589 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,299

Post Reply Email Thread
11th July 2019, 01:55 AM |#13571  
Thanks Meter: 3,203

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43t34

Mind me asking how to keep Magisk auto-updated? Which script is it in your Odds and Ends post? I installed Magisk.

EDIT: For what it's worth, AdAway worked fine with Magisk installed. Had to resort to using Magisk instead of AddonSU.

If you're using su add-on from lineage, have you gone into developer options to check if you've granted root permission? It will have options like, apps, apps and ADB, and none.
You need to give root permission, basically turning on root. Select apps or apps and ADB and try adaway again.
If it was set to none, you're not giving adaway permission to write to system. Hence the message, "not enough room on partition". It can't write to /system.
When you ran adaway, did it ask for superuser permission?
The Following User Says Thank You to madbat99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madbat99 Ad-Free

11th July 2019, 02:58 AM |#13572  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbat99

If you're using su add-on from lineage, have you gone into developer options to check if you've granted root permission? It will have options like, apps, apps and ADB, and none.
You need to give root permission, basically turning on root. Select apps or apps and ADB and try adaway again.
If it was set to none, you're not giving adaway permission to write to system. Hence the message, "not enough room on partition". It can't write to /system.
When you ran adaway, did it ask for superuser permission?

Yeah, those permissions were already given.
12th July 2019, 05:17 AM |#13573  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I rooted OnePlus 7 Pro and wanted to make OTA update. But as a newbie I didn't turn off fingerprint lock before reboot. OP 7 Pro just froze after reboot on PIN screen and turned off to stock recovery. I could only make a hard reset. After that my OP 7 Pro turned on. I make one more time root process - fastboot boot twrp.img > in TWRP Install Recovery Ramdisk from twrp.img > Flash Magisk.zip. But now Adaway doesn't work and I tried everything - granted root access, permission to write in memory, in adaway systemless option turn on same in Magisk. Can you please help me? Uninstall and install adaway didn't help me. Everything looks good but advertises are still display.
12th July 2019, 05:48 AM |#13574  
Thanks Meter: 274

More
Guys can you tell me about the adaway webserver question if I'm using Firefox with ublock origin medium mode would having the adaway websever on be beneficial for me I have never used it quite frankly I have adaway frozen in icebox and I defrost it from time to time to see if my host file has a update and I put it back in the freezer

(9//9)
12th July 2019, 09:45 AM |#13575  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayeros

I rooted OnePlus 7 Pro and wanted to make OTA update. But as a newbie I didn't turn off fingerprint lock before reboot. OP 7 Pro just froze after reboot on PIN screen and turned off to stock recovery. I could only make a hard reset. After that my OP 7 Pro turned on. I make one more time root process - fastboot boot twrp.img > in TWRP Install Recovery Ramdisk from twrp.img > Flash Magisk.zip. But now Adaway doesn't work and I tried everything - granted root access, permission to write in memory, in adaway systemless option turn on same in Magisk. Can you please help me? Uninstall and install adaway didn't help me. Everything looks good but advertises are still display.

Mayby the url which delivers the advertises aren't in one of default ad blocker lists?
Try to add the url manually.
12th July 2019, 10:07 AM |#13576  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nah, advertising is everywhere...
12th July 2019, 06:13 PM |#13577  
Flag Garden State
Thanks Meter: 386

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayeros

Nah, advertising is everywhere...

Use private dns adguard if you're on Pie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190712-131142.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	4791245  
The Following User Says Thank You to Caltinpla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Caltinpla Ad-Free
13th July 2019, 12:07 AM |#13578  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,066

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltinpla

Use private dns adguard if you're on Pie

No problems with AdAway on Pie here...
The Following User Says Thank You to guest4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guest4711 Ad-Free
13th July 2019, 01:18 AM |#13579  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 670

More
I can confirm that AdAway even works on Android 10 Q.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xell75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xell75 Ad-Free
13th July 2019, 01:50 AM |#13580  
Flag S.Jersey
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xell75

I can confirm that AdAway even works on Android 10 Q.

Yes it works great.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to vandyman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vandyman Ad-Free
13th July 2019, 07:35 PM |#13581  
Thanks Meter: 500

More
Sorry if I missed this, but 13k+ posts is a lot to read through...

When I reboot my phone, I always have to re-enable systemless mode and enable Adaway again. Is this normal behavior?

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Sorry if I missed this, but 13k+ posts is a lot to read through...

When I reboot my phone, I always have to re-enable systemless mode and enable Adaway again. Is this normal behavior?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)