FORUMS

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,190 Vote(s)
59.15%
Yes, kind of.

476 Vote(s)
23.66%
No, needs improvement.

346 Vote(s)
17.20%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,819 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,900

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th June 2019, 04:39 PM |#29181  
Thanks Meter: 784

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pqkiller666

I was hoping to not have to go down the factory reset path... Again. Too much down time for a work device.

One more question, after rooting with Magisk is there something I can do to get OTA updates. Unfortunately they aren't available for download anywhere being that Blackview are not a very common phone.

After to rooting it usually not, don't expect OTA updates, and if you're rooted they eventually could brick it at least in a soft easy so by the normal way OTA updates are made to work on non modified device BUT all the trick to make it work resides in how is made TWRP if available to your device.

As a side note I have to mention that after all in my own experience most of Chinese devices in this range don't provide more than 2 or luckily 3 OTA updates and if there is a firmware available to upgrade it at least one android version you have to search around the web for it and do it manually through some flasher tool proper for your device. This device is very popular in Russia so you could find some files in those forums
17th June 2019, 04:46 PM |#29182  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Good day everyone,
I have a coolpad C103 fhd screen android eui 6.0.1.
My phone fell a month ago and had some nasty cracks on the top of the screen but it worked fine for a day before it started ghost touching at the said top part of the screen. Few days later the top part stopped responding to touches but the remaining bottom was working fine.

Now two days later I got the replacement screen and digitizer in one kit and fixed it, it worked fine for a day but now the middle part of the screen developed ghost touches again and started responding to touches whenever it likes, that is sometimes it responds and sometimes it don't. I have tried the ignition spark trick to no avail. Can anybody troubleshoot it for me? The ghost touches appear on other parts of the screen if I press too hard but mainly occurs mid screen. Should I get a new screen again?

Pls helllpppp
17th June 2019, 07:20 PM |#29183  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessz

Good day everyone,
I have a coolpad C103 fhd screen android eui 6.0.1.
My phone fell a month ago and had some nasty cracks on the top of the screen but it worked fine for a day before it started ghost touching at the said top part of the screen. Few days later the top part stopped responding to touches but the remaining bottom was working fine.

Now two days later I got the replacement screen and digitizer in one kit and fixed it, it worked fine for a day but now the middle part of the screen developed ghost touches again and started responding to touches whenever it likes, that is sometimes it responds and sometimes it don't. I have tried the ignition spark trick to no avail. Can anybody troubleshoot it for me? The ghost touches appear on other parts of the screen if I press too hard but mainly occurs mid screen. Should I get a new screen again?

Pls helllpppp

I hope you get a more good answer likely to hear but in my opinion; due to display is not a part completely apart from the other but they interacts with it in various events at hardware level. I think that you have a failed handset, best would be try to replace it for other or you will end replacing once and again some other parts trying to solve it.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootandroids

I cannot for the life of me find the right update version for google play services, if anyone could help me to figure this out would be much appreciated, since I need it to sign into the google play store

Install an app like DevCheck from Play Store, see which kind of architecture has your device and follow as indicated by Droidriven searching "Play Services for arm..... devices" you will find for sure the proper for you.
17th June 2019, 10:22 PM |#29184  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How do I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

You need the version that is compatible with your processor/hardware architecture(i.e. ARM, ARMV7, ARM64, X86, etc..).

Do a google search for:

"Google Play Services for (your CPU architecture)"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

I hope you get a more good answer likely to hear but in my opinion; due to display is not a part completely apart from the other but they interacts with it in various events at hardware level. I think that you have a failed handset, best would be try to replace it for other or you will end replacing once and again some other parts trying to solve it.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Install an app like DevCheck from Play Store, see which kind of architecture has your device and follow as indicated by Droidriven searching "Play Services for arm..... devices" you will find for sure the proper for you.

