FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,597 Vote(s)
63.96%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.62%
I don't know.

485 Vote(s)
19.42%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd June 2019, 07:56 PM |#43621  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_l367

Can anyone tell me why fastboot isn't detecting my phone?? I've installed the google USB drivers and I've got latest platform tools. Any idea????

The old Windows tinker in me says that is a sign of the wrong drivers. I understand you have the ones from Google, but Windows likes to think it knows better. Maybe try unhooking the phone and uninstalling all those drivers (both the ones in the Device Manager and whatever you installed from Google). Then reinstall Google's drivers before plugging in the phone. Hopefully that works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cookster128 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cookster128 Ad-Free

23rd June 2019, 09:05 PM |#43622  
Quote:

Yeah , no gapps will work on my phone with that ROM.

Since I won't get a reply in the 6.1 q&a thread , because I'm a noob , I thought I'd ask in the n00b friendly thread :- )

Can anyone tell me why fastboot isn't detecting my phone?? I've installed the google USB drivers and I've got latest platform tools. Any idea??

I asked about your model number already, answering that might help.

Also, give me a link to your ROM thread.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
23rd June 2019, 09:12 PM |#43623  
Flag bendigo
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

I asked about your model number already, answering that might help.

Also, give me a link to your ROM thread.

I gave u the model number , and the thread look closer at my replies. I'm not interested in that rom anyway..
23rd June 2019, 09:21 PM |#43624  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

Nokia 6.1 ta-1068 . thanks!!!

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

This is the thread for the room that fails to install:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...3891636/page87

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

This is the thread for the room that the gapps fails to install:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...3891636/page87

@Droidriven Don't know if that helps, so you don't have to go back through the posts. Seems he just needs to re-flash a less sh*tty ROM and go from there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cookster128 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cookster128 Ad-Free
23rd June 2019, 09:59 PM |#43625  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookster128

@Droidriven Don't know if that helps, so you don't have to go back through the posts. Seems he just needs to re-flash a less sh*tty ROM and go from there.

Yeah, I saw it, I missed it because they didn't quote my post and I didn't get a notification. I'm reading the ROM thread now to see what others are doing about getting Gapps to flash.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
24th June 2019, 03:06 AM |#43626  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,161

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

That is exactly what I was saying, I even asked if they had tried using a nano or pico Gapps. All it would have taken is a search for "nano gapps" or "pico gapps" to see what I was talking about, but nobody takes the time to do searches to understand the answers they get. Everybody just wants someone to hand them their answer so they don't have to figure it out for themselves.

I understand your frustrations as it is a common characteristic across tech forums (XDA and others). I have not formed an opinion on the member you are working with as I was simply trying to help. I see others are engaged so I will stand down.
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
24th June 2019, 03:06 AM |#43627  
Thanks Meter: 589

More
Quote:

Yeah , no gapps will work on my phone with that ROM.

Since I won't get a reply in the 6.1 q&a thread , because I'm a noob , I thought I'd ask in the n00b friendly thread :- )

Can anyone tell me why fastboot isn't detecting my phone?? I've installed the google USB drivers and I've got latest platform tools. Any idea??

I think that the reason why you can´t flash GApps resides probably in how the GSI that you are trying doesn´t suit correctly with your device of course there could be more reasons like a vendor that you flashed before or sometimes is needed to format data then to install the GSI, there´s no way to know exactly for those that don´t own your same device but only an approach, anyway GSIs are not as universal as they are supposed to be, maybe you can find a solution in bugs and fixes section, here´s just an example https://gist.github.com/ZeroInfinity...7cea4a87586fdd and also you can try with https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...9-0-0-t3828515 you can grab logs and post there, is an active thread.

Regarding fastboot I guess that you could enable USB debugging then to mess with GSI flashing so this generic images could sometimes corrupt your table partition, if you can´t solve doing what suggested for other members maybe you have to flash again your rom stock in order to restore it properly (and completely) https://forum.xda-developers.com/nok...sh-restore-sto
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
24th June 2019, 10:07 PM |#43628  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB126

I understand your frustrations as it is a common characteristic across tech forums (XDA and others). I have not formed an opinion on the member you are working with as I was simply trying to help. I see others are engaged so I will stand down.

You were fine, please, continue helping.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
25th June 2019, 12:42 AM |#43629  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,152

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB126

I understand your frustrations as it is a common characteristic across tech forums..........

I agree with @Droidriven! :thumbup:

As one RC to Another...

I know It does get frustrating as times BUT, always remember that (as a personal opinion) it actually does get personally rewarding more times than not.

When others are also providing help, if it's a bit wacky, I've had to help clarify information but, if it's helpful, I just stand back and let them communicate in hopes of a positive outcome.

Don't be discouraged My Friend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
25th June 2019, 08:24 AM |#43630  
Flag bendigo
Thanks Meter: 92

More
I finally got the Nokia flashtool to flash stock rom and fastboot is working aswell after wrestling with a bootlooping phone for two hours , Im not in a hurry to flash any gsi's on my Nokia any time soon.
25th June 2019, 06:00 PM |#43631  
Quote:

I finally got the Nokia flashtool to flash stock rom and fastboot is working aswell after wrestling with a bootlooping phone for two hours , Im not in a hurry to flash any gsi's on my Nokia any time soon.

What did you do to finally get it to connect correctly?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)