FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,599 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,917

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th June 2019, 09:58 PM |#2401  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,883

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

It works in recovery with toybox grep and busybox grep. Magisk installs should always have Magisk's busybox at the front of path, so I'm honestly not sure how you having GNU grep installed in some way would have any effect.

My bad. It's not grep. (In any case you're forcing BusyBox grep). For whatever reason it's coreutils test command, which also doesn't really make sense because test is a shell builtin, so it shouldn't even be looking at the version in bin. But that's definitely it, and this time I'm sure.

I'd expect TWRP to always work since it doesn't have access to any Magisk Module overrides.

Thing I'll modify my scripts to get rid of any shell built-ins and reserved words.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free

6th June 2019, 12:18 AM |#2402  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

My bad. It's not grep. (In any case you're forcing BusyBox grep). For whatever reason it's coreutils test command, which also doesn't really make sense because test is a shell builtin, so it shouldn't even be looking at the version in bin. But that's definitely it, and this time I'm sure.

I'd expect TWRP to always work since it doesn't have access to any Magisk Module overrides.

Thing I'll modify my scripts to get rid of any shell built-ins and reserved words.

That's disturbing that the coreutils test could be so far off of what we're used to on Android with mksh, toybox and busybox that it breaks things.. But yeah, good looking out!
6th June 2019, 01:26 AM |#2403  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

That's disturbing that the coreutils test could be so far off of what we're used to on Android with mksh, toybox and busybox that it breaks things.. But yeah, good looking out!

It's also disturbing that the shell builtin was bypassed. Anyway the only built-ins/reserved words are test, [, and [[ so I just deleted them from both coreutils and busybox. If I ever really want them I can still explicitly call them.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
6th June 2019, 02:17 AM |#2404  
Thanks Meter: 5,478

More
Quote:

It's also disturbing that the shell builtin was bypassed. Anyway the only built-ins/reserved words are test, [, and [[ so I just deleted them from both coreutils and busybox. If I ever really want them I can still explicitly call them.

Interesting. So I have symlinks made for each coreutils applet if a binary with the same name doesn't already exist (so it'll overwrite symlinks - backup existing too). Since test is a builtin, coreutils symlink was made. What's the problem with the test applet?
6th June 2019, 03:23 AM |#2405  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

Interesting. So I have symlinks made for each coreutils applet if a binary with the same name doesn't already exist (so it'll overwrite symlinks - backup existing too). Since test is a builtin, coreutils symlink was made. What's the problem with the test applet?

Read the top of page 240. Removing the test applet prevents that from happening. I have no clue why the test applet is even involved.
6th June 2019, 06:05 AM |#2406  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Read the top of page 240. Removing the test applet prevents that from happening. I have no clue why the test applet is even involved.

It's probably the test applet as [ and it reads like some kind of buffer issue.
11th June 2019, 12:30 AM |#2407  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Hi, thanks for all the hard work. Just curious how you actually build the adb and fastboot static binaries. I figured you could get aosp and run "lunch" but how did you make it static?
11th June 2019, 01:23 AM |#2408  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffa~

Hi, thanks for all the hard work. Just curious how you actually build the adb and fastboot static binaries. I figured you could get aosp and run "lunch" but how did you make it static?

Dope Android hacker @Surge1223 is the secret chef on that one.

He built the insecure adb for Substratum too, maybe you could look into their build scripts and figure it out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2019, 02:34 PM |#2409  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
anybody know where i can get static built simg2img binary for arm?
17th June 2019, 03:11 AM |#2410  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Hi @osm0sis
Does your latest busybox still support systemless SuperSU ?
I get an error: 1 when flash it.

SuperSU 2.82 SR5
17th June 2019, 04:13 AM |#2411  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zputnyq

Hi @osm0sis
Does your latest busybox still support systemless SuperSU ?
I get an error: 1 when flash it.

SuperSU 2.82 SR5

Log? Works fine on my SuperSU device.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)