FORUMS

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,190 Vote(s)
59.15%
Yes, kind of.

476 Vote(s)
23.66%
No, needs improvement.

346 Vote(s)
17.20%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,814 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,896

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2019, 05:54 PM |#29171  
Thanks Meter: 332

More
I'm using a moto G7 with android pie. I have a problem with the contacts app. It opens blank (no contacts). If I click on the icon on the top right and select "all accounts" it gets populated, presumably from the Google account (which I don't sync).

But I want my contacts on the device (Sim card) which contacts app does not see and when I cluck on add account there is.no way to add 'device'.

How do I get contacts to see 'device' addresses?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190616-114344.png
Views:	106
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	4777828   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190616-115042.png
Views:	106
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	4777830  
16th June 2019, 10:43 PM |#29172  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Please help me, my coolpad C103 fell 2months ago and the screen broke and it started ghost touching after a while it started getting dead zones at first the top quarter of the fone stopped working and later it spread to top half. Now two days ago I got my replacement lcd+digitizer in one I ordered for, it was fixed ND worked fine for a day, now yesterday when I played pubg I noticed it started ghost touching if I press the screen with a lil bit of force it would ghost touch randomly it doesn't have a particular area of ghost touching now the middle part of the screen just suddenly turned to a dead zone like an hour ago. Please I don't know what is wrong in afreit would spread again. Cos this was what happened the previous time please help me

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeme2

I'm using a moto G7 with android pie. I have a problem with the contacts app. It opens blank (no contacts). If I click on the icon on the top right and select "all accounts" it gets populated, presumably from the Google account (which I don't sync).

But I want my contacts on the device (Sim card) which contacts app does not see and when I cluck on add account there is.no way to add 'device'.

How do I get contacts to see 'device' addresses?

Try moving your Google contacts to your phone
16th June 2019, 10:55 PM |#29173  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 5,122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootandroids

I still can't find it because my device model is a specific one

Are we supposed to guess what device you have?
You aren't going to get any help with absolutely no information.
The Following User Says Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xunholyx Ad-Free
17th June 2019, 12:44 AM |#29174  
Thanks Meter: 332

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Try moving your Google contacts to your phone

I did using 'Contacts Optimizer' app. Also looked with 'Mad Contacts groups'. The data is in both Google account —and— phone only. But Contacts sees the 'device' as empty.

The phone is not rooted. Is there a way to manually access the simcard data to access or copy to it?

EDIT
Solved. Not sure how but now Contacts sees the data in phone/device.
17th June 2019, 06:38 AM |#29175  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

It´s a funny thing; security apps are incredible unsafe and easily mocked or removable, then to post I found that the data can be deleted for any user.

Maybe you´re not familiar with but probably the best would be unlock bootloader, root it and installing a custom rom (I ever do this) in this way the app Security Center is easily controlled. Or installing a different rom by i.e. an AOSP where this app is not present.

You also can delete it using adb but probably this get in other troubles so is an in-built system app on Miui firmware very dependent of. For this It has to be considered which other apps work with so they have to be also deleted to not cause conflicts.

Finally freeze it, hide it or disable it is not an option when someone else is determined to break with. Your last resource would be delete it then to unlock it, root it but again I don´t want to anticipate before you try it but probably device will have a back-door that can be exploited for a smart user stubborn to break the rules.

Quote:

I didn´t deal deeper with your exact trouble but as you say that any third party security app works as you need then definitely Miui rom is not for you, I´ll explain why; Security Center app can be removed on an unlocked device but you´ll have some annoying android.process.media pops-up warning and also the access to apps managements will be denied, in previous versions was more permissive but since Miui 10 was integrated as an essential part of the system (a kind of Knox) and on the other hand if you want to keep it (Based on your words) would be like a trojan or an access to manipulate other security apps.

Considering the previous probably the best would be change totally the rom to something near to stock and keeping just one security app of your preference and not two rivals.

In case you want to take this line these are the first steps https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...oader-t3890751 and here a collection of alternative roms https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...-7/development

I checked them and I chickened out.

So I wonder there's very easy way to disable MIUI Security app? Or at least disable "Solve Problem" function of Security app so that it won't remove the parental control from "device admin"?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ab2o0s1916...ersky%2003.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fctk0pf582...ersky%2002.jpg
17th June 2019, 06:50 AM |#29176  

More
Wifi can't open
It's Gionee m5
I found a disappearing file "WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini"
I put it back and reboot.
Then the wifi can be used. but I reboot the second time it can't use again
Now this method is useless. What should I do?:哭:
17th June 2019, 06:55 AM |#29177  
Flag Tbilisi

More
Google Chrome on Android 10 (Video Problem)
Hi there, Imma Newbie in here, not so advanced in techs and etc...

