FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,597 Vote(s)
63.96%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.62%
I don't know.

485 Vote(s)
19.42%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
2nd June 2019, 02:27 AM |#43541  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

It is for Samsung devices only that I know of, there may be some kind of other device that works on LG devices, but it only works on devices that actually have a download mode that can be booted into normally without the jig, the jig only works on a device that is soft-bricked and can't boot into download mode via button combination like it normally would.

If the LG V20 is one of the LG devices that did not come with download mode/fastboot mode by default, this kind of trick will not work on it.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.

It has download mode and bootloader, which is unlocked. I've never used DL mode so I'm not actually sure what I need it for; still researching that. My problem is that I can't flash anything, no TWRP, no ROMs, nothing. And the phone says it has different software that isn't verifiable so it will not let me do anything to get rid of it.

Anywho, I know this isn't the place for this discussion but I was curious about the jig. I'll go back to waiting on somebody to respond on the V20 board.

2nd June 2019, 03:57 PM |#43542  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookster128

Thanks for the reply.

It has download mode and bootloader, which is unlocked. I've never used DL mode so I'm not actually sure what I need it for; still researching that. My problem is that I can't flash anything, no TWRP, no ROMs, nothing. And the phone says it has different software that isn't verifiable so it will not let me do anything to get rid of it.

Anywho, I know this isn't the place for this discussion but I was curious about the jig. I'll go back to waiting on somebody to respond on the V20 board.

If you have download mode, you can use download mode with LGUP to flash the device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
4th June 2019, 03:05 PM |#43543  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
best option to customize device in "kiosk mode"
Hello community!

My situation is as follow: I'm going to deliver phones to small business with an application pre-installed. I want the device to have only that application and no other (no play store, chrome or anything) so the phone is not used for other reason. Another nice-to-have would be that the app auto starts with the phone (in a kiosk mode).

This is very important aspect since we have tested that if the phone has other apps it is used as a personal phone and was a big loose for me. I'm thinking on a cheap phone (ie Samsung Grand Prime or something like that).

What is the best option I have to do this?
Is it feasible that I create my own Android version?

Note: I'm a developer (mobile, java) but with no experience in modifying phones.

Thank you very much!!
4th June 2019, 10:52 PM |#43544  
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmas07

Hello community!

My situation is as follow: I'm going to deliver phones to small business with an application pre-installed. I want the device to have only that application and no other (no play store, chrome or anything) so the phone is not used for other reason. Another nice-to-have would be that the app auto starts with the phone (in a kiosk mode).

This is very important aspect since we have tested that if the phone has other apps it is used as a personal phone and was a big loose for me. I'm thinking on a cheap phone (ie Samsung Grand Prime or something like that).

What is the best option I have to do this?
Is it feasible that I create my own Android version?

Note: I'm a developer (mobile, java) but with no experience in modifying phones.

Thank you very much!!

Yes, I would suggest that it be a device that has an unlocked bootloader or one with a bootloader that can be unlocked, then you can build a custom ROM containing only what you want it to have installed(including the system partition). This way you have control over what is in system and you can try building the ROM in such a way that it will not allow the user to install any other apps. It shouldn't be that difficult to limit the users ability to install any other apps, such as removing the stock android package installer or setting the device up in such a way that they can't install anything without an administrator account on the device, then setting it so that you are the only one with admin account and any other users would only have user accounts.

To be honest, it seems like too much trouble to go through.

5th June 2019, 07:49 PM |#43545  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Hello,
I have multi-google accounts on my Huawei mate 8 and consequently have multi-calendar. In Google calendar application settings I find all my calendars plus one called (phone). This calendar displays a given country events that I would like to deactivate. But no way I could find the solution.
May I ask you a help as how to fix this issue, with thanks
5th June 2019, 08:42 PM |#43546  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
can i buy themes from Galaxy Store if i rooted my phone and flashed a custom rom made for the exact phone ?
5th June 2019, 11:38 PM |#43547  
Flag bendigo
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Hi

Is there any website that specifies in Qfil flash packages? Specifically for oppo

Tia
6th June 2019, 12:53 AM |#43548  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,152

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_l367

Hi, Is there any website that specifies in Qfil flash packages? Specifically for oppo. Tia

I don't believe that the QFIL (Qualcomm Flash Image Loader) is a device specific tool but, rather a tool that's specific to the Qualcomm Chipset (meaning that it's used only for devices with a Qualcomm Chipset).

