[EMUI Update] Magic UI 2.1 update is now available for HONOR View20

Search This thread

Tamil15

Jul 31, 2014
Chennai
Magic-UI-2-1-V20.jpg

HONOR is constantly enhancing the smartphone experience it brings to its fans. The new Magic UI 2.1 update, an upgrade from Magic UI 2.0, is being officially rolled out to a list of HONOR devices. With this upgrade, HONOR hopes to deliver an immersive experience with innovating performance and system speed enhancements to our users and help them lead an intelligent life.

Magic UI update Notification
Magic UI 2.1 Builds

• Princeton-L29D 9.1.0.200(C431E1R3P1)
  • Princeton-L29D 9.1.0.201(C431E1R3P1)
  • Princeton-L29D 9.1.0.201(C636E1R4P1)
HOTA Date
  • EU: July 26th, 2019
  • APAC: July 22nd, 2019
  • Russia: July 15th, 2019
  • MEA: July 15th, 2019

Verification and Troubleshooting
Version Check
  • When the phone is powered on, go to Settings >System> About phone > Build number, make sure the build version number is the same with the release version.
Basic Function Check
  • Power on the phone, enter the standby screen, and dial a phone number to make a phone call. Press and hold the End button to power off the phone. Check that these functions are normal.
  • Go over all the APK files and make sure that all of them function properly.
Upgrade Issue Troubleshooting
  • For an upgrade that follows the procedure and does not violate the precautions but failed, contact your local maintenance center. For details about maintenance centers, call the local Huawei service hotline. For information of the hotline numbers, visit the hihonor website

NOTE:
The wait is finally over, as the update is now out. Considering the usual case of staged roll-out, Magic UI 2.1 update may take time to reach every HONOR View20 units.Some users are already seeing the update on their smartphones, So hang in tight as you may get to see the notification anytime soon!

Have you got your Magic UI 2.1 update?

NekoMichi

Jun 15, 2014
UK user here, I manually updated my PCT-L29 C432 to 9.1.0.229 via HSTool and so far my experience with Magic UI 2.1 has been really good. Here are a few notes:

- UI responsiveness is improved, animations are smoother with no more stuttering observed.
- App loading speeds seem faster, everything is almost instant. Although the phone was already fast to begin with, now it feels like I never have to wait for anything when launching apps.
- Swipe gestures feel more accurate, I don't need to reattempt any gestures like opening the app switcher or side-swiping to go back.
- Mis-touches are reduced, in the past if I wiped my screen with a cloth it would pick it up as a touch gesture. This now happens less often.
- Desktop Mode connection is much more stable. Previously even if I connected my phone using an HDMI cable it would frequently flicker and the signal would eventually cut out. This seems to have been fixed.
- Folders now display 3 X 4 icons instead of 3 X 3, which makes apps much more accessible.
- No incompatibilities observed with previous apps (yet).
- Battery life is slightly improved.

And a few other things to be aware of:

- App suggestions are now permanently displayed at the top of the App Drawer, and the option to hide them is no longer available.
- The standalone Flashlight app is gone (it was redundant anyway).
- Breaks compatibility with some previous third-party themes, in particular "Dark Mode" themes.
- I haven't received the AR Measurement app, although it was supposed to be included in 2.1? ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Stop It

anonimo

Nov 7, 2006
The Beautiful South
App suggestions that cannot be removed: very very very annoying.

On the other hand, I use the "standard" home screen style without a drawer so I don't care.

Last edited:
Reactions: NekoMichi

Gaurav347

Jun 23, 2019
No.Magic UI 2.1 update yet in india yet ?????

anyone received please confirm ??

Nope still no update for the v20 Indian Users. If you check the honor club app it says that we should be receiving it on the 24th of July. But to be honest it will be by the end of July or probably first week of August. Coming from oneplus phones I am really dissappointed with Honor for such slow updates.

