FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Install CM7 or CM10 + Recovery to EMMC - ALL NOOK COLORS! (Updated:11/19/12)

1,262 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,365

By eyeballer, Retired Recognized Developer on 11th April 2011, 12:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th July 2015, 08:50 PM |#871  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

What version of CM are you trying to install? And the first time it boots it takes a long time with that spinning wheel to finish. Did you let it go for a while?

Sent from my SM-T707V using XDA Premium HD app

I'm installing cm-10.1..3-RC2-encore. I initially only found cm-11-20150705-NIGHTLY-encore, but that failed to unzip onto the Nook. Searching around I found a the CM10 I'm using. A big problem I'm facing is encountering dead links on any pages with instructions.

I let it go for about an hour, and figured it was caught in some kind of loop. When you say it takes a long time, are you saying hours? If so, can I just turn it on again and let it run, or do i need to reinstall again?

Thanks.
13th July 2015, 10:50 PM |#872  
Thanks Meter: 3,881

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joabne

I'm installing cm-10.1..3-RC2-encore. I initially only found cm-11-20150705-NIGHTLY-encore, but that failed to unzip onto the Nook. Searching around I found a the CM10 I'm using. A big problem I'm facing is encountering dead links on any pages with instructions.

I let it go for about an hour, and figured it was caught in some kind of loop. When you say it takes a long time, are you saying hours? If so, can I just turn it on again and let it run, or do i need to reinstall again?

Thanks.

There is a better rom, CM10.1.3 stable. Click on the stable button on the cm site.

And no, not hours, 10 or 20 minutes. Start over.

The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leapinlar Ad-Free
14th July 2015, 12:19 AM |#873  

More
Hmm. I have rooted this Nook before and had CM10 working on it -- loved it -- but then it mysteriously reverted to its factory condition and OS, one day. I'm trying to get it back to CM10 but after following the guide using both images (from the first step) my Nook just boots normally and nothing appears to have happened besides the Nook writing a few new folders onto the SD card. What did I do wrong?
14th July 2015, 01:38 AM |#874  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goathouse774

Hmm. I have rooted this Nook before and had CM10 working on it -- loved it -- but then it mysteriously reverted to its factory condition and OS, one day. I'm trying to get it back to CM10 but after following the guide using both images (from the first step) my Nook just boots normally and nothing appears to have happened besides the Nook writing a few new folders onto the SD card. What did I do wrong?

It reset itself to stock because your cm failed to boot 8 times in a row. It has a failsafe mechanism to do that.

The nook is finicky about having the sdcard prepared just right or it won't boot. Go to my nook color tips thread linked in my signature and read about it. I think it is item A9.

The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leapinlar Ad-Free
14th July 2015, 02:09 AM |#875  

More
Ok, I'll definitely do that, but do you have any idea why the OP method isn't taking for me, now?
15th July 2015, 05:29 PM |#876  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goathouse774

Ok, I'll definitely do that, but do you have any idea why the OP method isn't taking for me, now?

Obviously is because the sd is not made perfectly to its liking. That is why I steered you to my tips thread to read about that.

7th May 2016, 09:16 AM |#877  
Thanks Meter: 124

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

There is a better rom, CM10.1.3 stable. Click on the stable button on the cm site.

And no, not hours, 10 or 20 minutes. Start over.

Wonder if that would do the trick on a friend's Nook Color. We tried CM11 on it, but it was too slow to be deemed stable, and one of the CM10 zips ended up throwing force close errors on first boot.
9th June 2019, 08:34 AM |#878  

More
Guide doesn't work on 1.4.4 Nook Color. Won't boot into recovery or whatever.
10th June 2019, 07:32 AM |#879  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballer

1. Download 1gb TWRP image from here OR 1gb CWM 3.2.0.1 sdcard image from here. MD5 of .zip: 1319739d33642ed860e8044c3d55aa56. (I made this based on work in this thread. credit: to cmstlist and DizzyDen, and kevank for hosting). You really only need the 1gb image for this guide, no matter what the size of your card is. A smaller image will burn faster, and when you're done with the guide you can reformat the card anyway.

I can't get either of these to get the Nook Color to boot into recovery on 1.4.3.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)