36 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th July 2019, 02:16 AM |#19791  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hey everyone .

so my father is currently using sony xperia z , i know it is very old but he loves his phone , but the battery isnt working properly anymore so it is time to change , problem is my father has some requirements , he is old guy and he isnt not a fan of new smartphone trends . so he needs a phone with the following requirements

1- 16:9 display : not a fan of 18:9

2- not very big , something similar to xperia z , one hand usable

3-boxy or near boxy design

4-great performance , snapdragon 800 series or maybe 700 (he is gonna use it for a long time )

5-big battery

6-clean or stock android , just like Sony devices (can be ignored if you have a good phone )

the rest like screen resolution , triple camera , wireless charging ...etc arent important to him at all.

His current choice is Razer Phone 2 altho it is a big phone but it checks all the other boxes , so size is a sacrifice here

so can you guys help my old man with a new phone ??

thanks in advance

15th July 2019, 03:22 AM |#19792  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
I'm happy Lenovo P2 user, but except camera. In good light is enough but when it's little dark it's noisy a lot. So I wonder if there is a phone on the market with great battery life (deep sleep, sot, because I'm traveling a lot by bicycle and sometimes doesn't have electricity to charge it everyday) and good camera with gcam support, OLED screen, under or close to 400$ ?

My other option is to buy separate camera but good one is heavy and photos usually need to be edited (no AI postprocessing, HDR).

P2 it's great with battery life. Most of the time I user it in airplane mode to maps, photos and sometimes to communication over WiFi or cellular network. See screenshot

I thought about Pixel 3a XL but it's little expensive and battery is average I think. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190714-225041.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	4792278   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190709-164654.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	4792279  
15th July 2019, 04:36 AM |#19793  
Flag Puerto Princesa City
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karzan24

hey everyone .

so my father is currently using sony xperia z , i know it is very old but he loves his phone , but the battery isnt working properly anymore so it is time to change , problem is my father has some requirements , he is old guy and he isnt not a fan of new smartphone trends . so he needs a phone with the following requirements

1- 16:9 display : not a fan of 18:9

2- not very big , something similar to xperia z , one hand usable

3-boxy or near boxy design

4-great performance , snapdragon 800 series or maybe 700 (he is gonna use it for a long time )

5-big battery

6-clean or stock android , just like Sony devices (can be ignored if you have a good phone )

the rest like screen resolution , triple camera , wireless charging ...etc arent important to him at all.

His current choice is Razer Phone 2 altho it is a big phone but it checks all the other boxes , so size is a sacrifice here

so can you guys help my old man with a new phone ??

thanks in advance

I think the Razer 2 checks all the major necessities your father needs. It should be the ideal phone for him as long as there is a delaer in your area for warranty purposes just in case.

Had 2 of my phones repaired by official company services because of warranty. It is good support for the 1st year at least of your phone.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
15th July 2019, 07:10 AM |#19794  
Account currently disabled
Flag delhi

More
Samsung Galaxy A50
samsung galaxy A50 launched and want to buy . and also buy its back covers from Hamee india.
15th July 2019, 04:51 PM |#19795  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 41

More
okay so I broke my mi a2 pretty bad and I really need a new phone. I'm a flashaholic so i need something with good xda support. i was gonna wait for the mi a3 but turns out it will have a sd 665 which i don't really like(since sd660 on the a2 isn't that good) . pocof1 is one option but it doesn't have an amoled screen which i really want because of how revolutionizing dark mode is in terms of battery life. my budget is 50000 PKR or around 320 USD. Mi 9, 9t, se seem to be out of range so yeah. open to brands other than xiaomi obv btw[COLOR="Silver"]
16th July 2019, 01:24 PM |#19796  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I just bought a REDMI Note 7 (3 32) for 134€ (gearbest) and an UMIDIGI A5 pro (4 32) 90€ (aliexpress)
16th July 2019, 03:07 PM |#19797  

More
My next smartphone is definitely going to be a One plus 6T because it isn't like the arrogant Nokia community that doesn't even pay attention to customer's complaints. And their devices are extremely problematic despite being an Android One powered smartphone.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
19th July 2019, 08:53 PM |#19798  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
i have op5 8/128 now, i should switch to pixel 3a? worth?
22nd July 2019, 08:53 AM |#19799  
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I've been using Sony Xperia X Compact for the past 2 years, but the midrange CPU is starting to show its age and I've been thinking of an upgrade. I paid exactly 300 euro for my current phone when I bought it, soI'm looking at a similar price range. I might bump it up to 400-ish.

These are the features my perfect smartphone would have:
- compact body (no wider than 65mm)
- at least 3GB of RAM (let's make it 4GB, for futureproofing)
- no rounded corners, and most importantly, NO NOTCH!
- Easily rootable, can expect long term support/updates either from the manufacturer or from XDA community
- bonus points for a physical button so I can answer my calls when it's -25 degrees Celcius outside without poking my phone with my nose like an idiot (e.g. Samsung used to have a home button)

Things I really don't care about:
- screen size
- camera
- design (let's make an exception for barbie phones here, I don't want that nor anything similar)
- extra "features" (xcept glove mode, that can sometimes be useful)

Of course I do realize there is no single smartphone that ticks all the boxes, but let's try to tick as many of them as possible without straying too far away from the other ones. For example, I might buy a 65-70mm wide phone if it has good specs and isn't too expensive, but I won't even consider a 75mm wide one even if it's a flagship for $100.
23rd July 2019, 04:26 PM |#19800  
Flag Puerto Princesa City
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauliusval99

I've been using Sony Xperia X Compact for the past 2 years, but the midrange CPU is starting to show its age and I've been thinking of an upgrade. I paid exactly 300 euro for my current phone when I bought it, soI'm looking at a similar price range. I might bump it up to 400-ish.

These are the features my perfect smartphone would have:
- compact body (no wider than 65mm)
- at least 3GB of RAM (let's make it 4GB, for futureproofing)
- no rounded corners, and most importantly, NO NOTCH!
- Easily rootable, can expect long term support/updates either from the manufacturer or from XDA community
- bonus points for a physical button so I can answer my calls when it's -25 degrees Celcius outside without poking my phone with my nose like an idiot (e.g. Samsung used to have a home button)

Things I really don't care about:
- screen size
- camera
- design (let's make an exception for barbie phones here, I don't want that nor anything similar)
- extra "features" (xcept glove mode, that can sometimes be useful)

Of course I do realize there is no single smartphone that ticks all the boxes, but let's try to tick as many of them as possible without straying too far away from the other ones. For example, I might buy a 65-70mm wide phone if it has good specs and isn't too expensive, but I won't even consider a 75mm wide one even if it's a flagship for $100.

The Pixel 3a seems best for your needs.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to RdT21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RdT21 Ad-Free
24th July 2019, 08:59 AM |#19801  
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdT21

The Pixel 3a seems best for your needs.

thanks for the suggestion. But is Snapdragon 670 any good? I already have a 650 and it seems to me like there's hardly any difference between these two. Also I despise the rounded corners
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)