FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+][v2.8.3.1] BubbleUPnP - UPnP/DLNA/Chromecast Control Point and Renderer

6,231 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,364

By bubbleguuum, Senior Member on 10th June 2011, 09:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2019, 10:14 AM |#14891  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dez93_2000

Cheers fella, got it working now. Weird one though - if I set it as mobile connection only, and turn off wifi, it works. Yay! But if I set it to mobile/wifi/ethernet and connect to my work wifi - no dice. Could this potentially be due to limitations of my work wifi? It's a guest wifi so maybe there are restrictions? I guess I'll try tonight from a standard home wifi (not my own network) and see. Thanks again, as always!

@dez93_2000

It's possible that your work WiFi is denying connections on non-standard ports (58050, 58051). If you are not using regular http port 80 and https port 443 for something else on the machine running BubbleUPnP Server, you could try configuring BubbleUPnP Server to use these ports. For this, edit configuration.xml, fields httpPort and httpsPort and set them to 80 and 443 respectively.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbleguuum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubbleguuum Ad-Free

12th June 2019, 05:31 PM |#14892  
Flag San Carlos
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

@dez93_2000

It's possible that your work WiFi is denying connections on non-standard ports (58050, 58051). If you are not using regular http port 80 and https port 443 for something else on the machine running BubbleUPnP Server, you could try configuring BubbleUPnP Server to use these ports. For this, edit configuration.xml, fields httpPort and httpsPort and set them to 80 and 443 respectively.

It does indeed seem like my work guest wifi has various restrictions that are preventing this - I tried on a normal wifi network and it worked fine. Good to know about the tweak options, thanks bud!
13th June 2019, 08:39 AM |#14893  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
How can I choose only some folders for remote access? I don't want to use playlists. I want to just share selected folders. And the other folders should be hidden from remote
13th June 2019, 10:21 AM |#14894  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoez

How can I choose only some folders for remote access? I don't want to use playlists. I want to just share selected folders. And the other folders should be hidden from remote

You cannot configure what to share with such detail. You can toggle sharing only for top level folders and this is configured in More > gear icon > Local and Cloud > Configure media allowed for remote browsing. You can as well exclude filesystem folders by path in More > gear icon > Local and Cloud > Excluded remote folders.
13th June 2019, 11:01 AM |#14895  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gervasoni

@bubbleguuum

I think it would help but in many cases the parent folder's path is the same (for example path of transmission torrent downloads in each drive it starts from Android/. data/org..etcetc... or camera foto in Android/DCIM) so I think that maybe it would result in a long bookmark display name.
That also explains why I suggested to implement more custom mount points. in there you already have the option to edit display name, it's just a matter of how many you can set up.

@gervasoni

Ok, I've implemented renaming bookmarks for next update.
17th June 2019, 09:44 AM |#14896  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bubble version 3.2.5
It's not a big problem, but since the latest update I've noticed when turning my Android 8.1 Mobile screen on, the screen flashes (might be showing a previous album cover?) for a split second, then shows the current album cover as it usually did.
It never did that before.
Thanks for a great app.
17th June 2019, 09:57 AM |#14897  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftwerkElectro

Bubble version 3.2.5
It's not a big problem, but since the latest update I've noticed when turning my Android 8.1 Mobile screen on, the screen flashes (might be showing a previous album cover?) for a split second, then shows the current album cover as it usually did.
It never did that before.
Thanks for a great app.

@KraftwerkElectro

That's caused by the fixes when getting out of deep sleep. These take in effect when the screen goes on, whether the device was in deep sleep or not and only happens if 'Battery saving mode' is enabled in the app. Is your renderer OpenHome or UPnP AV ? This "flash" should normally only happen for OH renderers.
17th June 2019, 10:01 AM |#14898  

More
I use a Lumin T2: Openhome as far as I know.
17th June 2019, 10:29 AM |#14899  

More
Will not resume if screen off
Hi,

I have noticed some strange behavior which I thought may get sorted as a result of the sleep fixes but alas, not.

I use tasker to start Bubble if the media button is pressed on my headphones or BT speakers/car audio etc.
If this happens when screen is on/unlocked, all is well and Bubble starts and resumes playback from where I was previously.
However, if screen is off/locked, the playback starts from the beginning of the track. This would probably be fine normally, but I listen to a lot of 1 hour long Podcasts and the car will not let me seek over AVRCP.

Is this known/intended or configurable?

I would really like to be able to send intents to Bubble to Resume, Play from Start, Play specific saved playlist etc. Is this possible as it may allow me to workaround the issue?

Thanks in advance.
17th June 2019, 08:26 PM |#14900  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dava

Hi,

I have noticed some strange behavior which I thought may get sorted as a result of the sleep fixes but alas, not.

I use tasker to start Bubble if the media button is pressed on my headphones or BT speakers/car audio etc.
If this happens when screen is on/unlocked, all is well and Bubble starts and resumes playback from where I was previously.
However, if screen is off/locked, the playback starts from the beginning of the track. This would probably be fine normally, but I listen to a lot of 1 hour long Podcasts and the car will not let me seek over AVRCP.

@Dava

what value do you have for 'More > gear icon > Control > resume playback' ? I assume you have it
set to 'Always (no prompt)' or 'Ask (prompt)'. More likely the former.
I suppose you are sending a regular media Play Intent to the app ?
Looking at my code (written long ago), I've found that if the app is not in the foreground at the time of receiving this Intent, it
ignore entirely resume position and just plays from the beginning, which corresponds to your description.
I will definitely fix it to lift this restriction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dava

I would really like to be able to send intents to Bubble to Resume, Play from Start, Play specific saved playlist etc. Is this possible as it may allow me to workaround the issue?

You can already send standard media Intent with android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON with associated KeyEvent.KEYCODE_MEDIA_* keycodes,
for pause, play, stop, next, previous, play_pause. Nothing for playlists though and no plan for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbleguuum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubbleguuum Ad-Free
17th June 2019, 08:28 PM |#14901  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftwerkElectro

I use a Lumin T2: Openhome as far as I know.

@KraftwerkElectro

OK, so expected as the notification is updated with the current track when screen goes on. Previously it was always updated even
with screen off. Could you record a video of the notification switching when the screen goes off=>on, so I can check how much it is annoying ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)