Gcam

Search This thread

Crowland

Jan 17, 2015
Hi does anyone know of a working gcam mod the more features the better, but I think night mode is the main feature I'm looking for.

Veiran

Feb 14, 2015
I'm not aware of one that does more than the stock camera app in terms of image quality. I've tried a few Google Camera versions and they all have the same problems in low light.

djvinniev77

Mar 22, 2011
Yes, I have. It wasn't one of the recent versions (6.0+), though. I think it was ~5.0 at the latest.

So I tried this one:

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.4.032219.1950.apk

Seems to load, doesn't crash on the F1 with exceptions to video, portrait mode and the special ones like night sight... My problem is I haven't taken the plunge to see if I can enable camera2 API on my phone, I think this is part of the stumbling block as logcat while using this app says it doesn't have permissions to do certain things while using the camera (all app permissions are allowed, something else on the back end)

If you or anyone else has gotten root on the phone and want to enable camera2 API on this through build prop, you can test and see.

I like the app, it's fast as a camera and "lens blur" works but it's not using the second cam for bokeh effects. The portrait shots are supposed to detect the subject and blur everything else (Google magic) and night sight, well, just works wonders on Qualcomm devices. Just wished someone did the same treatment for the p60 mediatek chips.

BlurtFlabber

Jun 6, 2019
I think it's pretty important to get the latest version of GCAM running on this device. I hope there's a way. The f1 play uses a 48mp Samsung chip and the S3 pro uses a Sony Chip (supposedly better). I almost got the S3 pro but couldn't justify the extra $100 to the cost.

They have GCAM running on the Moto g7 power and Xaoimi Redmi... and it has improved the camera on those phones immensely.

Info about how to enable camera2 API

[url]https://www.thegeeksclub.com/how-to-enable-camera2-api-in-android-phones/[/URL]

Also, here's a phone that uses the hello p70 without camera2 API enabled and this person posted working GCAM versions (most likely limited functionality). I haven't tried them because my phone is still in the mail...

[url]https://www.right-brothers.net/realme-u1-google-camera-download/[/URL]

Last edited:
Reactions: benjmiester
Hi does anyone know of a working gcam mod the more features the better, but I think night mode is the main feature I'm looking for.
I, personally, don't use GCam myself but, you may be able to locate what you are looking for on the following area of the forum that's specific to the GCam Mod's.

https://xdaforums.com/apps/google-camera-mods

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.

BlurtFlabber

Jun 6, 2019
Reactions: Ibuprophen

benjmiester

Open cam works better in low light

Interesting. I always used OC in phones in the past but haven't tried it recently. I did have some nice detail customizations and I believe it had it's own EIS electronic image stability that can be applied over top of what comes stock (unless stock only operates through the camera app and not on by default).

juggy1001

Mar 22, 2010
I've went through about 100 trial and errors seeing which ports worked. This one is currently the BEST one for the non-PLAY Umidigi F1. I picked this phone up for $40 as a backup phone and I've been playing with it. What a difference GCAM makes on this phone. No Night Sight though.

Thank you! for photos with the rear camera, activating hdr + greatly improves the photos.

krouri

Mar 13, 2011
Toronto
I've went through about 100 trial and errors seeing which ports worked. This one is currently the BEST one for the non-PLAY Umidigi F1. I picked this phone up for $40 as a backup phone and I've been playing with it. What a difference GCAM makes on this phone. No Night Sight though.

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/MGC_5.1.018_7.0+C2API_min_2a_AllinOne.apk

It was a great camera, but the latest update broke the camera, and only video works.
Is there another one that works?

skip029

Jul 29, 2018
It was a great camera, but the latest update broke the camera, and only video works.

What update are you on? I just turned my F1 on and checked for updates and there's none. I'm on:

Android version - 9
Security patch - January 5, 2019
Kernel Version - 4.4.146 #14 Tue Jan 29 16:59:03 CST 2019
Build number Umidigi_F1_V1.0_20190124

krouri

Mar 13, 2011
Toronto
What update are you on? I just turned my F1 on and checked for updates and there's none. I'm on:

Android version - 9
Security patch - May 5, 2019
Build number Umidigi_F1_V1.0_20190124

Android version - 9
Build number Umidigi_F1_V1.0_20190724
Wireless update current:
Build number Umidigi_F1_V1.0_20190724_20190819-1000

skip029

Jul 29, 2018
Android version - 9
Build number Umidigi_F1_V1.0_20190724
Wireless update current:
Build number Umidigi_F1_V1.0_20190724_20190819-1000

I would try uninstalling GCam. Reinstall GCam but before opening it, go in GCam app and clear cache. I have no problems.

coffenk

Jan 4, 2012
Montreal
I'm having the same issue with this G Cam APK, and the latest firmware update. The strange thing is that the rear camera works for the Panorama, Photo Sphere and Lens Blur options but not for regular rear camera pictures. There isn't even an icon on the main camera screen to select it. Weird !
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !

Reactions: krouri

Top Liked Posts