[ROM][9.0.0_r35][Unofficial][LineageOS 16.0] [OSPREY] [20190420]

Search This thread

frits889

Feb 8, 2019
encryption corrupting /data

Hello,
All seems to work :), except encryption :(. The /data partition get corrupted when doing encryption with no password/PIN and with a PIN. At the end of the encryption (time remaining 00.000), all halts, and when restarting the system will not boot. Wiping and reformatting /data is needed to restore a working backup.
Can someone tell me a working procedure to encrypt the phone (in detail)? :D
Thanks!

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
sourceforge.net
Last edited:
Reactions: saikat08 and htw1

mumfordfan

Aug 6, 2013
Hello,
All seems to work :), except encryption :(. The /data partition get corrupted when doing encryption with no password/PIN and with a PIN. At the end of the encryption (time remaining 00.000), all halts, and when restarting the system will not boot. Wiping and reformatting /data is needed to restore a working backup.
Can someone tell me a working procedure to encrypt the phone (in detail)? :D
Thanks!

In this post : https://xdaforums.com/sho...postcount=6000 squid2 is telling us he needs to update TWRP to get encryption working on LOS 15. So that might be the reason it won't work on LOS 16.

frits889

Feb 8, 2019
In this post : https://xdaforums.com/sho...postcount=6000 squid2 is telling us he needs to update TWRP to get encryption working on LOS 15. So that might be the reason it won't work on LOS 16.
Thank you for this suggestion. If TWRP is the problem, 3.3.0-0, 3.3.1-0, and 3.2.3-r1 do not work for encryption (this last one is from squid2, https://xdaforums.com/2015-moto-g/orig-development/twrp-twrp-moto-g-2015-t3170537, which I like better than the official release).
The process I follow: install LOS 16.0, set a PIN, start encryption. It processes 0-100%, and stops with time remaining 00:00 forever.
After this rebooting fails. I wipe all partitions in TWRP, but wiping /data fails. To fix /data I first format as ext2, after that as e2fs. After this I can restore from a working backup.

LineageUser

Oct 11, 2018
May i ask a perhaps stupid Question?
I installed on my Osprey device LineageOS 14.1 just in the time the official Support from Moto was cancelled.
I was able to follow the steps given in teh lineageos-homepage an was successfull in installing the custom rom.
After that updats were over the air - an i never had to touch "linux" again. It worked for a long time.
Now 14.1 has gone and after a while hoping that a new official lineageos would start i now think there will be no official any-more.

When i install this rom over the air updates will not come like on official lineageos.

Do i have to do the installation-procedure each time a new "security" rom is installed or is it possible to install new builds with security fixes just over the old versions without further work (addin google account, reinstall apps and there date etc.)
In this case it would be always a couple of hours of work.

Reactions: saikat08

saikat08

Jul 27, 2019
New Delhi
perfect stable custom rom for osprey but facing 1 minor issue

this rom is probably the best rom for moto g3 osprey so far , as it hasnt any bugs and is very stable . i have been using it for the last 2 days and i think its perfect for daily driver . thank you so much devs for making this rom and keeping the osprey alive:eek::eek:.
but i have noticed one minor bug that is after rebooting the sd card doesnt mounts on its own , although it shows that it is mounted but it isnt actually . i have to unmount the sd card then again mount it , only after that it shows the files on the sd card. once this is done there is no need to do it again unless i restart it . i noticed this issue as i wasnt able to find my song collection on the google play music , but it was on the sd card, so when i did these steps , after that the music player showed the songs .

Last edited:

yitpab

Mar 22, 2019
this rom is probably the best rom for moto g3 osprey so far , as it hasnt any bugs and is very stable . i have been using it for the last 2 days and i think its perfect for daily driver . thank you so much devs for making this rom and keeping the osprey alive:eek::eek:.
but i have noticed one minor bug that is after rebooting the sd card doesnt mounts on its own , although it shows that it is mounted but it isnt actually . i have to unmount the sd card then again mount it , only after that it shows the files on the sd card. once this is done there is no need to do it again unless i restart it . i noticed this issue as i wasnt able to find my song collection on the google play music , but it was on the sd card, so when i did these steps , after that the music player showed the songs .

Is the encryption issue fixed?

saikat08

Jul 27, 2019
New Delhi
New @chil360's build: lineage-16.0-20190707-UNOFFICIAL-osprey.zip
==> https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=270857&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

Manual update via TWRP works fine!

About changelog: https://www.lineageoslog.com/16.0
==> The changes till the release date are usually merged by @chil360.

Among others: july security paches uploaded.

Thanx @chil360 !

is it ok to do dirty flash over previous version , or do i need to do clean flash ? im currently on v [20190420]. also is the encryption issue solved on this version ?

Last edited:

saikat08

Jul 27, 2019
New Delhi
reply to my own post

is it ok to do dirty flash over previous version , or do i need to do clean flash ? im currently on v [20190420]. also is the encryption issue solved on this version ?

yes it does works with dirty flash , no need to do clean flash to install monthly updates provided by the dev.
encryption issue not resolved yet .

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

May i ask a perhaps stupid Question?
I installed on my Osprey device LineageOS 14.1 just in the time the official Support from Moto was cancelled.
I was able to follow the steps given in teh lineageos-homepage an was successfull in installing the custom rom.
After that updats were over the air - an i never had to touch "linux" again. It worked for a long time.
Now 14.1 has gone and after a while hoping that a new official lineageos would start i now think there will be no official any-more.

When i install this rom over the air updates will not come like on official lineageos.

Do i have to do the installation-procedure each time a new "security" rom is installed or is it possible to install new builds with security fixes just over the old versions without further work (addin google account, reinstall apps and there date etc.)
In this case it would be always a couple of hours of work.

just do dirty flash to install monthly updates- download the whole zip (from your pc too incase you want that) , and goto TWRP->Install zip-> Choose zip -> Installation complete ->wipe cache and dalvik-> Reboot

no need to do the whole installation procedure ( clean flash ) which you have done to install this new custom rom .

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Is the encryption issue fixed?

not yet .

BoiSlipp

Mar 17, 2017
Ever since I installed this ROM, my battery has been draining insanely fast. It goes from 100% to 15% in like 4-6 hours with barely any use. Is there a way to fix this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Bluetooth
    • Dual-SIM
    • Wi-Fi
    • Camera
    • Video Recording
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Led
    • Offline Charging
    • SELinux Enforcing

What's not working :
    • You tell me :D

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Lineage version:
    Lineage Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    LineageSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    Dual SIM:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Credits :
    Contributors
    anisgvr
    chil360

NOTE:
    Thanks a lot and lot to chil360 ( Kyle Harrison ) for his work in osprey . He helped a lot in bringing up pie for the device. Whole credits goes to him .

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-08-28
    Last Updated 2019-04-20
    Seems like you are on a roll with custom roms for osprey, @anisgvr. :):). Thanks for keeping osprey alive with your work:good:good:. Any plans to make the LOS build official?

No one in community can make los official As of now because los needs the guy who brought up tree ... unfortunately Alberto97 is no longer developing for osprey.. and we have to wait some magic from sultan Qasim Khan (squid)
    New @chil360's build: lineage-16.0-20190707-UNOFFICIAL-osprey.zip
    ==> https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=270857&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

Manual update via TWRP works fine!

About changelog: https://www.lineageoslog.com/16.0
    ==> The changes till the release date are usually merged by @chil360.

Among others: july security paches uploaded.

Thanx @chil360 !
    Works!
    Coming from ressurection 7.0.2 wich face unlocks without to swipe up, not stable enough though.
    Hope this ROM is more stable...