FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tool][Windows] Control a device with a broken screen. Now with touchscreen support!!

148 posts
Thanks Meter: 249

By k.janku1, Senior Member on 18th June 2014, 12:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th May 2019, 09:56 AM |#401  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

If you can boot into TWRP, you can connect to PC and use adb commands to enable USB debugging.

Just do a search for:

"How to enable USB debugging via TWRP"

Or

"How to enable USB debugging via adb"

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Hey there, thanks for your reply. So I went to TWRP, connected the phone to the computer, adb sees the device, I ran the commands without the extra " in the end (I assume that was a typo right? because otherwise it doesnt work) and I assume that USB debugging is now ON because I can access my phone from the computer when it is booted normally (not in recovery)
However I cannot get your program to work, it doesn't detect the device for some reason? I ran with admin rights too, and I chose for adb executable the correct location (c:/adb/adb.exe)
Do I actually need to download the whole android SDK thing for this to work?

8th July 2019, 09:57 PM |#402  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Galaxy S6 Egde
Hi there guys

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge with a broken screen (no image and no inputs). Phone is stock ROM and USB debugging not enabled.
How do I boot into recovery if I cannot see what is happening on the screen when I press the required button combination, in order to use ADB to set the phone to USB debugging enabled. I have seen some refer to method of downloading firmware (would this be from the net or somehow extract the firmware from the phone) and then change the build.prop to enable USB debugging and then flash the firmware to the phone (how do you flash if USB debugging is not enabled?)
Sorry I am a total noob. I once or twice rooted a Samsung Note 1 and Motorola Zoom tablet, but only by following the steps given.
Please help
9th July 2019, 11:10 AM |#403  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Samsung S6 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Divjakovski

for people who dont have adb enabled, i suggest you contact a kernel developer to automatically enable it in the default.prop and sideload the kernel in recovery!
i broke my S3 on stock so nothing was enabled.
i enabled adb via the default.prop and compiled the kernel and flashed in recovery(sideload).
now i have full control over the device.
thanks for the tool mate! i hope to see it cross compiled for linux soon aswell

Hi there
I have a Galaxy S6 Egde with broken screen. Black and unresponsive. Where can I get hold of a developer to enable USB in the default.prop and where can i get details on how to sideload the kernel if I am unable to see if the phone is actually going into the boot recovery.
Please help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, broken, control, screen, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)