FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] The Generic SD Issue (READ FIRST)

410 posts
Thanks Meter: 340

By KingAmir, Senior Member on 29th September 2012, 10:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th July 2015, 10:16 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
my sd card damaged
This is a bad incident, as my phone dropped from my hand onto the ground suddenly my phone's display got cracked and the micro sd card of 8gb came out of its own from my phone. Due to sudden dropping of my phone data on the memory is lost.
Whenever I insert this sd card using card reader into computer it always asks to format, as a new sd card does.

Please help me to recover my data.
The Following User Says Thank You to rajguru07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rajguru07 Ad-Free

12th August 2015, 11:10 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thank you
26th August 2015, 02:11 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Not possible

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to foro5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift foro5 Ad-Free
21st December 2015, 08:52 PM |#114  
Flag Toulouse
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Maybe I'm lucky but I've never had any problem with sd card even many years old.

Anyway I'm sure it's not a durable way to store data.
12th January 2016, 12:32 AM |#115  

More
Besides all these problems, you should be really careful about fake sdcards. There are just too many of them. And it's really hard to tell if a sdcard is fake. I wouldn't want to save my picture or data on a knock-off product.
8th April 2016, 11:40 PM |#116  

More
I've had a run of bad luck lately with sd cards, even name brands. Over the last two years I've burnt through 5-6 of them. Various different failures and lost data. I wonder if I'm primarily getting the fake ones this thread mentions.

Is there any way to verify the authenticity of a card?
25th April 2016, 10:40 PM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgrunwell

I've had a run of bad luck lately with sd cards, even name brands. Over the last two years I've burnt through 5-6 of them. Various different failures and lost data. I wonder if I'm primarily getting the fake ones this thread mentions.

Is there any way to verify the authenticity of a card?

I try to make sure to buy from a reputable retailer and not from smaller sellers. Nothing against most small sellers, but enough of the time, even when I'm buying an item listed as "Genuine" I have gotten fakes. This goes for things like camera accessories, batteries, etc.

For example, I would buy a card "Sold and shipped by Amazon" but not one sold by a no-name seller on the Amazon marketplace.

In addition, I try to cross shop several retailers to see what a "reasonable" price should be. If most sellers have the item listed at ~$60 and I find it for $23.99 online... I feel that in most cases is probably too good to be true.

Saving a little bit of money isn't worth the risk of potentially losing ALL of my data.

I try to do backups regularly, but sometimes it isn't always possible or I forget.
13th June 2019, 05:07 PM |#118  

Donate to Me
More
Krazyadroidmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYADROIDMASTER

Thanks for making it a sticky.

Hope this helps a lot of people, Lately I have seen a few SD card threads.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

good luck thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
guide

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)