FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,601 Vote(s)
63.99%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.59%
I don't know.

486 Vote(s)
19.42%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,927

Post Reply Email Thread
20th July 2019, 03:25 AM |#43691  
Flag Batesville
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can someone point me towards a method of installing TWRP on;

Galaxy S7 SM-G930R7

Android version: 8.0.0

Samsung Exp version:9.0

Baseband version:G930R7WWS9CSD1

Kernal;
3.18.71-13544919
[email protected] #1
Wed Apr 10 15:09:07 KST 2019
Build number: R16NW.G930R7WWS9CSD1

SE Status:
Enforcing
SEPF_SM-G930R7_8.0.0_0008
Wed Apr 10 15:20:42 2019

Knox version;
3.1 API Level 25 TIMA 3.3.0

Sec Software Version;
ASKS v2.0.0 Release 180123
FIPS BoringSSL v1.2
FIPS SKC v1.7
FIPS SCrypto v1.0
SMR Mar-2019 Release 1

Android security patch level;
March 1, 2019

Sorry if it's too much information, just like being thorough, I'm not a newb but not a pro either. I prefer using Odin, my device is not rooted.

20th July 2019, 06:31 AM |#43692  
Thanks Meter: 612

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinottjr88

Can someone point me towards a method of installing TWRP on;

Galaxy S7 SM-G930R7

Android version: 8.0.0

Samsung Exp version:9.0

Baseband version:G930R7WWS9CSD1

Kernal;
3.18.71-13544919
[email protected] #1
Wed Apr 10 15:09:07 KST 2019
Build number: R16NW.G930R7WWS9CSD1

SE Status:
Enforcing
SEPF_SM-G930R7_8.0.0_0008
Wed Apr 10 15:20:42 2019

Knox version;
3.1 API Level 25 TIMA 3.3.0

Sec Software Version;
ASKS v2.0.0 Release 180123
FIPS BoringSSL v1.2
FIPS SKC v1.7
FIPS SCrypto v1.0
SMR Mar-2019 Release 1

Android security patch level;
March 1, 2019

Sorry if it's too much information, just like being thorough, I'm not a newb but not a pro either. I prefer using Odin, my device is not rooted.

For older versions it was available but I didn´t find a clear information for your specific version. You could ask within these threads for a confirmation from the members taking in account that you updated to bootloader v9.
1.- https://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...nroot-t3411039
2.- https://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...t/rom-t3757884
3.- https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...roms-kernels-r
4.- https://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...t/easyroot-unr
22nd July 2019, 10:26 AM |#43693  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
A few questions, Note, I don't do social media at all, and my forum experience is limited to rpol (a much cleaner and less confusing interface) so I've got no idea what I'm doing on this site.

1) How do I get past the "are you a robot" thing on my phone? Whenever I try to get past it on my phone, it just sits there spinning. I even let it sit for over a half hour. Every 30 seconds or so it blips like it restarted itself. If I just click on post, it fails cause I didn't do the robot thing, but I can't figure out to complete nor bypass the robot thing.

2) how do i find a device? The email says to find my device for technical questions, but I can't find anything of the sort except the "new" and "popular" lists on home which I don't have.

3)Does android x86 count as a device? I've got 6 and 8. I'll be going back to 6 soon cause 8 is sluggish unless someone can help me tune it up to be faster. ^ is sluggish too actually, but not as bad.

4)What about questions involving multiple different devices? I've been having problems transferring files between devices using a usb stick, cause file managers see the stick as read only, except the built in one that is so pathetically convoluted and incompetent as to be nearly unusable.

5) Also, why does every list of best launchers ignore Total Launcher? It is the only one I know of that does UCCW type customization as a launcher, plus extras, except potentially for launcher lab (which I can't get to work to find out for certain) and hasn't been mentioned either. Total Launcher can even do LCARS very well. So why are these two ignored? Are there others who do this sort of deep UCCW-like customization? Every popular launcher I've tried doesn't even come close to the power and versatility of Total Launcher, or even UCCW itself.
22nd July 2019, 06:01 PM |#43694  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

The capability resides first of all in the hardware so no problem in that cause SD630 supports it, but the second scale is that the software provided by the manufacturer in this case Lenovo/Motorola have it enabled, at this point my theory is that they disable it or enable it depending on some regional/country/carrier politics.

At this point enable it is not hard at all for the manufacturer, it´s enough with an update and include it as said @Droidriven in a new kernel but I think that they are subject of what want finally a carrier.

Following this theory means that if device is a carrier branded that was provided directly by Lenovo to the carrier and this feature was blocked by software BUT if this device you bought it free of carrier out of the box in any cell store/shop then just the carrier that you are using didn´t enable this feature for this specific model (yet now but maybe in a near future) but it did it for other models.

To prove this last you could try with other chip/sim from other provider in an area that admits VoLTE.

I think that you are wording blacklisted wrongly, it´s not that your device is blacklisted to avoid this specific feature to working only on your device but all the Motorola G6+ under this carrier support.

