[Android 10] AOSPExtended 7.1 for LG G3 (Discontinued)

Search This thread

mksahin

Jun 28, 2017
Unfortunately even after flashing bumped MM and than AEX 6.5 I still am getting a lot of FCs and different problems:
- Google Play is often unresponsive + I can install up to 1 app, with a need to reboot before it is showed as installed,
- oiften after (re)boot there is lockscreen and after few seconds it changes into black screen, after that only way to make it work is force it to reboot and pray it won't happen again...

Try Pixel Experience which has built-in Gapps (you don't flash Gapps separately) and see if you have the same problems.

Reactions: ch3mn3y

fOxunO

Jan 2, 2011
Unfortunately even after flashing bumped MM and than AEX 6.5 I still am getting a lot of FCs and different problems:
- Google Play is often unresponsive + I can install up to 1 app, with a need to reboot before it is showed as installed,
- oiften after (re)boot there is lockscreen and after few seconds it changes into black screen, after that only way to make it work is force it to reboot and pray it won't happen again...

I'm always flashing with stupid way.
Format > yes
Wipe dalvik,cache,data and system.

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3

Make a format of everything, except for SDCard and Internal Storage and flash CleanROM. Let it sit for a while and then clean flash AOSPExtended.
https://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/development/d855-clean-rom-1-0-t3629917

@fOxunO
I did all the needed wipes, but never format. Unfortunately I don't have sdcard right now and all zips are stored in Internal Memory. Will think about it.
@HardStyl3r
Will try it later.
@mksahin
If CleanRom won't help I'll see if other roms gives similar problems.
However when I tried Oreo AEX I got only com.android.phone FCs.
With Oreo AICP all was fine till I flashed GApps - than Services started FCing. However here clean flash with GApps in same process as Rom may help.

amahmoudeg

Jan 21, 2016
since using this rom, i feel controling everything. best rom ever with great mods.. good work.
Dear @HardStyl3r HardStyl3r i need one thing.. how to disable ripple circle showing around numbers when typing my PIN on lockscreen? because everyone beside me can read it.
ancient builds had option to disable it. tried hide password but nothing happened.
Any advanced workaround
images

@HardStyl3r
any hint for disabling the white ripple circle around numbers in lockscreen?

jrickman51

May 2, 2017
Stock was to old - 4.4.2 10f.
TWRP is 3.3.3-0 (or sth like that) and I did all the wipes mentioned in 1st post (rm -rf is disabled, so it was format, not just wipe) every try.

Is this the right one?
https://xdaforums.com/att-lg-g3/development/rom-stock-bumped-marshmallow-v30a-t3661194
So I have to flash it, let it boot, reboot to recovery, wipe and flash AEX again?

Yes, I would back up the marshmallow rom as well. Have it as a safe restore if things go wrong in the future, with the current twrp I don't believe you have to have a bumped rom. I'd use clean or a similar current stock rom I've had to reinstall a stock based many times over the years in order to have the current rom at the time operate correctly. This should correct all issues your having. Good luck

Last edited:

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
[...However here clean flash with GApps in same process as Rom may help.

Oh, yes. I think ever since Marshmallow one had to flash ROM and gapps in the same session. Otherwise various Google apps would misbehave due to various permissions issues.

LG G3 D851, AOSP-CAF 6.0.1, NanoDroid, MultiROM, XDA Legacy

erdokannn

Jun 13, 2018
another excellent rom, thank you, love it!

one problem though: Had problem with Netflix app since the beginning. Now MagishHide is on for Netflix app, I installed liboemcrypto disabler and MagiskHide Props Config modules, I pass SafetyNet check, can install Netflix app straight from PlayStore. And still, when I start Netflix app I get typical error "Device failure occurred. Please restart yur device and try again (501.-1019).

Any ideas?:/

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3
another excellent rom, thank you, love it!

one problem though: Had problem with Netflix app since the beginning. Now MagishHide is on for Netflix app, I installed liboemcrypto disabler and MagiskHide Props Config modules, I pass SafetyNet check, can install Netflix app straight from PlayStore. And still, when I start Netflix app I get typical error "Device failure occurred. Please restart yur device and try again (501.-1019).

Any ideas?:/
I don't know, it should work. Why didn't you stick with clean Magisk?

erdokannn

Jun 13, 2018
I don't know, it should work. Why didn't you stick with clean Magisk?
at first I tried with clean, then, step by step, I tried adding modules and stuff
and strange thing, I tried this circumstances (all of them after clean install and reboot everytime I install/change something new on the system, passing SafetyNet):
- clean system without Magisk
- system with Magisk and hide option
- Magisk with hide + MagiskHide Props Config
- Magisk with hide + MagiskHide Props Config + liboemcrypto disabler

and now I'm testing RRemix mod, tried similar circumstances and...

can't run newest netflix app, still the same error:/
I can use older app f.e. from the beginning of 2017 and it's alright (but dont have download option in it and afaik it was already there in 2017)
or old moded netflix app provided by the guy who created netflix enabler module for magisk (both on xda, other thread), of course no download option there

hm, what I'm doing wrong?:/
I would love netflix app with download option and I remember that I managed to have it on Bootleggers rom
have no idea wheres problem with AOSP/RR for me:/

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3
at first I tried with clean, then, step by step, I tried adding modules and stuff
and strange thing, I tried this circumstances (all of them after clean install and reboot everytime I install/change something new on the system, passing SafetyNet):
- clean system without Magisk
- system with Magisk and hide option
- Magisk with hide + MagiskHide Props Config
- Magisk with hide + MagiskHide Props Config + liboemcrypto disabler

and now I'm testing RRemix mod, tried similar circumstances and...

can't run newest netflix app, still the same error:/
I can use older app f.e. from the beginning of 2017 and it's alright (but dont have download option in it and afaik it was already there in 2017)
or old moded netflix app provided by the guy who created netflix enabler module for magisk (both on xda, other thread), of course no download option there

hm, what I'm doing wrong?:/
I would love netflix app with download option and I remember that I managed to have it on Bootleggers rom
have no idea wheres problem with AOSP/RR for me:/
I am afraid I can't help much as I don't have Netflix account. Please check if your kernel is Enforcing (SELinux status) and you pass SafetyNet in Magisk.
Eventually, you can grab me some logs, because it might be some Widevine or other blobs related issue. Use adb and adb logcat -b all command.

kerimcem

Jan 16, 2015
AOSPExtended 5.8 + gamma kernel good performance Good battery life..
AOSPExtended 6.x very lag,freezing,battery life is bad..
ı m back oero...

Reactions: hedgecore44

waratwoeld

May 5, 2015
LG D855

- AospExtended-v6.6-d855-20190619-1543-UNOFFICIAL
- open_gapps-arm-9.0-pico-20190703
- Magisk-v19.3
- G3_XTD_Kernel_R9_2018-12-07
- MR_Bump

With these installation steps, the ROM works very well, in standby mode it lasts almost the day and in use 2 and a half hours of screen, the heating is little, GPS working very well ... but you have to configure the adiutor kernel.
Wifi loses strength and recharges social apps a lot.

Very good ROM, plus it has a very good design.

Top Liked Posts