How do i post screenshots? I'm trying to let you guys help me but it feels like im jumping through all these hurdles just to get the information lol
17th June 2019, 10:43 PM |#29185  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootandroids

How do i post screenshots? I'm trying to let you guys help me but it feels like im jumping through all these hurdles just to get the information lol

You can attach a screenshot or other file through this box:
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenhot.png
Views:	36
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	4778519
And if you install an app like the mentioned before you will see the info here:

Name:	DevCheck.jpg
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	4778520
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
18th June 2019, 06:17 AM |#29186  

More
Quote:

Unfortunately for your specific issue this app can´t be disabled either through the settings menu or through adb shell rooted or not.

It can be uninstalled on a rooted device (I didn´t try on an unrooted, I guess it´s possible) but same as modifying any part or feature within it (like "Solve Problems" section) system will become unstable and unusable due to annoying pops-up crashing messages.

The reason behind is simply that it is an essential part of the system, not even custom roms based on Miui stock dispense with this app.

Probably your best bet would be try to take the total control over device by unlocking, rooting and changing to other rom. I´m not encouraging to do this but I don´t see a solution to your issue while Security Center app being supposedly the major tower control can be mocked easily and at same time being a kind of trojan through which an user with some skills can block other third party security apps.

There are some apps that can hide system apps but they can be uninstalled easily. Maybe you can try turning it to a system app but you would need root, at this way this app would be slightly hard to be removed (for non advanced users though).

Thanks for the explanation Subway.

So I think I should change my approach:

1. ROM with built-in parental control?
To limit device usage by hours and schedule, also filter web accesses. I know MIUI has one, but only for the their Chinese version. I haven't found other ROM that has built-in parental control.

Which leads me to the next idea.
2. Hide app using 3rd party launcher?
I looked around and found that certain launcher such as Nova Launcher Prime can hide app without installing them.

I wonder if hiding the Security app can resolve the issue? I mean, is there any way my kid can access the Security app other than from the chosen launcher? Or if he can somehow can switch the launcher back to default MIUI launcher?

Because launcher also uses "device admin" permission which can be easily turned off through Security app's Solve Problems...
18th June 2019, 10:18 AM |#29187  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Als49

Thanks for the explanation Subway.

So I think I should change my approach:

1. ROM with built-in parental control?

To limit device usage by hours and schedule, also filter web accesses. I know MIUI has one, but only for the their Chinese version. I haven't found other ROM that has built-in parental control.

Which leads me to the next idea.

2. Hide app using 3rd party launcher?

I looked around and found that certain launcher such as Nova Launcher Prime can hide app without installing them.

I wonder if hiding the Security app can resolve the issue? I mean, is there any way my kid can access the Security app other than from the chosen launcher? Or if he can somehow can switch the launcher back to default MIUI launcher?

Because launcher also uses "device admin" permission which can be easily turned off through Security app's Solve Problems...

I don't think that custom roms those could be installed on your device have an in-built parental control so this usually is an extra care added by manufacturer in a few of stock roms.

About the chinese version can be installed after to unlock bootloader.

There are some launchers that can hide an app like QuickStep, Poco that is used for users that want a native launcher that has an app drawer and although they can be removed from default apps but actually you can try the next, I found an app that it seems to work fine, it's AppLock - Fingerprint by SpSoft:
- Then to install this app it needs all the permissions in order to work well then lock Package Installer, Settings, Security Center, Play Store to avoid be uninstalled through it and the other apps that you desire, also you have to exclude it from task force close by locking it in recents window.
- As a variation you can use and lock if you prefer a third party launcher and hide the apps desired through it.

Also before this maybe you might to try Second space if it meets your needs.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
18th June 2019, 02:31 PM |#29188  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

After to rooting it usually not, don't expect OTA updates, and if you're rooted they eventually could brick it at least in a soft easy so by the normal way OTA updates are made to work on non modified device BUT all the trick to make it work resides in how is made TWRP if available to your device.

