Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Is there something like this for the LG V20?
It is for Samsung devices only that I know of, there may be some kind of other device that works on LG devices, but it only works on devices that actually have a download mode that can be booted into normally without the jig, the jig only works on a device that is soft-bricked and can't boot into download mode via button combination like it normally would.

If the LG V20 is one of the LG devices that did not come with download mode/fastboot mode by default, this kind of trick will not work on it.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sam Nakamura

Cookster128

Mar 5, 2019
Charlotte
It is for Samsung devices only that I know of, there may be some kind of other device that works on LG devices, but it only works on devices that actually have a download mode that can be booted into normally without the jig, the jig only works on a device that is soft-bricked and can't boot into download mode via button combination like it normally would.

If the LG V20 is one of the LG devices that did not come with download mode/fastboot mode by default, this kind of trick will not work on it.

Thanks for the reply.

It has download mode and bootloader, which is unlocked. I've never used DL mode so I'm not actually sure what I need it for; still researching that. My problem is that I can't flash anything, no TWRP, no ROMs, nothing. And the phone says it has different software that isn't verifiable so it will not let me do anything to get rid of it.

Anywho, I know this isn't the place for this discussion but I was curious about the jig. I'll go back to waiting on somebody to respond on the V20 board.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Thanks for the reply.

It has download mode and bootloader, which is unlocked. I've never used DL mode so I'm not actually sure what I need it for; still researching that. My problem is that I can't flash anything, no TWRP, no ROMs, nothing. And the phone says it has different software that isn't verifiable so it will not let me do anything to get rid of it.

Anywho, I know this isn't the place for this discussion but I was curious about the jig. I'll go back to waiting on somebody to respond on the V20 board.

If you have download mode, you can use download mode with LGUP to flash the device.

Reactions: Sam Nakamura

juanmas07

Jun 4, 2019
best option to customize device in "kiosk mode"

Hello community!

My situation is as follow: I'm going to deliver phones to small business with an application pre-installed. I want the device to have only that application and no other (no play store, chrome or anything) so the phone is not used for other reason. Another nice-to-have would be that the app auto starts with the phone (in a kiosk mode).

This is very important aspect since we have tested that if the phone has other apps it is used as a personal phone and was a big loose for me. I'm thinking on a cheap phone (ie Samsung Grand Prime or something like that).

What is the best option I have to do this?
Is it feasible that I create my own Android version?

Note: I'm a developer (mobile, java) but with no experience in modifying phones.

Thank you very much!!

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Hello community!

My situation is as follow: I'm going to deliver phones to small business with an application pre-installed. I want the device to have only that application and no other (no play store, chrome or anything) so the phone is not used for other reason. Another nice-to-have would be that the app auto starts with the phone (in a kiosk mode).

This is very important aspect since we have tested that if the phone has other apps it is used as a personal phone and was a big loose for me. I'm thinking on a cheap phone (ie Samsung Grand Prime or something like that).

What is the best option I have to do this?
Is it feasible that I create my own Android version?

Note: I'm a developer (mobile, java) but with no experience in modifying phones.

Thank you very much!!
Yes, I would suggest that it be a device that has an unlocked bootloader or one with a bootloader that can be unlocked, then you can build a custom ROM containing only what you want it to have installed(including the system partition). This way you have control over what is in system and you can try building the ROM in such a way that it will not allow the user to install any other apps. It shouldn't be that difficult to limit the users ability to install any other apps, such as removing the stock android package installer or setting the device up in such a way that they can't install anything without an administrator account on the device, then setting it so that you are the only one with admin account and any other users would only have user accounts.

To be honest, it seems like too much trouble to go through.

samaliset

Jun 29, 2007
Paris
Hello,
I have multi-google accounts on my Huawei mate 8 and consequently have multi-calendar. In Google calendar application settings I find all my calendars plus one called (phone). This calendar displays a given country events that I would like to deactivate. But no way I could find the solution.
May I ask you a help as how to fix this issue, with thanks

Raresh T

Jul 14, 2014
can i buy themes from Galaxy Store if i rooted my phone and flashed a custom rom made for the exact phone ?

Hi, Is there any website that specifies in Qfil flash packages? Specifically for oppo. Tia
I don't believe that the QFIL (Qualcomm Flash Image Loader) is a device specific tool but, rather a tool that's specific to the Qualcomm Chipset (meaning that it's used only for devices with a Qualcomm Chipset).

You can locate some threads with various descriptions within it or you can Google the question regarding a description as well.

The following links are just an example of a few websites that has a decent description of the QFIL.

https://androidmtk.com/download-qualcomm-flash-image-loader-qfil

https://neesrom.com/qualcomm-flash-tool-qfil/

I'm not exactly sure of any actual "Official QFIL," websites but, if there is, maybe someone can provide some clarification as to this.

I hope I had explained this okay via text... :thumbup:
_____
can i buy themes from Galaxy Store if i rooted my phone and flashed a custom rom made for the exact phone ?
I don't believe that there's a "Galaxy Store" (maybe NASA has one on Mars... LOL!).

I believe that you may be referring to the "Samsung Store App"?

If so, I believe that you should be able to use the Samsung Store App on a Rooted device with a Custom Firmware installed.

