[ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL] Liquid Remix for Xperia Z1

Search This thread

legendstarspro

Feb 7, 2018
First of all, I am a "newbie builder", not a developer.

Liquid Remix is one of the most customized roms.

LiquidRemix is a New age mix of all the best ROMs of today with added essence from the older days. Android 9.0 project based from the old lead dev of LiquidSmooth, @Liquid0624, along with @VenkatVV, and community contributors! All features are open source and will stay that way as the community is the most important thing to the project!
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Thanks to:

Installation guide:
  1. Download the ROM
  2. Reboot to TWRP (3.3.x recommended)
  3. Wipe /system, /cache, /data
  4. Flash the rom
  5. Flash GApps (optional)
  6. Flash Magisk (optional)
  7. Flash RZ Kernel (optional)
  8. Reboot.
Download Link:

ROM Information:
  • ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
  • ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
  • ROM Firmware Required: Stock 14.6.A.1.236
Version Information
Created: 2019-04-10
Last Updated: 2019-06-19​

Attachments

• Screenshot_Quickstep_20190410-005034.jpg
    Screenshot_Quickstep_20190410-005034.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,894
  • Screenshot_Quickstep_20190410-005048.jpg
    Screenshot_Quickstep_20190410-005048.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 2,902
  • Screenshot_Settings_20190410-005119.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20190410-005119.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 2,847
  • Screenshot_Settings_20190410-005148.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20190410-005148.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 2,859
Last edited:

KhalidGenius

Jul 1, 2015
Great rom with tons of customization. The only problem is battery drain when the screen is off and heat issue it gets super hot

legendstarspro

Feb 7, 2018
Great rom with tons of customization. The only problem is battery drain when the screen is off and heat issue it gets super hot
You can use RZ kernel or Kernel Adiutor to reduce the chipset frequent. This will make device cooler, but slower performance.
Snap 800 is "hot by default", so that we can't make it much cooler, and battery drain quite quickly because of the chipset temperature although screen off (at least 45°C if we don't use and may up to 90°C with heavy tasks).

KhalidGenius

Jul 1, 2015
You can use RZ kernel or Kernel Adiutor to reduce the chipset frequent. This will make device cooler, but slower performance.
Snap 800 is "hot by default", so that we can't make it much cooler, and battery drain quite quickly because of the chipset temperature although screen off (at least 45°C if we don't use and may up to 90°C with heavy tasks).

I flashed LKT Magisk Module and chose battery mode which is now working perfectly for me. However, the problem returns with much bigger impact once i flash any version of OpenGApps. Neither battery saver mode nor LKT module are able to fix it. Is there any other way to fix google services battery drain?

legendstarspro

Feb 7, 2018
I flashed LKT Magisk Module and chose battery mode which is now working perfectly for me. However, the problem returns with much bigger impact once i flash any version of OpenGApps. Neither battery saver mode nor LKT module are able to fix it. Is there any other way to fix google services battery drain?
You can install the app "Disable Service", find it on Apkpure, developed by WangQi, root needed.
After that, open that app and choose System > Google Play Service, select all services (except GetToken, GmsBoundBrokerService, GoogleAccountAuthenticatorService, GoogleAccountDataService) then press arrow button, wait it to run and services disabled will change to red color.
4 except services I tell above are enough for using Google Play Store, Youtube, Drive, ...
But you will unable to log in to any other Google accounts, if you want to add more Google accounts, you must enable all services, add accounts and disable services again.
Some GApps need more than 4 services to works (like Google Play Games,...), so that you must enable some services for it.
I feel my device cooler and less battery drain after doing that, you can try it yourself.

Reactions: Blkzizo

KhalidGenius

Jul 1, 2015
You can install the app "Disable Service", find it on Apkpure, developed by WangQi, root needed.
After that, open that app and choose System > Google Play Service, select all services (except GetToken, GmsBoundBrokerService, GoogleAccountAuthenticatorService, GoogleAccountDataService) then press arrow button, wait it to run and services disabled will change to red color.
4 except services I tell above are enough for using Google Play Store, Youtube, Drive, ...
But you will unable to log in to any other Google accounts, if you want to add more Google accounts, you must enable all services, add accounts and disable services again.
Some GApps need more than 4 services to works (like Google Play Games,...), so that you must enable some services for it.
I feel my device cooler and less battery drain after doing that, you can try it yourself.

