FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][MOD]OGYouTube v3.5 Downloader, Popup/Background/ScreenOff Playback [STOPPED]

354 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,290

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from OsamaGhareeb: YouTube (Downloader, Popup, Background & ScreenOff playback)
15th May 2019, 06:35 AM |#7161  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Hi there,
I was using successfully this awesome mod on my oneplus 5 (oos pie), then I changed for Samsung note 9 (pie) and can't log on. It's loading undefinately after "I accept...".
Anyone have an idea what is going on ?
Thanks.

15th May 2019, 07:30 AM |#7162  
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yin67

Hi there,
I was using successfully this awesome mod on my oneplus 5 (oos pie), then I changed for Samsung note 9 (pie) and can't log on. It's loading undefinately after "I accept...".
Anyone have an idea what is going on ?
Thanks.

I did a little research regarding this issue and for what I found out is that it's related to Chrome and Android System webview, in this case if you have either or both apps installed in the phone and they are updated to a version above 74.x.x.x you won't be able to log into ogyoutube, however there is a simple way you can fix this.

What you basically have to do is uninstall/disable the apps mentioned above and then reboot you device.

After your device is back on go make sure to install OGYoutube and MicroG app. Follow the steps to sign I to your account and you should be good to go.

After you log in you can reinstall or enable Chrome/Android System Webview. This issue is not regarding OGYoutube but it's instead a problem from Google.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V-Droid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift V-Droid Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 08:57 AM |#7163  

More
This is a more detailed guide for those that are not able to log into OGYoutube, this is a guide related to another app (YouTube Vanced) but it worked for me.

Ahead I'll mention the steps I followed to fix this issue but if you like you can also read the full guide quoted below.

1.- Uninstall/disable Google Chrome and/or Android System Webview and then reboot you device.

2.- After your device is back on, make sure to install OGYoutube and MicroG app.

3.- Follow the steps to sign into your account

4.- After you log in you can reinstall or enable Chrome/Android System Webview.

I also have to mention that this information is not my property and any credits go to the people that found a solution to this issue

On a side note, magisk version and root version of YouTube Vanced do not experience the log in issues, only the version that uses MicroG (same as OGYoutube)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhorsemanwarLGN

Before i start my name is Red i'm one of the admins in YouTube Vanced Telegram chat Click here to join and after i got few people sending messages related to this issue i'll post 4 workaround solutions.
Me and @Logan made a small investigation about this and this is related to WebView and Chrome, Technically Chrome v74+ is causing Log In issues any other version should work fine.
Also Android System WebView is causing Log In issues (didn't test any version yet but v74 was confirmed to cause login issues)
THAT MEANS NO 75 BETA WOULD WORK, ONLY VERSIONS UNDER 74 WILL.

First Possible Fix:
1. Go to WebView app in the Google Play Store by visiting this Link . (in case there is no button to enable just disable chrome and try again , if there is no button still just continue)
You will see instead of install button another button which it says Enable and tap it.
2. Go to Settings -> Apps -> Chrome and remove all updates OR disable it which is better.
3. Go to Settings -> Apps -> Chrome and wipe data and cache
4. Go to Settings -> Apps -> MicroG and wipe data and cache
5. Go to Settings -> Apps -> YouTube Vanced and wipe data and cache
after you are done try to log in, in case you still couldn't force close Chrome, YouTube vanced and MicroG then reboot your phone and try again.
now if what i said above didn't work continue to 2nd fix and if it did actually work you can enable and update chrome it should all be fine.

Second Possible Fix:
downgrade chrome to any version other than v74, and do 3,4 and 5 from First Possible Fix
how to downgrade for devices that doesn't have pre-installed chrome v74:
1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> Chrome and remove all updates.
2. Go to this link.
3. Download any version that is under 74, i suggest 73,.....,69 not less.
4. Go to Settings -> Apps -> Chrome wipe data and cache and install the update you've got from the link above.
RedHorsemanWar and logan.

Third Possible Fix: Thanks to @Darkat70

Fourth Possible FixFor Android Q users)
roll back to Android Pie, Then use the workaround provided above and update back to Android Q. (Tested by one user and the user confirmed it works fine)

so what i've tried so far and didn't work:
Disabling/uninstalling/downgrading chrome and/or WebView on android Q (without using root)
if you tried everything and nothing seems to work for you in my opinion (completely up to you) is to root your device and switch to root version.

those are the current options for you until MicroG update their app

Over 90 users confirmed this workaround (over XDA, Telegram and discord) that it helped them out and the count is still going on

Explanation to why this issue happened and why it is NOT RELATED to Vanced Team:
as an example to make it easy for noobs consider you got a car and you need gas to run the car.
The car is YouTube Vanced and the gas is MicroG so if you want to log in you need MicroG app (talking about non-root version)
Google updated their sign-in from their server side and with chrome and webview having this new update and MicroG didn't implement the new update into their app it caused this sort of issue so this completely unrelated to Vanced Team this is completely related to Google and MicroG

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to V-Droid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift V-Droid Ad-Free
18th May 2019, 06:16 AM |#7164  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Droid

I did a little research regarding this issue and for what I found out is that it's related to Chrome and Android System webview, in this case if you have either or both apps installed in the phone and they are updated to a version above 74.x.x.x you won't be able to log into ogyoutube, however there is a simple way you can fix this.

What you basically have to do is uninstall/disable the apps mentioned above and then reboot you device.

After your device is back on go make sure to install OGYoutube and MicroG app. Follow the steps to sign I to your account and you should be good to go.

After you log in you can reinstall or enable Chrome/Android System Webview. This issue is not regarding OGYoutube but it's instead a problem from Google.

Thank you very much, it worked as you said ! I just can't download videos, got an error. I checked autorisations, they are all enabled. Tried clear app cache and stockage, Still the same. Do you have an idea ?
18th May 2019, 09:19 AM |#7165  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yin67

Thank you very much, it worked as you said ! I just can't download videos, got an error. I checked autorisations, they are all enabled. Tried clear app cache and stockage, Still the same. Do you have an idea ?

As far as I know video/audio downloads stopped working so unfortunately I can't help.you out with that 😕
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V-Droid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift V-Droid Ad-Free
18th May 2019, 02:05 PM |#7166  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Droid

As far as I know video/audio downloads stopped working so unfortunately I can't help.you out with that 😕

It was working in my oneplus 5... Anyway, thank you for your help
26th June 2019, 07:34 AM |#7167  
Flag Al Ain
Thanks Meter: 4

More
i am using Havoc 2.6 Pie rom on my galaxy note 3 (n9005).. thanks for the tips on Android Webview thing.. i can login ogyoutube and audio/video download works fine..!
using Ogyoutube 12.10.60-3.5T and microG 0.2.4-81 ... downgraded Android webview to v73 ..
12th September 2019, 07:32 PM |#7168  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Will installing that required MicroG break my Google Apps like Google Play and others? Or will it only be used by your app? I am not breaking any default Google App for any app.
15th September 2019, 07:06 PM |#7169  
Flag Al Ain
Thanks Meter: 4

More
havoc 2.9 Pie rom (device: hlte)
OGYouTube download doesn't work anymore (invalid parameters error).. Signing in and watching videos without ads work..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)