FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[INITSCRIPT] screenstate_scaling - switch CPU freq governor on screen state change

558 posts
Thanks Meter: 218

By FloHimself, Senior Member on 29th August 2010, 03:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th March 2011, 10:04 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
seems like it's becoming time to write a completely new governor for mobile devices that takes into account screen state as well as cpu load.

21st March 2011, 02:39 AM |#62  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4zD

seems like it's becoming time to write a completely new governor for mobile devices that takes into account screen state as well as cpu load.

Smartass governor will restrict CPU to 384 when screen is off.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
24th March 2011, 04:09 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Hi guys,

i tried it out with CM7 Nightly Build 30 on Bravo but it stocks on splashscreen. Im looking what's the reason or does anybody have the same problem ?
permissions etc. are correct - when removing script via recovery device boots correctly....
2nd April 2011, 01:21 PM |#64  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 837

More
@Flo ... Great work on screenstate_scaling! Just wanted to say thanks, and hope you don't mind, but I've combined your script with collin_ph's battery saver and hardcore's VM speedmods and come up with something called SS4N1 (Screen State for Nexus One). It has a config script "sscfg" which can be run from adb or terminal and enables users to make changes on-the-fly. Source is available in the update zip in my signature.

Keep on keeping on ...
The Following User Says Thank You to ch33kybutt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ch33kybutt Ad-Free
AspenTree
9th April 2011, 01:00 AM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyexp

Hi guys,

i tried it out with CM7 Nightly Build 30 on Bravo but it stocks on splashscreen. Im looking what's the reason or does anybody have the same problem ?
permissions etc. are correct - when removing script via recovery device boots correctly....

Same ..

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA Premium App
6th July 2011, 12:09 AM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
hi,

since tried the script a while is gone and i restartet testing with the following result:

when i try to write a value to the governor it get the following message:

echo powersave > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
cannot create /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor: directory nonexistent

has anybody a solution for it ??
9th August 2011, 07:06 PM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyexp

hi,

since tried the script a while is gone and i restartet testing with the following result:

when i try to write a value to the governor it get the following message:

echo powersave > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
cannot create /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor: directory nonexistent

has anybody a solution for it ??

put "powersave" else powersave
4th July 2019, 06:40 AM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Actually this work(?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)