As a side note I have to mention that after all in my own experience most of Chinese devices in this range don't provide more than 2 or luckily 3 OTA updates and if there is a firmware available to upgrade it at least one android version you have to search around the web for it and do it manually through some flasher tool proper for your device. This device is very popular in Russia so you could find some files in those forums

I found a v34 ROM from November 2018 and have flashed that after backing up to a cloud - twrp backup was too clunky for me. In the process I managed to solid brick my phone then rescue it via SP Flash tool.

Voila! The camera now works perfectly and life goes on..

I also now know how to save my phone from infinite boot loop AND solid brick state (no power response whatsoever).

Thanks for all advice provided.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pqkiller666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pqkiller666 Ad-Free
19th June 2019, 06:55 AM |#29189  

More
Quote:

I don't think that custom roms those could be installed on your device have an in-built parental control so this usually is an extra care added by manufacturer in a few of stock roms.

About the chinese version can be installed after to unlock bootloader.

There are some launchers that can hide an app like QuickStep, Poco that is used for users that want a native launcher that has an app drawer and although they can be removed from default apps but actually you can try the next, I found an app that it seems to work fine, it's AppLock - Fingerprint by SpSoft:
- Then to install this app it needs all the permissions in order to work well then lock Package Installer, Settings, Security Center, Play Store to avoid be uninstalled through it and the other apps that you desire, also you have to exclude it from task force close by locking it in recents window.
- As a variation you can use and lock if you prefer a third party launcher and hide the apps desired through it.

Also before this maybe you might to try Second space if it meets your needs.

I tried Second Space but it also copied Security app and I couldn't remove it.

I tried third party app lock (AppLock by DoMobileLab) but my kid could still access the locked app by exploiting the delay of the App lock to block the app by hovering on its top. He just kept repeating clicking the app before the blockage. And worse, this AppLock couldn't be uninstalled! I ended up doing factory reset to remove it.

I think all of the third party app lock, as well as third party parental control (I tried Qustodio, Screen Time Lab and Kaspersky Safe Kids), have this same weaknesses: slight delay in blocking apps by hovering above them.

I haven't tried third party launcher. I will try some of them and see if they're good solutions.
19th June 2019, 09:37 AM |#29190  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Als49

I tried Second Space but it also copied Security app and I couldn't remove it.

I tried third party app lock (AppLock by DoMobileLab) but my kid could still access the locked app by exploiting the delay of the App lock to block the app by hovering on its top. He just kept repeating clicking the app before the blockage. And worse, this AppLock couldn't be uninstalled! I ended up doing factory reset to remove it.

I think all of the third party app lock, as well as third party parental control (I tried Qustodio, Screen Time Lab and Kaspersky Safe Kids), have this same weaknesses: slight delay in blocking apps by hovering above them.

I haven't tried third party launcher. I will try some of them and see if they're good solutions.

No need to factory reset to uninstall this kind of apps, you just have to revoke device admin rights in special access section then you can uninstall it as usual.

The app suggested is on the attachment, you have to use both to work well.

Name:	Screenshot_2019-06-19-03-12-05-856_com.android.vending.jpg
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	4779226

Name:	Screenshot_2019-06-19-03-11-44-375_com.android.vending.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	4779227

And here showing delay is really very short to be exploited but result may vary from device to device.
Screenrecorder-2019-06-19-03-15-14-302.mp4.zip
19th June 2019, 11:45 AM |#29191  

More
Help with HiSuite Backup to PC - cant unpack "TAR" files
Hi guys!

We recently sold our HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro - before that we did a full backup on PC using HiSuite.
After that we sold the phone and bought a Samsung S10+, most of the recovery did the google-account automatically but we found some problems on the way.
- whatsapp chats were missing, no backup account were set. I know this was on us, but then I looked 1st time in the HiSuite backup and ALL "db-files" and everything was packed in TAR.

unextractable TAR

the problem here is that we I cant extract those TARs with any program I know, is there any way or does anyone here has experience with HiSuite?

When I am starting HiSuite it always asks for a HUAWEI phone to connect before be able to browse any backups, is there a way to FAKE or EMULATE a HUAWEI Phone connection??

Thank you for your help in advance.

KR

Niko
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)