FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,601 Vote(s)
63.99%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.59%
I don't know.

486 Vote(s)
19.42%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,927

Post Reply Email Thread
19th July 2019, 02:54 AM |#43681  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I don't have this device myself but, I did a little digging around and found that even the Custom Firmwares doesn't have VoLTE either.

Apparently, the VoLTE APN's aren't available that's needed for VoLTE to work. It looks as though there's nothing (that I can locate) available to add this missing feature manually.

This is actually something that requires it to be implemented within the Firmware source code itself.

I hope that I had explained this okay via text...

I do wish you the best of luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.

Phuck I already regret getting this device, because I only knew about the lack of VoLTE after purchasing this phone. I swear that not a single review that I read mentioned it. I never expected Lenovo scums to do something like this. Thanks anyway for crushing my hope and giving some closure lol, I appreciate the reply.
The Following User Says Thank You to ksio89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ksio89 Ad-Free

19th July 2019, 04:08 AM |#43682  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,321

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksio89

Phuck I already regret getting this device, because I only knew about the lack of VoLTE..........

I really do understand your frustration...

I don't understand why the device has the capability for VoLTE but, wasn't provided with the ability for it within the Firmware.

It's kinda like getting a device that has the capability for ARM64/64-bit but, was never provided the ability for it because the Firmware was ARM/32-bit.

Sorry for the bad news...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.
19th July 2019, 05:44 AM |#43683  
Thanks Meter: 612

More
Quote:

I have a Moto G6 Plus running Android 9.0, that has hardware support for VoLTE (SDM630), but Lenovo scumbags removed the feature from the stock firmware of my country (Brazilian retail). The stock ROM does have a toggle for turning VoLTE on/off, but it's broken, because when I make a call with 4G on, the "4G" icon turns into an "H+", aka 3G. i'm sure the carrier where I live supports VoLTE, because it works just fine on my mom's Moto G5 Plus on Android 8.0 and in the samecarrier. Actually, there should be a "4G+" icon, which already shows LTE Advanced is not enabled.

Is it possible to re-enable VoLTE on stock ROM with root access, by editing any system file, or the only way to get VoLTE support back is flashing a custom ROM that has this feature implemented? Thanks in advance.

@Ibuprophen

Maybe I´m totally wrong but I think that is not enough that device supports a specific feature when coming to specific services that finally relies on the carrier side.

I think that some brands like and not only Motorola remove this feature (and others) due to some request from the carrier and then they exclude some models from it´s own support list (I don´t guess why).

Contact with the carrier and ask for more info about your model and this issue, maybe they shed some light on this. I don´t think there is a reason why Lenovo would remove this option by itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
19th July 2019, 07:11 AM |#43684  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

@Ibuprophen

Maybe I´m totally wrong but I think that is not enough that device supports a specific feature when coming to specific services that finally relies on the carrier side.

I think that some brands like and not only Motorola remove this feature (and others) due to some request from the carrier and then they exclude some models from it´s own support list (I don´t guess why).

Contact with the carrier and ask for more info about your model and this issue, maybe they shed some light on this. I don´t think there is a reason why Lenovo would remove this option by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I really do understand your frustration...

I don't understand why the device has the capability for VoLTE but, wasn't provided with the ability for it within the Firmware.

It's kinda like getting a device that has the capability for ARM64/64-bit but, was never provided the ability for it because the Firmware was ARM/32-bit.

Sorry for the bad news...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:

Phuck I already regret getting this device, because I only knew about the lack of VoLTE after purchasing this phone. I swear that not a single review that I read mentioned it. I never expected Lenovo scums to do something like this. Thanks anyway for crushing my hope and giving some closure lol, I appreciate the reply.

If it is possible to enable VoLTE on the device, it would probably require a new kernel with VoLTE support added to the kernel. Adding this feature goes deeper than just the software layer, I think.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
19th July 2019, 03:30 PM |#43685  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey everyone,

Im not sure if this sorta question is appropriate in this thread. Here goes anyway, A friend wants to switch from an iphone 6s to the One Plus 7.
I couldnt find a way to transfer whatsapp data between the devices other than running into youtubers shilling whats probably spyware at best.

Cheers!!!
19th July 2019, 05:14 PM |#43686  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman1

Hey everyone,

Im not sure if this sorta question is appropriate in this thread. Here goes anyway, A friend wants to switch from an iphone 6s to the One Plus 7.
I couldnt find a way to transfer whatsapp data between the devices other than running into youtubers shilling whats probably spyware at best.