Couple of days Ago I did an update on my GOOGLE PIXEL of ANDROID 10 Beta, has lot of issues but part of them is already fixed and I kinda like it... Anyhow this post is about totally different thing

When I did my last update of Google CHROME on my GOOGLE PIXEL Cellphone which is working on ANDROID 10 BETA, all the videos that I am playing with the CHROME browser get STALLED when I try to REWIND / FORWARD them.

For Example : I go to one of the online movie website, I turn movie and if I want to rewind it it gets stalled...

By the same time any other browser (Firefox, Opera) play the same video without any kind of problems, thats why I think that the problem lays in CHROME

TRIED TO FIX
So I did the following procedures : cleared cache and cookies, search content, browsing history, storage and etc... Tried to installing the older version of CHROME and it didn't work as well cause in PIXEL it is BUILT IN application witch can not be downgraded... restarting the phone couple of times and etc. Nothing worked for me

Please try to be able to help me to resolve my Issue
Thank you in advance

P.S I also wrote a feedback in Google Store indicating the problem but no response yet...
17th June 2019, 08:12 AM |#29178  
Thanks Meter: 784

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Als49

I checked them and I chickened out.

So I wonder there's very easy way to disable MIUI Security app? Or at least disable "Solve Problem" function of Security app so that it won't remove the parental control from "device admin"?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ab2o0s1916...ersky%2003.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fctk0pf582...ersky%2002.jpg

Unfortunately for your specific issue this app can´t be disabled either through the settings menu or through adb shell rooted or not.

It can be uninstalled on a rooted device (I didn´t try on an unrooted, I guess it´s possible) but same as modifying any part or feature within it (like "Solve Problems" section) system will become unstable and unusable due to annoying pops-up crashing messages.

The reason behind is simply that it is an essential part of the system, not even custom roms based on Miui stock dispense with this app.

Probably your best bet would be try to take the total control over device by unlocking, rooting and changing to other rom. I´m not encouraging to do this but I don´t see a solution to your issue while Security Center app being supposedly the major tower control can be mocked easily and at same time being a kind of trojan through which an user with some skills can block other third party security apps.

There are some apps that can hide system apps but they can be uninstalled easily. Maybe you can try turning it to a system app but you would need root, at this way this app would be slightly hard to be removed (for non advanced users though).
17th June 2019, 12:59 PM |#29179  

More
Hi. I haven't found more proper place to ask so posting it here.
I'm using Oneplus 5t with Android 9 and trying to record timelapses with Framelapse program. It works best among all the alternatives BUT if you turn the screen off, Android kills the process. People say it works ok on Android 8 and lower. Also developer of this program abandoned it so I don't expect for any updates and fixes.

Is there a way to make this program stay in background and keep recording when screen is off? Otherwise it ruins the whole point of timelapse recording.
I've tried other programs for timelapse but none of them has all the control and options that Framelapse provides, and most of alternatives are useless for me without exposure lock, adjustable frame interval and video length, notification light, release timer and other things .
17th June 2019, 01:51 PM |#29180  

More
Quote:

As an additional info than the previous given I would wipe everything backing up before just my important files but not all the data apps so is not always a good idea to restore them from a previous different rom than the actual and can cause some conflicts.

Then Flash the whole partitions using the proper tool I guess SPFlash Tool of the last rom version that worked fine, check out how it goes and then start again.

While the flashing process is running check that all partitions are flashed and that
it didn´t give you any error.

If after all that you think to flash a custom recovery and/or a custom rom always is recommendable to backup other partitions than the usually always mentioned like tz, modem, vendor, efs where also some controls over the hardware are allocated.

I was hoping to not have to go down the factory reset path... Again. Too much down time for a work device.

One more question, after rooting with Magisk is there something I can do to get OTA updates. Unfortunately they aren't available for download anywhere being that Blackview are not a very common phone.
17th June 2019, 04:39 PM |#29181  
Thanks Meter: 784

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pqkiller666

I was hoping to not have to go down the factory reset path... Again. Too much down time for a work device.

One more question, after rooting with Magisk is there something I can do to get OTA updates. Unfortunately they aren't available for download anywhere being that Blackview are not a very common phone.

After to rooting it usually not, don't expect OTA updates, and if you're rooted they eventually could brick it at least in a soft easy so by the normal way OTA updates are made to work on non modified device BUT all the trick to make it work resides in how is made TWRP if available to your device.

As a side note I have to mention that after all in my own experience most of Chinese devices in this range don't provide more than 2 or luckily 3 OTA updates and if there is a firmware available to upgrade it at least one android version you have to search around the web for it and do it manually through some flasher tool proper for your device. This device is very popular in Russia so you could find some files in those forums
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)