Reactions: gouravbharat2014

voyager_s

Jan 3, 2011
Huawei P30
Xiaomi Poco F3
Got mine today. Very nice. So far noticed improved performance. Not that it was slow in any way, to begin with! Seems quicker with the animations. And the navigation gestures also seem smoother. I like it.

Reactions: dansk78

Stop It

Apr 14, 2011
Nothing yet via HiSuite or OTA in the UK but not due for EU until tomorrow. Hopefully it'll go live ASAP after that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Magic-UI-2-1-V20.jpg

HONOR is constantly enhancing the smartphone experience it brings to its fans. The new Magic UI 2.1 update, an upgrade from Magic UI 2.0, is being officially rolled out to a list of HONOR devices. With this upgrade, HONOR hopes to deliver an immersive experience with innovating performance and system speed enhancements to our users and help them lead an intelligent life.

Magic UI update Notification
    Magic UI 2.1 Builds

• Princeton-L29D 9.1.0.200(C431E1R3P1)
    • Princeton-L29D 9.1.0.201(C431E1R3P1)
    • Princeton-L29D 9.1.0.201(C636E1R4P1)
    HOTA Date
    • EU: July 26th, 2019
    • APAC: July 22nd, 2019
    • Russia: July 15th, 2019
    • MEA: July 15th, 2019

Verification and Troubleshooting
    Version Check
    • When the phone is powered on, go to Settings >System> About phone > Build number, make sure the build version number is the same with the release version.
    Basic Function Check
    • Power on the phone, enter the standby screen, and dial a phone number to make a phone call. Press and hold the End button to power off the phone. Check that these functions are normal.
    • Go over all the APK files and make sure that all of them function properly.
    Upgrade Issue Troubleshooting
    • For an upgrade that follows the procedure and does not violate the precautions but failed, contact your local maintenance center. For details about maintenance centers, call the local Huawei service hotline. For information of the hotline numbers, visit the hihonor website

NOTE:
    The wait is finally over, as the update is now out. Considering the usual case of staged roll-out, Magic UI 2.1 update may take time to reach every HONOR View20 units.Some users are already seeing the update on their smartphones, So hang in tight as you may get to see the notification anytime soon!

Have you got your Magic UI 2.1 update?
    I can confirm that update that I just got did fix the battery life I'm back up to eight hours of screen on time
    UK user here, I manually updated my PCT-L29 C432 to 9.1.0.229 via HSTool and so far my experience with Magic UI 2.1 has been really good. Here are a few notes:

- UI responsiveness is improved, animations are smoother with no more stuttering observed.
    - App loading speeds seem faster, everything is almost instant. Although the phone was already fast to begin with, now it feels like I never have to wait for anything when launching apps.
    - Swipe gestures feel more accurate, I don't need to reattempt any gestures like opening the app switcher or side-swiping to go back.
    - Mis-touches are reduced, in the past if I wiped my screen with a cloth it would pick it up as a touch gesture. This now happens less often.
    - Desktop Mode connection is much more stable. Previously even if I connected my phone using an HDMI cable it would frequently flicker and the signal would eventually cut out. This seems to have been fixed.
    - Folders now display 3 X 4 icons instead of 3 X 3, which makes apps much more accessible.
    - No incompatibilities observed with previous apps (yet).
    - Battery life is slightly improved.

And a few other things to be aware of:

- App suggestions are now permanently displayed at the top of the App Drawer, and the option to hide them is no longer available.
    - The standalone Flashlight app is gone (it was redundant anyway).
    - Breaks compatibility with some previous third-party themes, in particular "Dark Mode" themes.
    - I haven't received the AR Measurement app, although it was supposed to be included in 2.1? ?
    App suggestions that cannot be removed: very very very annoying.

On the other hand, I use the "standard" home screen style without a drawer so I don't care.
    No.Magic UI 2.1 update yet in india yet ?????

anyone received please confirm ??

Nope still no update for the v20 Indian Users. If you check the honor club app it says that we should be receiving it on the 24th of July. But to be honest it will be by the end of July or probably first week of August. Coming from oneplus phones I am really dissappointed with Honor for such slow updates.