FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.
 
1,596 Vote(s)
63.97%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.
 
415 Vote(s)
16.63%
I don't know.
 
484 Vote(s)
19.40%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930
 
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2019, 03:30 AM |#43591  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

How many other social media apps so you have installed? The more social media apps you have installed, the more lag a device will have.

Just 3... Telegram.WhatsApp.Instagram
 
 
13th June 2019, 03:48 AM |#43592  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

1)https://support.google.com/photos/thread/90861?hl=en

2)) this could be hard to answer without knowing some details about your device and the settings/features that it has, what device do you have and what android version do you have?

3)https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/10...-652239d64203/

4) upload the screenshot to an image hosting site such as imgur then post a link to it here.



I am using galaxy s10 and latest version of android for it.

My 3rd question is to categorise the photos in gallery by face. I think i didnt make it clear earlier. iOS categorise my photos with face detection of people like an album for dad separately.

Thanks for your reply
13th June 2019, 02:55 PM |#43593  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
What Android Browsers can store the internet history for 12 months?
Hi, had a quick search and couldn't find anything:

Can you tell me which Android Browsers can store the history for 12 months please?


Thanks

Nate
13th June 2019, 08:34 PM |#43594  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Gapps Error 70
Hi, I have a OnePkus 6 (6gb) and I'm trying to install GAPPS. I'm using TWRP and have Carbon ROM installed. But when I try to install GAPPS it says that I don't have enough storage. But when I look at how much storage I have left, it says I have 50144 MBs left. And when I plug it into my computer it says I have 48.4 GBs free. I've tried to wipe my phone and use the pico version. When I look in the open_gapps_log, it says
| Current Free Space | 0 | 0
And the additional Space Required is 136980 kb.

Thank you for reading
13th June 2019, 10:01 PM |#43595  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Huawei G620S updating
Good afternoon everyone, i have a Huawei G620S and i have never update his system or anything, and whenever i go to search updates on the integrated app it said that there is no update avaliable
is android 4.4.4 and


What should i do in order to be able to update it?
14th June 2019, 04:03 AM |#43596  
Senior Member
Flag bendigo
Thanks Meter: 89
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

I´m not familiar with OPPO devices but as a general reference maybe you first have to be sure:
- That you enabled in the file explorer the option to read hidden files.
- That the theme has the same extension that the OPPO themes, by i.e in Miui is .mtz, in Huawei is .hwt.
- Some theme managers have the option to import a theme like on Miui (look up for this option) but in others you have to put the theme downloaded inside the proper directory just to mention on Samsung devices in jsonfiles folder.
I don´t think that simply putting it in Download folder they´ll appear in theme manager.

Nope. Doesn't work. It's apparent Oppo have disabled 3rd party theming cuz their useless phone manufacturer, taking away fastboot , providing not one android update on the R11s that's still on nougat.

Btw thanks for answering , I get no answers anywhere else on xda than this thread!!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/fin...store-t3934475
14th June 2019, 06:15 AM |#43597  
SubwayChamp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 572
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_l367

Nope. Doesn't work. It's apparent Oppo have disabled 3rd party theming cuz their useless phone manufacturer, taking away fastboot , providing not one android update on the R11s that's still on nougat.

Btw thanks for answering , I get no answers anywhere else on xda than this thread!!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/fin...store-t3934475

When you first said that you downloaded a theme I thought (I now know that wrongly) you referred to official themes then I tried to address some solution regarding that but if we were talking about third party themes I have to say you that this is blocked on any unmodified stock rom e.g. Samsung, Xiaomi, Meizu and more where the third party themes are prohibited. But some of them allow to download them e.g. from a browser and if they´re official can be applied.

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquintyEyedSquad

Hi, I have a OnePkus 6 (6gb) and I'm trying to install GAPPS. I'm using TWRP and have Carbon ROM installed. But when I try to install GAPPS it says that I don't have enough storage. But when I look at how much storage I have left, it says I have 50144 MBs left. And when I plug it into my computer it says I have 48.4 GBs free. I've tried to wipe my phone and use the pico version. When I look in the open_gapps_log, it says
| Current Free Space | 0 | 0
And the additional Space Required is 136980 kb.

Thank you for reading

May I´m wrong but it looks like a requirement from the rom so some roms require to be flashed then reboot to system and then again reboot to TWRP and yet now GAPPs have to be flashed.
Second probability could be an issue from TWRP, you can go to fastboot, delete recovery partition and flash it again, disconnect from pc and boot to it manually. And third option what comes to mind is that then to flash the rom data have encrypted and you´d need to decrypt it in order to flash GAPPs.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by selflect

Good afternoon everyone, i have a Huawei G620S and i have never update his system or anything, and whenever i go to search updates on the integrated app it said that there is no update avaliable
is android 4.4.4 and



What should i do in order to be able to update it?

Official support for this device stucked on 4.4.4 as reflected in the official site http://huawei-firmware.com/phone-lis...620s/g620s-l03 but it looks like there is some interesting custom development for this device, this is just an example about it https://forum.xda-developers.com/hon...nor-4-t3547682 it could be more options that can be appear just searching for the keys: "custom roms for the Huawei G620S" or "Huawei G620S XDA".
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
15th June 2019, 12:53 PM |#43598  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
HELP!
about #Google_fit


Plz listen carefully to me,

1. I need a way for increase the number of counted steps in google fit app, i want to do 20K steps in 24 Hours.

2. the second thing, i need a way to save and sync my steps i walked it in more than 2 google account, i mean, i want to move to make steps, then save and sync the steps in 3 of google accounts.



note that, the things i wanted above are easy to solve but i am not good enough in Android.


thank you
15th June 2019, 01:08 PM |#43599  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

1)https://support.google.com/photos/thread/90861?hl=en

2)) this could be hard to answer without knowing some details about your device and the settings/features that it has, what device do you have and what android version do you have?

3)https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/10...-652239d64203/

4) upload the screenshot to an image hosting site such as imgur then post a link to it here.


My phone wakes up at this screen
https://imgur.com/a/7deks62
I have galaxy s10 and its updated to latest version 9.
And by categorising photos with face i meant that iPhone make album by detecting the face of people and on Android it's not available to categorise photos by face of people.
Thanks for your response.
Today, 10:42 AM |#43600  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Blue bar on homescreen
Problem: blue bar on the bottom of my screen [see attachment]

Phone: OnePlus 5T
Launcher: Nova (prime, latest version)
Rooted: Yep, magisk
Android: 8.1

Anyone recognizes this? Rebooting doesn't help. Default launcher doesn't have the same issue. I didn't install new apps, auto update or tinkered with Nova settings for the past month.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-06-17_11-35-19.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	4778211  
Today, 10:48 AM |#43601  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,285
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flandria4

Problem: blue bar on the bottom of my screen [see attachment]

Phone: OnePlus 5T
Launcher: Nova (prime, latest version)
Rooted: Yep, magisk
Android: 8.1

Anyone recognizes this? Rebooting doesn't help. Default launcher doesn't have the same issue. I didn't install new apps, auto update or tinkered with Nova settings for the past month.

Are you referring to the dock?
The Following User Says Thank You to sanguinesaintly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sanguinesaintly Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes