[OFFICIAL][9] LineageOS 16.0 for Mi 6

Search This thread

mctenddies

Jul 18, 2017
I've updated recently every day and only after yesterday's update i have a bootloop like you, so it's a 100 percent problem with the last update.

bootloop over here with fresh install

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

is there a telegram channel for lineageos mi6?

Matipolit

Mar 27, 2018
OnePlus 7T
I noticed high battery drain on this rom. Kernel Adiutor shows that the LITTLE cores stay at the top frequency a lot of the time for seemingly no reason. I wonder if that's a common problem and if it can be fixed.

Tommytommy1234

Oct 3, 2015
I noticed high battery drain on this rom. Kernel Adiutor shows that the LITTLE cores stay at the top frequency a lot of the time for seemingly no reason. I wonder if that's a common problem and if it can be fixed.
Yeah, the battery drain is high on latest builds, older builds have better battery optimisations somehow. I see that sometime the phone awake in pocket or after I locked it even if I don't have the "pocket mode" enabled. Anybody have this issue?

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2017
Sony Xperia Z2
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Good evening,

As man of you already recognised, the build of the 24.th was not booting. This is because of a missing permission for the stock launcher (trebuchet). This change could get merged because not all devices enforce the priv-app permissions like we do. The according fix has been already merged ( https://github.com/LineageOS/android_vendor_lineage/commit/a5e776e5143895317f433da876383d8683567012 ) and builds after the 24.th should work fine again. Sorry for the confusion. Note that me and @Elektroschmock are both on holidays and don't have a good network so we weren't able to confirm that the recent updates work again, a confirmation would be appreciated.

Thanks for your patience.

is there a telegram channel for lineageos mi6?
I am active at an announcement channel with a linked discussion group. It is available at https://t.me/Mi6Arsenal but not for this specific lineage, it's about Mi 6 at all (which also includes lineageOS).

Last edited:

johennes

Jan 4, 2018
Many thanks for the hard work on the ROM. I want to switch from MIUI Stable 10.2 to this ROM. However, I am afraid when I downgrade the firmware I may trigger the anti-rollback and brick my device. Anyone advise on how to proceed?

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2017
Sony Xperia Z2
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Many thanks for the hard work on the ROM. I want to switch from MIUI Stable 10.2 to this ROM. However, I am afraid when I downgrade the firmware I may trigger the anti-rollback and brick my device. Anyone advise on how to proceed?
Luckily Xiaomi hasn't ever enabled anti rollback for us so there is no problem while downgrading the firmware. You just need to flash the firmware zip linked at post #2.

Dec 5, 2017
Battery temperature problem
The battery temperature is always greater than 40 degrees Celsius in daily use.
There is no way to lower the temperature unless it is placed in the refrigerator.
How to solve this problem?
And sorry for my English.

adey64

Jun 29, 2012
Battery temperature problem
The battery temperature is always greater than 40 degrees Celsius in daily use.
There is no way to lower the temperature unless it is placed in the refrigerator.
How to solve this problem?
And sorry for my English.
Tbh I had this with a old version of AEX 6.6 and now the latest version of AEX 6.6 it's been fixed! No more over temp when pushing the phone so I'm guessing arian did his magic on the kernel

egendomligt

Aug 19, 2012
I'm trying to find a working miui camera. Does anyone know a combination of fw/los build/magisk/flashable that works?

I had it working on earlier unofficial but can't seem to find a way anymore (it's got to do with updated camera blobs and/or magisk module structure? I very confused and can't find any good info on all of this).

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2017
Sony Xperia Z2
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Good evening everyone!
We have just merged Xiaomi's 9.0 release, that means updated the blobs and merged the kernel changes from sagit-p-oss.
This change will require you to update your firmware to 9.0. You can update it without loosing your data by flashing the zip by yshalsager: https://osdn.net/projects/xiaomifir...I6Global_V10.4.1.0.PCAMIXM_38edd1584c_9.0.zip

In order to avoid confusion the firmware check while flashing has been improved and will tell you which firmware you require if you's isn't recent enough.

All these changes will be up in the next nightly.

Also the aptX and aptXHD codecs are supported since some days.

I have updated Post #2 with the correct Firmware and added flashable MiuiCamera

Last edited:

0ss0

Dec 28, 2006
Hi. Thank you so much for the precious update. All seems fine except for fingerprint setting that accept only one finger. Not a big problem but that is!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on sagit

Read Post #2 before asking a question.

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    Open GApps (choose ARM64 as Platform and 9.0 as Android, use the Variant you want. Recommended nano package)

Required TWRP recovery
    twrp-3.3.1-sagit-20190608.img

Official root addon
    LineageOS Extras

Changelog:
    Changes for sagit

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to Elektroschmock
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0 for sagit, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 6

Contributors
    NeoArian, elektroschmock, mikeioannina, wight554
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Stable V10.4.1.0

Version Information

Created 2019-06-09
    Last Updated 2019-08-05
    Good evening everyone!
    We have just merged Xiaomi's 9.0 release, that means updated the blobs and merged the kernel changes from sagit-p-oss.
    This change will require you to update your firmware to 9.0. You can update it without loosing your data by flashing the zip by yshalsager: https://osdn.net/projects/xiaomifir...I6Global_V10.4.1.0.PCAMIXM_38edd1584c_9.0.zip

In order to avoid confusion the firmware check while flashing has been improved and will tell you which firmware you require if you's isn't recent enough.

All these changes will be up in the next nightly.

Also the aptX and aptXHD codecs are supported since some days.

I have updated Post #2 with the correct Firmware and added flashable MiuiCamera
    MiuiCamera
    I have created a flashable ZIP to get MiuiCamera on LineageOS 16.0 for Xiaomi Mi 6 with the new android 9.0 blobs.
    The file is attached to this post. Note that it will overwrite the default Snap Camera app so that you don't have two apps. Because of the included addon.d script the Snap Camera will automatically get overwritten and MiuiCamera will get installed over upcoming OTA's. If you want to get rid of this Module just remove /system/addon.d/69-MiuiCamera.sh and reflash the build of your choice, MiuiCamera will get removed and Snap will be added back.
    Changelog for MiuiCamera-20190817_MI6Global_V10.4.1.0.PCAMIXM.zip
    * Fixed backuptool, won't bootloop after updating the ROM
    * Cleaned backuptool

Frequently asked Questions
    is it really so hard to fix the compatibility of the most recent firmwares? sounds stupid to use a year old firmware...
    Ist it really hard to accept what you get in a perfect state with a very great UX and at least stock like stability for free and where you don't contribute at all to?
    The pie blobs stuff is pending on LineageOS Gerrit which is publicly available for everyone. You should know that every ROM with pie blobs uses this work. Also keep in mind that the stable miui is not updated to pie yet.

After i all wipe and flash los16 the latest Version. the setting will force stop when i tap into the notification of each applications's detail setting.Please Help Me if you can.
    Have you also formatted data? When wiping everything, formatting data and flashing the recommended firmware with the recommended TWRP together with the latest build there would be no problems.