FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How To insert Image/Photo in a thread?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By fulzam, Junior Member on 17th October 2013, 09:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th July 2019, 04:47 PM |#31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadevelopers

I also am new, but I also have a problem adding images to my other post. I am using the website from my desktop and there is a button called "Insert Image". But when I click it, a small popup asks me for a URL to the image. There is no upload button. So I tried adding the URL of the image ("photonsoftware.epizy.com/images/screenshots/0.jpg") I have on my website, but it does not show up.

After adding the URL the dialog will add the following to my post:

Code:
{IMG}photonsoftware.epizy.com/images/screenshots/0.jpg{/IMG}  //{ } brackets are replaced with [ ] and http is added in front.
//The changes were made so that the form will ignore formatting it.
but after submitting, it does not show the images.
I will add the image in this post too, just below this text (if you cannot see it, you 'see' my point):
Image Description: 0.jpg should appear here

Am I doing something wrong, what is the correct way to upload or hyperlink a image?

Link not working for me either, you may need to use a different photo hosting site, or upload to XDA as an attachment.
See Manage Attachments in advanced post options

test

19th July 2019, 04:25 AM |#32  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 5,012

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadevelopers

I also am new, but I also have a problem adding images to my other post. I am using the website from my desktop and there is a button called "Insert Image". But when I click it, a small popup asks me for a URL to the image. There is no upload button. So I tried adding the URL of the image ("photonsoftware.epizy.com/images/screenshots/0.jpg") I have on my website, but it does not show up.

Code:
{IMG}photonsoftware.epizy.com/images/screenshots/0.jpg{/IMG}  //{ } brackets are replaced with [ ] and http is added in front.
//The changes were made so that the form will ignore formatting it.
but after submitting, it does not show the images.
I will add the image in this post too, just below this text (if you cannot see it, you 'see' my point):
Image Description: 0.jpg should appear here

Am I doing something wrong, what is the correct way to upload or hyperlink a image?

Assuming you are doing this on your PC (if you are doing it via mobile say so and I'll add further instructions)
Go to your photo online, then right click and select "open this image in a new tab"
Then copy that url, and use that.

EDIT: This method should work for any photos you want to upload from any site, including Google Photos
19th July 2019, 04:32 AM |#33  
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunholyx

Assuming you are doing this on your PC (if you are doing it via mobile say so and I'll add further instructions)
Go to your photo online, then right click and select "open this image in a new tab"
Then copy that url, and use that.

EDIT: This method should work for any photos you want to upload from any site, including Google Photos

yes, I tried that, didn't work

Sent from my Rockchip RK3288 Chromebook using XDA Labs
19th July 2019, 08:59 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I also tried uploading it to XDA, but it also did not work. It seems like XDA parses the link to the photo so that it goes to a link on XDA self, and then redirects you to the original site with the image. However, when you open the parsed photo (by right clicking on the photo that does not appear and opening it in a new tab) then it redirects me to a cloudflare site, explaining that the site is down.

I have, however, just downloaded the mobile app, and I'll see if I have luck using it to upload the images instead of using the browser.
19th July 2019, 11:55 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Nope, the mobile app also doesn't work, if I click the attachment icon and select a picture, it uploads but then gives a "bad request" error
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)