You can locate some threads with various descriptions within it or you can Google the question regarding a description as well.

The following links are just an example of a few websites that has a decent description of the QFIL.

https://androidmtk.com/download-qual...ge-loader-qfil

https://neesrom.com/qualcomm-flash-tool-qfil/

I'm not exactly sure of any actual "Official QFIL," websites but, if there is, maybe someone can provide some clarification as to this.

I hope I had explained this okay via text... :thumbup:
_____
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

can i buy themes from Galaxy Store if i rooted my phone and flashed a custom rom made for the exact phone ?

I don't believe that there's a "Galaxy Store" (maybe NASA has one on Mars... LOL!).

I believe that you may be referring to the "Samsung Store App"?

If so, I believe that you should be able to use the Samsung Store App on a Rooted device with a Custom Firmware installed.

I could be wrong with this but, I don't believe that that specific app detects for Root or Custom Firmware, that I'm aware of.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
6th June 2019, 01:08 AM |#43549  
Flag bendigo
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I don't believe that the QFIL (Qualcomm Flash Image Loader) is a device specific tool but, rather a tool that's specific to the Qualcomm Chipset (meaning that it's used only for devices with a Qualcomm Chipset).

You can locate some threads with various descriptions within it or you can Google the question regarding a description as well.

The following links are just an example of a few websites that has a decent description of the QFIL.

https://androidmtk.com/download-qual...ge-loader-qfil

https://neesrom.com/qualcomm-flash-tool-qfil/

I'm not exactly sure of any actual "Official QFIL," websites but, if there is, maybe someone can provide some clarification as to this.

I hope I had explained this okay via text... :thumbup:
_____
I don't believe that there's a "Galaxy Store" (maybe NASA has one on Mars... LOL!).

I believe that you may be referring to the "Samsung Store App"?

If so, I believe that you should be able to use the Samsung Store App on a Rooted device with a Custom Firmware installed.

I could be wrong with this but, I don't believe that that specific app detects for Root or Custom Firmware, that I'm aware of.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.

Thanks but I was hoping for stock flash packages that are 1. Extractable so I can get at the required mbn and XML files needed for Qfil 2. My phone is an oppo cph1719 . I have googled to no end for a Qfil flashfile package to no avail , I did find exactly what I wanted for the oppo a3s , containing in .zip format, the required rawprogrammer & XML files

Tia.
6th June 2019, 02:19 AM |#43550  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_l367

Thanks but I was hoping for stock flash packages that are 1. Extractable so I can get at the required mbn and XML files needed for Qfil 2. My phone is an oppo cph1719 . I have googled to no end for a Qfil flashfile package to no avail , I did find exactly what I wanted for the oppo a3s , containing in .zip format, the required rawprogrammer & XML files

Tia.

There aren't any firmware that are specifically made to be used with Qfil, there is only your devices stock firmware that is made for that device brand's specific flashtool(Smart Switch, Odin, LGUP, etc..), the firmware that would normally be used with that device's specific flashtool can be used via Qfil if it is a Qcom device but it may involve extracting and modifying the firmware or parts of the firmware.

The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
6th June 2019, 04:17 AM |#43551  
Thanks Meter: 589

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

_____

Definitely this made my day, I wondered how they work in the outerworld but I have to say you my friend that they changed the name to Galaxy Store while I updated from Oreo to Pie (I think it was not due to the update) on my gone Galaxy Note 8 some months ago maybe 2 or 3.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)