By ntsteele, Junior Member on 27th January 2011, 04:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th June 2019, 06:43 PM |#91  
Flag Newport Wales
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelF86

This worked on my x22i commercial and was able to enter privileged mode. When I was trying to install Zwift from the Google Play store the treadmill restarted. Anyone know what can be done from here as far as "jailbreaking" goes?

Also in the settings it shows ethernet, does this thing have an RJ45 hiding under the plastic shell somewhere? Would be nice to hardwire it to the router.

Cheers,
Michael

Yea its a shame that development of this halted I was hoping to install the Less Mills app on the S22i.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaiC1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaiC1 Ad-Free

19th June 2019, 05:16 AM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How do i go about rooting this tablet? I followed your steps and got into privileged mode. Before i do any changes, want to backup the ROM. But somehow cant seem to root it. Have tried kingoroot and lots of other software, but cant seem to get through. I cant seem to get the adb connect working either... Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBrye

Ok, it gets _even better_

after running nmap on my device's IP address, I saw it had 3 ports opened... 5009, 5555, 5000...

On a hunch, I decided to check if 5555 was setup for ADB in tcp mode... turns out it is.

`adb connect #.#.#.#:5555` (where the #'s are the IP address) works like a charm.

then `adb shell` - comes back with a _root shell_

`|[email protected]_t_crv2:/ # `

I'm sure 5555 was open before I did the tapping-on-the-window thing, so it looks like these things _ship_ with TCP ADB enabled into a root shell for you.

19th June 2019, 10:07 AM |#93  
Flag Syracuse
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Nice to see this alive again. Has anyone found an Ethernet Port by opening up the tablet? The 2.4GHz WiFi is really a problem for cloud workouts. Also, the HDMI port doesn't seem to work either.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
19th June 2019, 06:37 PM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I didn't have to open the tablet. The ethernet port is at the back of the tablet and it works. So does the hdmi port. Both work once you get pprivileged mode. I was also able to root the device using Kingroot via PC.

Now need to take a backup of the firmware and modify the elliptical tablet to use on Proform Tour de France bike using Zwift or Peleton app. That way theZwift or Peleton app can control the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck1026

Nice to see this alive again. Has anyone found an Ethernet Port by opening up the tablet? The 2.4GHz WiFi is really a problem for cloud workouts. Also, the HDMI port doesn't seem to work either.

The Following User Says Thank You to guyfromSF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guyfromSF Ad-Free
20th June 2019, 01:58 AM |#95  
Flag Syracuse
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfromSF

I didn't have to open the tablet. The ethernet port is at the back of the tablet and it works. So does the hdmi port. Both work once you get pprivileged mode. I was also able to root the device using Kingroot via PC.

Now need to take a backup of the firmware and modify the elliptical tablet to use on Proform Tour de France bike using Zwift or Peleton app. That way theZwift or Peleton app can control the bike.

Looking at my 22 inch tablet.... No Ethernet Port on the external visible areas. I do see HDMI. I do have privileged mode enabled but still HDMI isn't working. I've tried with a known good cable.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android tablet, fitness, nordictrack, treadmill

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)