FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DISCONTINUED][PATCHER][APP] Dual boot any ROM on all Galaxy S4 variants!

2,990 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,494

Post Reply Email Thread
14th June 2019, 06:34 PM |#13751  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 37

Donate to Me
More
Pretty sure I've tried that. I'll update my travis.yml when I get a chance later and let you know
The Following User Says Thank You to CFKod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CFKod Ad-Free

16th June 2019, 05:45 PM |#13752  
Asheville, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon1511

Pie works as long as it isnt the primary ROM.
Dual booting Pie ROMs works but you need oreo or an older version of android as primary.

As far as I know not every pie-based ROM uses treble. The devices that got updates from oreo to pie dont use treble as far as I know.
It might be an option to try DBP on those devices.
Im sadly not able to test this because I dont own a device that runs pie

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Did you tried to compile it on your own?

What non-Pie ROMS come to mind to use as primary?

I may just use a relatively small one as primary only so I can use other current Pie roms as data partition roms so I can go back and forth between them.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
19th June 2019, 10:40 PM |#13753  
Asheville, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,138

More
Update- I tried the above with as oreo primary. I patched then flashed a pie data rom, but it would not really boot up - the primary did even though the ROM section said it was the one flashed.

Chen said getting pie to boot after flashing was the problem, which is still there apparently.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to gaww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gaww Ad-Free
20th June 2019, 12:17 PM |#13754  
Flag Baldwin Park
Thanks Meter: 2,810

More
Did DualBoot Patcher ever support early system mount? I figured Pie and Oreo (from late 2018) had that and thus not really bootable as secondaries. I know that's the case with MultiROM as the ROMs flash fine but will crash it when booting. I figure something similar with DBP?

LG G3 D851, crDroidAndroid v4.6 ROM, microG (NoGapps), MultiROM, XDA Legacy
20th June 2019, 01:07 PM |#13755  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdw

Did DualBoot Patcher ever support early system mount? I figured Pie and Oreo (from late 2018) had that and thus not really bootable as secondaries. I know that's the case with MultiROM as the ROMs flash fine but will crash it when booting. I figure something similar with DBP?

LG G3 D851, crDroidAndroid v4.6 ROM, microG (NoGapps), MultiROM, XDA Legacy

DBP does not support early system mount. If the ROM uses early system mounting even if you do not have a treble device, you would need to modify the boot image to remove the system fstab entries from the device tree (dtb) and add them to the fstab file. And you might need to modify an init.rc file.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clewis.it For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clewis.it Ad-Free
20th June 2019, 02:02 PM |#13756  
Flag Baldwin Park
Thanks Meter: 2,810

More
@clewis.it, yeah, I figured as much. On my Axon 7 with DBP I had two Oreo ROMs running, boot images pre-patched. That was awhile back though, currently running just Nougat ROMs.
Guess I have some work to do if I want to mess around with more recent Oreo/Pie. Thanks.

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, AospExtended v5.5 ROM, microG (NoGapps), MultiROM, XDA Legacy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dualboot, dualbootpatcher

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)