Thanks, dev! :D:fingers-crossed: how can i remove the dual speaker mod? mine sounds so bad

Reactions: Blkzizo

legendstarspro

Feb 7, 2018
Last edited:

KhalidGenius

Jul 1, 2015
I use device tree from @raschad, I don't know that he had modified the speaker mod.
But you can replace /system/vendor/etc/mixer_paths.xml from other roms to remove the mod.
Or you can use the original mixer_paths here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oWKSVZt8tBWECKoj1vwt9u9otnp4nsiw/view?usp=drivesdk

Great. I'm keeping this as my daily driver. I'd like to note that the camera mod (CyberianCamera_Oreo_PIE_1080.60fps) from Raschad's AospExtended thread works perfectly fine but you need to enable microphone, storage, and camera permissions manually before trying to open the camera app. Otherwise, the device might hang or soft reboot a couple of times, mine stuck in a soft reboot loop i had to reflash the rom.
Another thing is that whenever i turn on battery saver mode and the night mode activates, the current app refreshes or relaunches every time i plug or unplug the charger. All Pie roms that i tried behave the same. A small detail but a bit annoying for me and has been keeping me away from the battery saver made.

legendstarspro

Feb 7, 2018
Great. I'm keeping this as my daily driver. I'd like to note that the camera mod (CyberianCamera_Oreo_PIE_1080.60fps) from Raschad's AospExtended thread works perfectly fine but you need to enable microphone, storage, and camera permissions manually before trying to open the camera app. Otherwise, the device might hang or soft reboot a couple of times, mine stuck in a soft reboot loop i had to reflash the rom.
Another thing is that whenever i turn on battery saver mode and the night mode activates, the current app refreshes or relaunches every time i plug or unplug the charger. All Pie roms that i tried behave the same. A small detail but a bit annoying for me and has been keeping me away from the battery saver made.
I have try CyberianCamera on this rom
Camera app need to be granted permissions before using due to Android security from Android 6.0 and above, it prevent some apps to use dangerous permissions.
But I only granted permissions once, the next time I open camera app, I don't have to grant permissions again. Although if I don't grant any permissions, my device neither hang nor reboot. I am not sure why it happens to you.
About the battery saver mode, with my device, some apps are relaunched, some app not. I don't have any other phones to try this, so that I don't know it is because of the Android source code or because of our old device.

Park777

Jun 26, 2019
5 Star Rom

Amazing Work to you Dev.
I am using this ROM as my daily drive with rz kernel and cyberian Cam and it works perfect,no issues at all.
Thanks a lot once again Sir legendstarpro Rashdd and Devs for your hard work in keeping up Xperia Z1 alive up to 2019 :good: :good: :good:

Last edited:

Aliover

Sep 24, 2016
Hello friends
Great rom with tunes of customization
I am using this ROM as my daily drive with RZ kernel v4.0 and cyberian Cam and it works perfect.

Thank you very much
My phone came alive. :)

The only problem is battery drain when the screen is off. very very fast decharge!
Otherwise, the device might hang or soft reboot
For example, when the phone screen is locked. When you open the phone screen it has a bit of leg.
I think this is due to the kernel.
I flashed the RZ kernel v4.0 kernel and the problem was fixed. :D

zmdzmd

Feb 4, 2020

LiquidRemix is a New age mix of all the best ROMs of today with added essence from the older days. Android 9.0 project based from the old lead dev of LiquidSmooth, @Liquid0624, along with @VenkatVV, and community contributors! All features are open source and will stay that way as the community is the most important thing to the project!
Code:

Thanks to:

Installation guide:
  1. Download the ROM
  4. Flash the rom
  8. Reboot.
Download Link:

ROM Information:
Version Information

All of things good
But it doesn't have night mode!!!:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Thanks to:

Installation guide:
    1. Download the ROM
    4. Flash the rom
    8. Reboot.
    Download Link:

ROM Information:
    Version Information
    20190409:
    Initial release

20190619:
    Sync source code to lasted security patch
    Add more QS tile styles
    Add more switch appearance styles
    Add Android Q battery icon
    Fix issue cannot boot to recovery after install Magisk v19
    New build 20190619 is up, check OP!
    5 Star Rom

Amazing Work to you Dev.
    I am using this ROM as my daily drive with rz kernel and cyberian Cam and it works perfect,no issues at all.
    Thanks a lot once again Sir legendstarpro Rashdd and Devs for your hard work in keeping up Xperia Z1 alive up to 2019 :good: :good: :good:
    Thank you so much mate for this ROM. My Z1 is keeping alive even its 2019.