FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[INDEX] Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 - ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, Themes, MODs [14th Dec '15]

666 posts
Thanks Meter: 750

Post Reply Email Thread
25th June 2019, 12:55 PM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierma32

@ruben15prd
IMG Files can you flash with your existing TWRP
You see a Button flash Zip and on the right flash Img

@bierma32, thanks for you reply.

I see this options TWRP options in TWRP 2.7.0.1, I didn´t find a option to flash .img, only zip files.

I copied the "recovery.img" in external_sd and is not showing. Also I tried to compress the recovery.img in zip format and now is showing in TWRP menu, but when i flash it, gives a error.

To flash cyanogenmod 11 without updating recovery I have modified the "updater-script" inside rom package replacing set_metadata_recursive by set_perm_recursive, and now didn´t show an error while flashing, but i´m stuck in a bootloop, i will try to take a log from /proc/dmsg to see what is failling at boot time, but this logs seems to be cleared every time the device starts.

I will keep searching.

Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	4782542   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	4782543  

25th June 2019, 01:26 PM |#172  
Flag Muncie, IN
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben15prd

I see this options

TWRP options
in TWRP 2.7.0.1, I didn´t find a option to flash .img, only zip files.

I copied the "recovery.img" in external_sd and is not showing. Also I tried to compress the recovery.img in zip format and now is showing in TWRP menu, but when i flash it, gives a error.

To flash cyanogenmod 11 without updating recovery I have modified the "updater-script" inside rom package replacing set_metadata_recursive by set_perm_recursive, and now didn´t show an error while flashing, but i´m stuck in a bootloop, i will try to take a log from /proc/dmsg to see what is failling at boot time, but this logs seems to be cleared every time the device starts.

I will keep searching.

Thanks for the help.

When you are in the Install section there should be a drop down box that lets you choose between "Install Zip" or "Install Img."

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to RealWelder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RealWelder Ad-Free
26th June 2019, 01:23 PM |#173  
Flag @lower saxony
Thanks Meter: 354

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWelder

When you are in the Install section there should be a drop down box that lets you choose between "Install Zip" or "Install Img."

I was thinking that this Option was able from TWRP 2.7.x but it is possible that is included from 2.8.7..x
The Following User Says Thank You to bierma32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bierma32 Ad-Free
28th June 2019, 04:37 PM |#174  
Flag Muncie, IN
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Can you get a rooted shell going while in TWRP? If so you can flash manually with dd command.

You would first have to do

ls -l /dev/block/platform/.../.../by-name/

The parts with the dots are different depending on the device.

Once that command is ran, it will list all of the partitions on the phone by name and block number. I think on mine recovery was 7, it's been a while, though.

So then you would use your dd command like this:

dd if=/storage/externalSD/recovery.img of=mmcblk0p7

("if" path could be different depending on where you put the recovery and then just select the correct dev block for recovery in the "of" part)

Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to RealWelder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RealWelder Ad-Free
2nd July 2019, 03:27 AM |#175  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben15prd

I see this options

TWRP options
in TWRP 2.7.0.1, I didn´t find a option to flash .img, only zip files.

I will keep searching.

Thanks for the help.

I have a spare SM-T110 that I would be very interested in using to assist you trouble shooting. Do you have a link to your created CM11? Also where did you get the proprietary blobs from for it for making the rom? I began hunting to do it yesterday and was stumped as to where they are at (making a rom for the SM-T110 would be my first attempt, but not the first flashing/rooting/etc on other devices)...
The Following User Says Thank You to Americancosworth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Americancosworth Ad-Free
2nd July 2019, 09:03 PM |#176  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierma32

I was thinking that this Option was able from TWRP 2.7.x but it is possible that is included from 2.8.7..x

I couldn´t find in 2.7.0.1 maybe it´s only included from 2.8.7.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Quote:

Can you get a rooted shell going while in TWRP? If so you can flash manually with dd command.

Once that command is ran, it will list all of the partitions on the phone by name and block number. I think on mine recovery was 7, it's been a while, though.

("if" path could be different depending on where you put the recovery and then just select the correct dev block for recovery in the "of" part)

Hope this helps.

Seems to be a nice idea, tomorrow will try it.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americancosworth

I have a spare SM-T110 that I would be very interested in using to assist you trouble shooting. Do you have a link to your created CM11? Also where did you get the proprietary blobs from for it for making the rom? I began hunting to do it yesterday and was stumped as to where they are at (making a rom for the SM-T110 would be my first attempt, but not the first flashing/rooting/etc on other devices)...

I don´t have uploaded cm11 already because I don´t want to broke devices, I prefer at least a booting rom to share , If you want to check the rom, I can provide you the zip with cm11 through gmail, or google drive .

I got the sources from http://opensource.samsung.com/ but i have searched for our sm-t110 and nothing is appearing today, maybe is a temporal error. Although i have uploaded to my github account that is: https://github.com/ruben15prd/propie...amsung-sm-t110 and also I keep the original downloaded zip.

Thanks to all for the help.
3rd July 2019, 05:07 PM |#177  

More
Quote:

Hope this helps.

With this method you can flash the recovery.img.

In particular my recovery´s partition was on mmcblk0p9 so I have executed:

dd if=/external_sd/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9

Now, tablet keeps rebooting but for sure is that TWRP needs some tweaks to boot.

Thanks.
1st August 2019, 10:13 AM |#178  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
TWRP loop on SM-T111
Hi Guys,

i have a stock ROM and flashed the TWRP but whet i try to use it the tablet get stuck in a loop showing the TWRP logo.
Then i flashed back the stock recovery and it works fine.

The strange thing is that the first time i used the TWRP, it worked smoothly but when i rebooted the problem started.
Now how can i flash a custom ROM without TWRP working? Please help me if you can.

I have already cleared the cache using the stock recovery.
Thank you
12th August 2019, 08:04 PM |#179  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlessandroM

Hi Guys,

i have a stock ROM and flashed the TWRP but whet i try to use it the tablet get stuck in a loop showing the TWRP logo.
Then i flashed back the stock recovery and it works fine.

The strange thing is that the first time i used the TWRP, it worked smoothly but when i rebooted the problem started.
Now how can i flash a custom ROM without TWRP working? Please help me if you can.

I have already cleared the cache using the stock recovery.
Thank you

Hi,

I don´t have the sm-t111 but...
- Have you tried to flash stock rom and make all wipes?
- Are you using the specific TWRP for your device?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kernel, mod, rom, tab3 7.0

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)