so bad that they actually make Go_Ogle look like they know how to properly code, which is a scary thought! In saying that, I needed a lot of help to make this possible which I received from my dear friend @dwitherell time and time again. Without his help, I wouldn't have been able to do this. But I'm very happy with the end result, and having both Clear and Black in the one app is awesome too. Enjoy mate and take care,

Dave
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to davidwilson83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davidwilson83 Ad-Free
16th June 2019, 12:58 AM |#22810  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 15,679

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwilson83

Lol most welcome mate

My apologies for the long time between updates, but when they released 5.6 it really [email protected]#$ed me up big time. They completely changed everything within the internals of the code and it made my brain hurt beyond comprehension. It's so bad that they actually make Go_Ogle look like they know how to properly code, which is a scary thought! In saying that, I needed a lot of help to make this possible which I received from my dear friend @dwitherell time and time again. Without his help, I wouldn't have been able to do this. But I'm very happy with the end result, and having both Clear and Black in the one app is awesome too. Enjoy mate and take care,

Dave

Aussies RULE 🇦🇺

The Following User Says Thank You to shaggyskunk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaggyskunk Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)