I could be wrong with this but, I don't believe that that specific app detects for Root or Custom Firmware, that I'm aware of.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.

Last edited:

fil3s

I don't believe that the QFIL (Qualcomm Flash Image Loader) is a device specific tool but, rather a tool that's specific to the Qualcomm Chipset (meaning that it's used only for devices with a Qualcomm Chipset).

You can locate some threads with various descriptions within it or you can Google the question regarding a description as well.

The following links are just an example of a few websites that has a decent description of the QFIL.

https://androidmtk.com/download-qualcomm-flash-image-loader-qfil

https://neesrom.com/qualcomm-flash-tool-qfil/

I'm not exactly sure of any actual "Official QFIL," websites but, if there is, maybe someone can provide some clarification as to this.

I hope I had explained this okay via text... :thumbup:
_____
I don't believe that there's a "Galaxy Store" (maybe NASA has one on Mars... LOL!).

I believe that you may be referring to the "Samsung Store App"?

If so, I believe that you should be able to use the Samsung Store App on a Rooted device with a Custom Firmware installed.

I could be wrong with this but, I don't believe that that specific app detects for Root or Custom Firmware, that I'm aware of.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.

Thanks but I was hoping for stock flash packages that are 1. Extractable so I can get at the required mbn and XML files needed for Qfil 2. My phone is an oppo cph1719 . I have googled to no end for a Qfil flashfile package to no avail , I did find exactly what I wanted for the oppo a3s , containing in .zip format, the required rawprogrammer & XML files

Tia.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Thanks but I was hoping for stock flash packages that are 1. Extractable so I can get at the required mbn and XML files needed for Qfil 2. My phone is an oppo cph1719 . I have googled to no end for a Qfil flashfile package to no avail , I did find exactly what I wanted for the oppo a3s , containing in .zip format, the required rawprogrammer & XML files

Tia.
There aren't any firmware that are specifically made to be used with Qfil, there is only your devices stock firmware that is made for that device brand's specific flashtool(Smart Switch, Odin, LGUP, etc..), the firmware that would normally be used with that device's specific flashtool can be used via Qfil if it is a Qcom device but it may involve extracting and modifying the firmware or parts of the firmware.

Reactions: Ibuprophen

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
_____

Definitely this made my day, I wondered how they work in the outerworld but I have to say you my friend that they changed the name to Galaxy Store while I updated from Oreo to Pie (I think it was not due to the update) on my gone Galaxy Note 8 some months ago maybe 2 or 3.

Definitely this made my day, I wondered how they work in the outerworld but I have to say you my friend that they changed the name to Galaxy Store while I updated from Oreo to Pie (I think it was not due to the update) on my gone Galaxy Note 8 some months ago maybe 2 or 3.
I wasn't sure myself about this. :confused:

And now I know...

And Knowing is Half the Battle!
~G.I. Joe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reactions: SubwayChamp

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
I wasn't sure myself about this. :confused:

And now I know...

And Knowing is Half the Battle!
~G.I. Joe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Those good old outro segments from Sergeant Slaughter, lol.

fil3s

Hi (again!:D)

This is driving me insane , there has to be an answer.

How on earth do you apply custom themes on the new oppo theme manager ? ? ? I think oppo has actually disabled the use of 3rd party themes! It is causing me anxiety. Please do not direct me to the oppo thread as I have already asked, and no one answered. :eek:

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Can someone explain the purpose and function of the file "blacklist" in "system\addon.d" ?
It is a list of things that you want blacklisted, it could be apps, websites, phone numbers, etc...

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

Hi (again!:D)

This is driving me insane , there has to be an answer.

How on earth do you apply custom themes on the new oppo theme manager ? ? ? I think oppo has actually disabled the use of 3rd party themes! It is causing me anxiety. Please do not direct me to the oppo thread as I have already asked, and no one answered. :eek:
It's an OPPO specific question, OPPO users could answer your question better.

But maybe this helps

https://m.facebook.com/otmpofficial/posts/170485790324017

Reactions: fil3s

S10Ben

Jun 7, 2019
Hey all, first post here. I'm trying to install the gcam on my s10+, and I've tried the steps but something isn't right. Total noob here, made the switch from iPhone to Samsung this year and I'm not regretting it.

I've installed the gcam and the 4 config files where you have to tap twice near the shutter button, I do that and it tells me I don't have the config files when I've downloaded them and can view them. I would send screenshots but it says I don't have permossion.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Hey all, first post here. I'm trying to install the gcam on my s10+, and I've tried the steps but something isn't right. Total noob here, made the switch from iPhone to Samsung this year and I'm not regretting it.

I've installed the gcam and the 4 config files where you have to tap twice near the shutter button, I do that and it tells me I don't have the config files when I've downloaded them and can view them. I would send screenshots but it says I don't have permossion.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Did you install the version that was ported for Exynos or the version for Snapdragon?

Your device has an Exynos processor so the version ported for Snapdragon won't work on your device, if that is what you installed.

Read the thread linked below for installing the Exynos port, if you have any questions about the process or need help troubleshooting issues, ask your questions there, I'm pretty sure the members there can help.

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s10/themes/gcam-samsungs-10-exynos-t3918325

Top Liked Posts