FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[All XDA Members] Requests to Moderators and Admins

17,742 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,351

By NotATreoFan, Developer & Moderator Committees, and More on 6th November 2012, 04:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th July 2019, 02:50 PM |#3321  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 6,054

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by methuselah

I guess something stops vpn connections on xda. When I use to study at my University, there use to connect everything except Facebook and stuff. But as soon as even a single vpn use to start kick in, it never use to connect. It was a nightmare. May xda uses something to detect vpn if possible idk otherwise.

No problems here in the simultaneous use of XDA and VPN.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VPN.PNG
Views:	64
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	4790666  

11th July 2019, 03:27 PM |#3322  
Flag Anchorage
Thanks Meter: 20,885

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by methuselah

I guess something stops vpn connections on xda. When I use to study at my University, there use to connect everything except Facebook and stuff. But as soon as even a single vpn use to start kick in, it never use to connect. It was a nightmare. May xda uses something to detect vpn if possible idk otherwise.

I know that when using a VPN sometimes I will get long load times due to it blocking all ads and Java scripts. But then again you get issues like this where there is something clearly wrong lol

But then you get something like this. Where something is clearly wrong
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	4790690  
11th July 2019, 06:48 PM |#3323  
Thanks Meter: 697

More
A request to mods /admins...there is this one thread for Kingroot at https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-5-0-t3107461. The exploit is pretty much useless post Android 7 (Nougat). Most of us experienced members understand this, but this forum is teeming with fresh new young members with shiny new fondleslabs running stock ROMs at Android 8+, who unnecessarily try to root their devices using this app. For those who are aware, the app is known to harvest phone data (imei/IMSI/ other private stuff of your device fingerprint) in order to push a root exploit for ones phone,and the app/thread was taken down from our community for this, till it was reinstated.

I would like to submit a request for taking down this app and thread, since a majority of devices in use are not rootable by this app. Those who argue that older devices still exist, these older devices are mostly in the hands of older, more experienced members, who can root, twrp, dual boot and make their device loop the loop, without the need of this app, and in all probabilities, would keep well clear of this method. Kindly consider my request, please.

Alternately, I would request if the OP can prove that his app is still valid and can root newer devices, or else his app be declared redundant, and the thread closed. Post Nougat, SuperSU and kingroot is a dead concept with Magisk being the preferred root method....

Thanks.
11th July 2019, 07:52 PM |#3324  
Thanks Meter: 1,994

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

I know that when using a VPN sometimes I will get long load times due to it blocking all ads and Java scripts. But then again you get issues like this where there is something clearly wrong lol

But then you get something like this. Where something is clearly wrong

Lol. I saw this too long ago while I try to use tor browser .. it's been so long to see you there the best more mod I ever know 🙂.. I hope you are doing well
12th July 2019, 04:44 AM |#3325  
Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - Free Your Mind
Flag The Matrix
Thanks Meter: 32,182

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _that

Situation: I have my list of subscribed threads, 5 of them have new posts. I click them one by one to open in a new tab. Way too often I'm getting this, sometimes even as early as on the third click:

429 Rate Limited

Whoa there, hold your horses! We've detected a lot of requests coming from your IP and have rate limited you. Please check your configuration and try again.

Could the rate limit be raised a little bit so that at least regular manual interaction with the site works without errors?

The struggle is real, even for the rest of the staff lol. You’ll just have to take your horses to the old town road and ride, err, hold them like the rest of us.

fyi, we’ve brought this up before to the system admin it it wouldn’t hurt to ask again.

Sent from the Real World
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)