My phone discharged overnight, and when I charged it and started, I could see the 4G and handset icon, meaning VoLTE is finally enabled! I made a call with mobile data enabled to confirm and it doesn't knock the connection down to H+ (3.75G) anymore, problem solved. I don't know whether it's coincidence or not, but this happened after I called my carrier and complained about the their lack of support of LTE Advanced, even though the device supported it on both hardware and software level. I would like to thank you, @Ibuprophen and @Droidriven for the help, I appreciate taking your time to assist a fellow XDA user
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ksio89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ksio89 Ad-Free
22nd July 2019, 08:22 PM |#43695  
Thanks Meter: 1,689

More
dont know if this is correct thread to post this or not. used search function but to no avail. here is my issue :
on zte axon 7 (A2017U) using xda premium 5 v.5.0.22 apk , every time i try to go to settings my phone "freezes" and i have to clear recents to get phone back. so far have tried multiple v.s of apk including DL from playstore , tried wiping cache and wiped cache and dalvik/cache from twrp , any ideas on what to try next or a link to "official" xda apk. forum?
much appreciate your time and help ,
dave
p.s. have never had this happen on any device or apk. v.
p.p.s also rooted with magisk.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using XDA-Developers Legacy app
22nd July 2019, 09:51 PM |#43696  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,319

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksio89

My phone discharged overnight, and when I charged it and started, I could see the 4G and handset icon, meaning VoLTE is finally enabled! I made a call with mobile data enabled to confirm and it doesn't knock the connection down to H+ (3.75G) anymore, problem solved. I don't know whether it's coincidence or not, but this happened after I called my carrier and complained about the their lack of support of LTE Advanced, even though the device supported it on both hardware and software level. I would like to thank you, @Ibuprophen and @Droidriven for the help, I appreciate taking your time to assist a fellow XDA user

I'm very happy to see that you got this situated!!!

There's really no need to thank me. I only provided some information based upon my little search to help you out.

I would like to defer your thanks more towards @Droidriven who had provided information that was much more accurate than I.

I would just like to recommend/suggest/encourage you to provide what information (the best way) you can within one of the applicable threads (or close to it) within the Device Dedicated Area of the forum specific to your device.I only mention this based upon what i had found there that, looked to me, like very dim results for so many looking to do what you had accomplished.

This is all up to you...

Good luck and remember to document, take note, etc... regarding what/how you accomplished this in case you need to refer back to it for any reason. .

_____
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrocketdog

don't know if this is correct thread to post this or not..........

That is a VERY old app and i'm not suprised as it has resulted in this behavior because of compatibility issues...

That app is actually developed by Tapatalk before XDA created their own "in-house" app called XDA Labs...

First off, if you look at this specific app on the Play Store using the same app/package name (FYI... your signature also has the link as well), you'll find the following link and then note that the last version of the Tapatalk version is 7.1.27.

XDA Legacy App - Google Play Store

With that stated, it's a touch and go regarding a working version for those various (older versions) of the XDA Legacy apps by Tapatalk.

I would recommend that you go to the following "in house" XDA Forum app...

[OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][MAR 19]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo by blk_jack

...Please Note: I would recommend that you obtain the app via the above thread because the Play Store version contains Ads ("Required by Google" in order for XDA to be able to provide the app via the Play Store).

There are a few other "Alternative Options" like the following one that's based upon the older XDA Legacy App by Tapatalk but, it contains various compatibility fixes and such in order to work on the newer Android Versions...

[APP][2.x+]The ClaRetoX Forum [A Classic-Way to the XDA!] by Ibuprophen

... I do like the XDA Labs App and do use it on occasion. I only use the ClaRetoX app as my primary one solely as a personal preference for various reasons. The Labs app is actually superior to the ClaRetoX app as the ClaRetoX app is basic and to the point. The Labs app provides additional features like the Labs Store and others.

This is all your call...

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
22nd July 2019, 10:50 PM |#43697  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Rootef S6. Any idea of a module/app to allow me to use Wifi and 4G at the same time ? I am not searching to alternate between. I want to get them to work combined, similar to speedify
23rd July 2019, 12:27 AM |#43698  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I'm very happy to see that you got this situated!!!

There's really no need to thank me. I only provided some information based upon my little search to help you out.

I would like to defer your thanks more towards @Droidriven who had provided information that was much more accurate than I.

I would just like to recommend/suggest/encourage you to provide what information (the best way) you can within one of the applicable threads (or close to it) within the Device Dedicated Area of the forum specific to your device.I only mention this based upon what i had found there that, looked to me, like very dim results for so many looking to do what you had accomplished.

This is all up to you...

Good luck and remember to document, take note, etc... regarding what/how you accomplished this in case you need to refer back to it for any reason. .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.

None of us were really right. But I think @SubwayChamp may have been more informative.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
23rd July 2019, 01:56 AM |#43699  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,319

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

None of us were really right. But I think @SubwayChamp may have been more informative. Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

@SubwayChamp is my Hero!

LOL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
23rd July 2019, 07:16 AM |#43700  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
TRA ID from the UAE
I bought my galaxy A50 in dubai but it has a TRA ID tagged to the UAE. Now I'm aware i just have to flash the firmware but when flashing, am i meant to flash with the firmware for UAE where it was bought or the firmware for the region where i live?
NB: I'm trying to get rid of the UAE TRA-ID and i reside in Nigeria
23rd July 2019, 11:22 AM |#43701  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
What to do now on my Samsing S6 ? Custom recovery, custom rom, custom kernel, Magisk, FDE.AI. what are the next suggestions to install ?

Was thinking about Viper4Android and Adaway. But ive encountered various complains on forums about these two, regarding flashing problems and SafetyNet failures. Does anyone knows if these problems are fixed ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)