[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][8.1] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
alright since pixelboot thought its a good idea to publish a 16.0 build just compiled from my sources (i had my reasons not to publish one) i will stop working on the s5 neo entirely
i cant stand buildbots and i hate when they just compile with sources from others without any contribution
i will push out a last build later and then im done for now with it (dunno if i will work in the future on it again or not)

thanks everyone for using my builds
and everyone can thank pixelboot for killing s5 neo development

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivan_Meler

Steve Ace

Dec 15, 2018
alright since pixelboot thought its a good idea to publish a 16.0 build just compiled from my sources (i had my reasons not to publish one) i will stop working on the s5 neo entirely
i cant stand buildbots and i hate when they just compile with sources from others without any contribution
i will push out a last build later and then im done for now with it (dunno if i will work in the future on it again or not)

Hi Stricted, thank you for your great work. I find it very sad that you set the work, but it is understandable. I do not think it's alright that others use your work without doing anything themselves and so misuse your work. You all the best and thank you for your great work.

dziubson

Jul 27, 2013
Yes GPS, Bluetooth with Headset and USB Run without problems. only waking up from deep sleep makes problems.
Version 15.1 20190615

Hey,
my father tells me that when the speakerphone is connected, it does not work to issue commands (Google assistant, voice text messaging, voice management). On the other hand, talking via bluetooth proceeds correctly. I exclude a hardware problem because everything on the official Android 6 from Samsung worked properly.
Currently uses the lineage-15.1-20190615-UNOFFICIAL-s5neolte version (it did not work on earlier versions)

kaodd

Dec 27, 2010
Bergen
Vivo V9
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

totally understandable buddy! support u 100 %. i understand LOS is open, but where is morality and honesty in this case. i hope the DL numbers r low.

Steve Ace

Dec 15, 2018
Hey,
my father tells me that when the speakerphone is connected, it does not work to issue commands (Google assistant, voice text messaging, voice management). On the other hand, talking via bluetooth proceeds correctly. I exclude a hardware problem because everything on the official Android 6 from Samsung worked properly.
Currently uses the lineage-15.1-20190615-UNOFFICIAL-s5neolte version (it did not work on earlier versions)

I do not use any asistens services, only hands-free. Thus, the problem is not known to me.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Thank you Stricted for the last update. I now have no problem waking the screen when it was dark longer. It is a pity that you do not continue, but it is completely understandable.

JMek

@Stricted
Im a bit sad, i was waiting patiently for a news from u about the Pie version and i find out this news....
Oh well... Thanks anyways for all the work done up till now, I actually wished i could help u out if wasnt that im overloaded of things to do in life.

PS: Also hope u'll change ur mind on that decision, by maybe confronting PixelBoot and just simply make him remove it from DL waiting for UR release, since its ur sources. Wouldnt be too hard to understand. But, well, once again, ur choice. :highfive:

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
@Stricted
Im a bit sad, i was waiting patiently for a news from u about the Pie version and i find out this news....
Oh well... Thanks anyways for all the work done up till now, I actually wished i could help u out if wasnt that im overloaded of things to do in life.

PS: Also hope u'll change ur mind on that decision, by maybe confronting PixelBoot and just simply make him remove it from DL waiting for UR release, since its ur sources. Wouldnt be too hard to understand. But, well, once again, ur choice. :highfive:
im not sure yet if i will continue or not

my mood to work on this is literally zero at this point

i havent put months of work into it just that someone comes along compiles my work and throws it on xda
there are some bugs and issues on the 16.0 build that prevented me from publishing it
i had good reasons not to publish it
and yet someone comes along and just throws it on xda

Reactions: JMek

PixelBoot

Recognized Developer

i havent put months of work into it just that someone comes along compiles my work and throws it on xda
there are some bugs and issues on the 16.0 build that prevented me from publishing it

We can still agree @Stricted...

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
I do not use any asistens services, only hands-free. Thus, the problem is not known to me.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Thank you Stricted for the last update. I now have no problem waking the screen when it was dark longer. It is a pity that you do not continue, but it is completely understandable.

interesting that the wakeup issue is gone, i havent changed anything that would affect that

MaddogIT

Sep 17, 2018
Gradisca d'Isonzo (GO)

Thank you for all the work done so far. I hope you should find the motivation to work on it again, if not, I will respect you anywy :)

JMek

I'm pretty sure u used some app/theme or w/e that caused to lag the wakeup function. (like a launcher or a cutomization add-on of sort.)
So now it disappeared cause u wiped it for the new build, cause i had no problems with it for what i recall (even with nova launcher on).

Steve Ace

Dec 15, 2018
I'm pretty sure u used some app/theme or w/e that caused to lag the wakeup function. (like a launcher or a cutomization add-on of sort.)
So now it disappeared cause u wiped it for the new build, cause i had no problems with it for what i recall (even with nova launcher on).

I have never used another launcher. Also, I have no apps installed or uninstalled. I only have the update installed. I do not know what it is, but I am glad that probiem no longer appear.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera (except recording)
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Contributors
    Stricted, danwood76
    Old Source Code: https://github.com/Exynos7580/
    New Source Code: https://gitlab.com/Exynos7580/

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-01-15
    Last Updated 2019-01-28
    new build available at https://lineage.stricted.net/s5neoltexx

changelog:
    * fixed in-call audio (thanks to @Mihai14 for testing)
    * nfc should now really work again
    * DRM works now (means netflix wont output errors anymore)
    * screen recording works now
    and probably some other small edits

as some noticed already i provide now OTA updates (i prepared my builds from the beginning for this), these builds will be build automatic every 15th of the month

to anyone who complains about a bug one thing said: im doing this in my free time so i decide what i prioritize and what not
    also im building this rom primary for myself, im getting sick of all the comments that i should fix something asap or that i should prioritize something
    i will fix something when i have a fix for it i cant magically fix everything in 5 seconds
    if that **** doesnt stop i will just stop providing public builds, easy as that

thats also one of the reasons why im not that active here
    after talking to some ppl they convinced me to continue my work ( thanks @Ivan_Meler and @LuciferIII )
    new build 20180315 in post #3
    • calling should be fixed now (only volume control is not working yet)
    • whatsapp bakup error is fixed
    • wifi kernel driver got updated