42 posts
Thanks Meter: 280

By mkh.mourad, Member on 16th September 2013, 01:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd October 2018, 09:56 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unclear how to convert from .zip to TAR.MD5 with Odin
I have downloaded the TarTool for Odin but I don’t quite see how to convert to TAR-MD5 the zip file of the ROM I want to flash in my Samsung Tablet
Once I unzipped the Odin Tar Tool, I get a folder containing the following files/Folders:
Bin Folder
Other Files: Batch, imgToTarMD5,Odin,Yes_file, Log
The Bin folder contains the following files:
Cygattr-1.dll
Cygiconv.dll
Cyginti-8.dll
Cygwin1.dll
MD5 Sum( opens command screen)
MV ( Cmd screen opens, disappears)
Tar ( ditto)
Odin3 .exe ( already previously installed)
Odin3 ( configuration settings)
TMAX.dll
ZLIB.dll
I can;t see any IMG file there

Again, I don’t know how to convert the ROM .ZIP file to Tar.MD5 based on the above files/ folders.What do I have to rename? Can somebody help?
I hope somebody replies because I already posted on a another issue a few days ago and I have no reply as yet.

Thanks
Ittiandro

2nd November 2018, 02:21 PM |#132  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ittiandro

I have downloaded the TarTool for Odin but I don’t quite see how to convert to TAR-MD5 the zip file of the ROM I want to flash in my Samsung Tablet
Once I unzipped the Odin Tar Tool, I get a folder containing the following files/Folders:
Bin Folder
Other Files: Batch, imgToTarMD5,Odin,Yes_file, Log
The Bin folder contains the following files:
Cygattr-1.dll
Cygiconv.dll
Cyginti-8.dll
Cygwin1.dll
MD5 Sum( opens command screen)
MV ( Cmd screen opens, disappears)
Tar ( ditto)
Odin3 .exe ( already previously installed)
Odin3 ( configuration settings)
TMAX.dll
ZLIB.dll
I can;t see any IMG file there

Again, I don’t know how to convert the ROM .ZIP file to Tar.MD5 based on the above files/ folders.What do I have to rename? Can somebody help?
I hope somebody replies because I already posted on a another issue a few days ago and I have no reply as yet.

Thanks
Ittiandro

This tool is to get your stock boot.img file and then convert to Tar.MD5 so you can install it using Odin, so download your stock firmware then unzip it using 7zip software after that copy your boot.img file into tar-Tool_Odin3-v3.10.7_by_mkh.mourad\tar-Tool run the batch file ImgToTar.MD5.bat which will create that boot.img into boot.imgTar.MD5 so you can odin it using CP tab, is that what you are trying to achieve?

if you post questions without proper info nobody wont be able to help you out, explain your situation, tablet model #, which ROM, etc.
8th June 2019, 05:02 PM |#133  
promising if only a guide how to start cant understand a juta of this program i have a tar file img, i double click on the tool nothing
15th June 2019, 07:24 PM |#134  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 72

More
omg thank you so much for these files I was able to re create my own tar script using the provided files thank you thank you
17th June 2019, 10:12 AM |#135  

More
Hi there,

I'm using your script, version 3.10.7 but get an error when trying to flash via ODIN...

Using ODIN 3.13.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Yesterday, 07:40 PM |#136  

More
launch the "ImgToTar.MD5.bat....doesn't launch right click flashes dissapears
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh.mourad

for how want to use Odin to flash the ClockWorkMod Recovery img or any image files like "boot.img", this is a tool to create a tar.md5 file from the img file.
unzip the file tool, and put your img files into the same directory of the batch file.
if you have more than one file put each file in a separate folder.
launch the "ImgToTar.MD5.bat" to create files with the extension of tar.md5 for each img file.
Note: the script rename the each file starting by "recovery*.img" to "recovery.img" , and files named "boot*.img" or "kernel*.img" image to "boot.img". if your file has another name , don't forgot to rename a recovery image to recovery.img, and the boot image to boot.img.

hope that help some body how search a batch file to create tar.md5 file for using it in Odin.

******************** new version of the script:
in this new version you can combine multiple files ,img and bin files, all of them into one file tar.md5 bundle.
a "AllFiles" directory is created including this result pack file ready to use in new Odin version v3.10.7.

launch the "ImgToTar.MD5.bat....doesn't launch right click open or right click run as administrator screen flashes than disappears?????
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)