Asus Zenfone 6 Google Camera APK/Gcam Mod

Search This thread

kroppy

Jan 6, 2018
Huawei phones show 8000x6000 but it's only number on third party app.
I can make sure it's a resized enlarged version of 12mp

I'm confused, what do you mean by only a number on third party app?
When you open RAW (dng) file in lightroom and hover over the image, what hint says?
I know that honor 20 view has real RAW close to 48mp. I'm asking about Zenfone and Gcam.

ueJ6BRK.jpg

Last edited:

harysviewty

Oct 19, 2016
I'm confused, what do you mean by only a number on third party app?
When you open RAW (dng) file in lightroom and hover over the image, what hint says?
I know that honor 20 view has real RAW close to 48mp. I'm asking about Zenfone and Gcam.
I mean, if u use apps like opencamera on Huawei 48mp, it's 8000x6000 but the results looks identical to stock 12mp, not stock 48mp

kroppy

Jan 6, 2018
Just took a photo with GCAM, RAW file is 7984x5984, 96 MB

Just to confirm, since 96MB sounds right, is it dng file in sdcard/pictures/raw? Like it was usually with Gcam?
If so, I'm gonna get this phone!
Thanks!

I mean, if u use apps like opencamera on Huawei 48mp, it's 8000x6000 but the results looks identical to stock 12mp, not stock 48mp

What I need is RAW without jpg compression, also, I need files bigger than 4096px on every edge. jpg, however big, does not cut it for me, also 12mp raw is too small as it's only 3000px. I shoot textures for a videogame with Nokia and resize pictures to around 60-70% to get sharpness, but jpg artifacts are a no go for this use as I can't get good normal maps. That's why I was waiting years for any phone to get bigger RAW pictures. Huawei was a candidate, but it costs too much.

Last edited:

EG8196

May 15, 2012

Arnova8G2

Sep 22, 2012
Sorry not to respond quickly

Excellent! Thanks man. Also I went to page 10 and saw Arnova's post with an attached image with info from a dng file. :good: :victory:
Yes, DNG to super or ultra high resolution, but it takes a lot of memory.
Thank you for your effort, but this version is not working on my phone, It quits after I accept the permissions. I did try clear data, but no help.
But your latest beta is working fine on my phone (Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.1.190614.0200)

Thanks
Last beta versions for ZenFone 6, which are more stable and faster
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-arnova8G2-beta/

Can you post a sample taken with the Gcam?
I will share some captures soon

mammenj

Sep 12, 2010

WhatGear

Jun 30, 2019
London
Zenfone 6 Vs Zenfone 6 Gam video

Hey guys I made a YT video comparing this Gcam mod versus the stock camera. I'll post the link here if you guys want? I don't want to spam the forum with my content if not.

Monnq

Mar 9, 2015
I am not sure if there is sth wrong with my device or anything but I installed the newest GCam beta apk, cleared the cache but for me, HDR+ nor HDR+ Enhanced doesn't seem to make any difference compared to HDR-less photos

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
Hey guys I made a YT video comparing this Gcam mod versus the stock camera. I'll post the link here if you guys want? I don't want to spam the forum with my content if not.

Per the forum rules, you may not use XDA to promote your YouTube channel or videos. You may link a video to supplement a post with meaningful written content, but you may not simply tell users to see your videos.
5. Create a thread topic or post a message only once, this includes external links & streaming media.
As a large forum, we don't need unnecessary clutter. You're free to edit your message as you like, so if you do not receive an answer, revisit your message and see if you can describe your problem better. Not everyone is online at the same time so it might take a while before you receive an answer.
  • You can bump your unanswered question once every 24 hours
  • Duplicate threads and posts will be removed
  • Always post in an existing thread if a topic already exists, before creating a new thread.
  • Use our search function to find the best forum for your device.
  • Links to an external source are only allowed if relevant to the topic in hand. A description must be included, no copy & pasting from the original source.
  • Self-promotion is forbidden, this includes blogs, social media and video channels etc. Random links will be removed.

DoubleM101

Oct 7, 2011

Thanks for you video. I think it's the only one i ever saw showing the differences between stock and Gcam on Zenfone 6.

By the way, did you already got WW_16.1210.1906.156_0 update?

It seems Night mode was improved. I'm really curious to see how it goes. Preferably photos taken with the phone really steady, not handled because it seems it also makes a difference. It detects if the phone is stable and takes more photos, achieving a greater quality.

I guess thats why some Night Mode photos seems to be really bad, most people takes photos with the phone handled.

And that would be another nice comparison... handled vs steady Night Mode photos.

Top Liked Posts