Thanks Meter: 0

By scthomps, Junior Member on 23rd January 2013, 04:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th March 2013, 12:32 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Which recovery are you using to flash the repair zips? It needs to be at least 3.2.0.1. Don't use that 3.0.1.0. Don't worry about those E: messages, it just means cache is not formatted.

It is sounding like the first step of the repartitioning is not taking. That is fixing partition one. I'll be right back with another zip to see if you can flash that.

Try the attached and see what happens. You can also try the bootable TWRP to flash rather than CWM. I have that linked in that partition fix thread.

Sent from my Nook HD+ running CM10 on Hybrid SD

thanks a lot!

I did try with the 3.2.0.1 recovery and the flash you posted above. It is still sticking at the 'repartitioning internal memory' step...I also tried your TWRP bootable, but that still sticks at the loading screen.

I can't find my external sd writer, so I've been writing/burning using in internal writer in two different laptops and a camera in mass storage mode. I ordered a SD writer from amazon...should get it on Wednesday. I wonder if my issues are just with writing/burning the SD card..

I'll report back when I get the new writer and guess I might as well try another card too.

10th March 2013, 12:39 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 3,880

Donate to Me
More
Re: Completely Dead Nook Color CM10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginhead

thanks a lot!

I did try with the 3.2.0.1 recovery and the flash you posted above. It is still sticking at the 'repartitioning internal memory' step...I also tried your TWRP bootable, but that still sticks at the loading screen.

I can't find my external sd writer, so I've been writing/burning using in internal writer in two different laptops and a camera in mass storage mode. I ordered a SD writer from amazon...should get it on Wednesday. I wonder if my issues are just with writing/burning the SD card..

I'll report back when I get the new writer and guess I might as well try another card too.

It is possible it is the card. It might be good enough to start the boot, but not good enough to read and write the files that are needed. Definitely try a different card.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I am almost positive that is what is wrong. Try a SanDisk class 4.

10th March 2013, 05:32 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
scthomps, you could get a NC replacement charging cable from ebay, just do a search, it works good for me.
21st March 2013, 09:18 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm actually running into this problem right now with two different nook color tablets.

One I've had CM10 installed to the EMMC for well over a month without any problems. The other Nook Color I followed the same procedure to install to the EMMC off a bootable SD card.

Regardless of how little or much power the Nook has, it will not even power on unless I have a bootable SD card installed.

Once I get to the menu, I can boot from the internal EMMC without any problems. Not sure what I did to correct the /boot partition on two different Nooks. Least of all one that's been working.

Going to try boot into recovery to see if I can fix whatever corruption got introduced.
21st March 2013, 11:24 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 3,880

Donate to Me
More
Re: Completely Dead Nook Color CM10
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix1972

I'm actually running into this problem right now with two different nook color tablets.

One I've had CM10 installed to the EMMC for well over a month without any problems. The other Nook Color I followed the same procedure to install to the EMMC off a bootable SD card.

Regardless of how little or much power the Nook has, it will not even power on unless I have a bootable SD card installed.

Once I get to the menu, I can boot from the internal EMMC without any problems. Not sure what I did to correct the /boot partition on two different Nooks. Least of all one that's been working.

Going to try boot into recovery to see if I can fix whatever corruption got introduced.

You need a complete set of boot files on the internal boot partition or it won't even try to turn on by itself without a bootable SD. You don't. It needs MLO, u-boot.bin, uImage and uRamdisk there. You obviously have the MLO or u-boot.bin missing or corrupted because uImage and uRamdisk must be there to boot from the SD menu.

This is all fixable by just flashing your ROM again. Those files all get put back on fresh.

12th July 2019, 08:06 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Which recovery are you using to flash the repair zips? It needs to be at least 3.2.0.1. Don't use that 3.0.1.0. Don't worry about those E: messages, it just means cache is not formatted.

It is sounding like the first step of the repartitioning is not taking. That is fixing partition one. I'll be right back with another zip to see if you can flash that.

Try the attached and see what happens. You can also try the bootable TWRP to flash rather than CWM. I have that linked in that partition fix thread.

Removed attachment.

Hi leapinlar I think I have the same problem as this guy except its on a Nook HD +, becuase I get that same error message when I boot into a bootable cwm. Can you help me out please?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)