Cheers!!!

http://www.ifonetips.com/how-to/tran...e-android.html
19th July 2019, 08:23 PM |#43687  

More
Quote:

@Ibuprophen

I accessed the Testing menu through the number *#*#4636#*#*, and on "Phone information" submenu, there's a toggle called "VoLTE provisioned", and it was turned on. Does this confirms my phone has 4G+ support on software level, but the device is blacklisted by the carrier?
19th July 2019, 08:52 PM |#43688  
Quote:

I accessed the Testing menu through the number *#*#4636#*#*, and on "Phone information" submenu, there's a toggle called "VoLTE provisioned", and it was turned on. Does this confirms my phone has 4G+ support on software level, but the device is blacklisted by the carrier?

If the device was previously activated on a monthly plan and the bill was not paid, then, yes, the device has been blacklisted and there is legally nothing you can do to activate the device until the bill has been paid and the carrier removes the device from blacklisting.

There is a difference between 4G LTE capability and VoLTE, these two things are not the same thing.

4G LTE capability is only the ability to use 4G data network.

VoLTE = voice over LTE.

Which of these features are you asking about?

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
19th July 2019, 09:02 PM |#43689  

More
Quote:

The capability resides first of all in the hardware so no problem in that cause SD630 supports it, but the second scale is that the software provided by the manufacturer in this case Lenovo/Motorola have it enabled, at this point my theory is that they disable it or enable it depending on some regional/country/carrier politics.

At this point enable it is not hard at all for the manufacturer, it´s enough with an update and include it as said @Droidriven in a new kernel but I think that they are subject of what want finally a carrier.

Following this theory means that if device is a carrier branded that was provided directly by Lenovo to the carrier and this feature was blocked by software BUT if this device you bought it free of carrier out of the box in any cell store/shop then just the carrier that you are using didn´t enable this feature for this specific model (yet now but maybe in a near future) but it did it for other models.

To prove this last you could try with other chip/sim from other provider in an area that admits VoLTE.

I think that you are wording blacklisted wrongly, it´s not that your device is blacklisted to avoid this specific feature to working only on your device but all the Motorola G6+ under this carrier support.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
19th July 2019, 09:26 PM |#43690  

More
Quote:

The capability resides first of all in the hardware so no problem in that cause SD630 supports it, but the second scale is that the software provided by the manufacturer in this case Lenovo/Motorola have it enabled, at this point my theory is that they disable it or enable it depending on some regional/country/carrier politics.

At this point enable it is not hard at all for the manufacturer, it´s enough with an update and include it as said @Droidriven in a new kernel but I think that they are subject of what want finally a carrier.

Following this theory means that if device is a carrier branded then was provided directly by Lenovo to the carrier and this feature was blocked by software BUT if this device you bought it free of carrier out of the box in any cell store/shop then just the carrier that you are using didn´t enable this feature for this specific model (yet now but maybe in a near future) but it did it for other models.

To prove this last you could try with other chip/sim from other provider in an area that admits VoLTE.

My device was bought in a retailer, meaning it has an unbranded firmware. I think the firmware does support 4G+, as there's a "VoLTE provisioned" toggle, I'm more inclined to believe 4G+ on the Moto G6 Plus was disabled by the carrier. I'll try to spare a SIM card from another carrier to confirm.
20th July 2019, 03:25 AM |#43691  
Flag Batesville
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can someone point me towards a method of installing TWRP on;

Galaxy S7 SM-G930R7

Android version: 8.0.0

Samsung Exp version:9.0

Baseband version:G930R7WWS9CSD1

Kernal;
3.18.71-13544919
[email protected] #1
Wed Apr 10 15:09:07 KST 2019
Build number: R16NW.G930R7WWS9CSD1

SE Status:
Enforcing
SEPF_SM-G930R7_8.0.0_0008
Wed Apr 10 15:20:42 2019

Knox version;
3.1 API Level 25 TIMA 3.3.0

Sec Software Version;
ASKS v2.0.0 Release 180123
FIPS BoringSSL v1.2
FIPS SKC v1.7
FIPS SCrypto v1.0
SMR Mar-2019 Release 1

Android security patch level;
March 1, 2019

Sorry if it's too much information, just like being thorough, I'm not a newb but not a pro either. I prefer using Odin, my device is not rooted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)