[APP] GoogleCam Port for Mi 9T [07/09/2019]

Search This thread

FSantillan

Jul 27, 2019
Installed through the link on the First post and works like a charm. But I can't find any aux camera toggle in advanced settings menu? So I cant access the ultrawide and telephoto cameras. Is there a different version I am supposed to install?
I found the setting in the advanced settings - auxiliary camera

nmkd

Jul 21, 2019
Is there any build where 48MP works?

I had a version where I could set 48 but it would still save only 4000x3000 images, while the stock cam saves 8000x6000.

flubba86

May 7, 2010
Link to v2.0 of Urnyx05 build: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79998034&postcount=217

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

If you're getting weird green/yellow high-contrast pictures when using the Telephoto lens, I found disabling HDR+ will fix it.
You need to enable "HDR+ control" in the Advanced settings in order to toggle HDR+ off. It is on by default.

PirateLemon

Aug 6, 2019
Hello guys, I'm going to get the phone tomorrow, and I am wondering, from all these versions you guys used, what is the most stable and good one overall? (I don't need slow-motion tho)

G

GuestK00247

Version 2.1 is out:

Changelog:
- Added top shot (works only when motion is ON and you see the photo in Google Photo)
- Fixed back button when you switch back from Night Sight (you don't need to click on "X" anymore)
- Reduced obfuscation in some parts of code
- Fixed telephoto on OP7/7 Pro, Mi9T and other devices with green tint on telephoto
- Added support for aux lens on OP5/5T (because green tint has been fixed)
- Added an option to change the number of frames
- Added Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese and German translation (thanks to all my translators)

SUMMERBREEZE

Oct 3, 2010
ISTANBUL
Urnyx05 , san1ty, xtrme, there are so far these 3 dev who do the gcam mod for us. Have you tried all of them? What are the differences? i think xtrme version is based on gcam 6.1.. not 6.2. any comments?

PirateLemon

Aug 6, 2019
Really amazing night shots, so much better than the stock one. Do you guys use any limbs/custom settings that may enhance the quality even better?

gnohzgnaw

Jun 20, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21
2.1 is out:

Changelog:
- Added top shot (works only when motion is ON and you see the photo in Google Photo)
- Fixed back button when you switch back from Night Sight (you don't need to click on "X" anymore)
- Fixed telephoto on OP7/7 Pro, Mi9T and other devices with green tint on telephoto
- Added Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese and German translation (thanks to all my translators)

Awesome! Will try this now, any settings recommendations?

Reactions: Hot-Proton

sym_m

Jul 30, 2011
Version 2.1 is out:

Changelog:

Front camera processing is so bad on this version i revert back to 1.9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gcamapk-512-300x300.png

What is Google Camera (AKA GCam)?
    Google Camera is the camera app for the Google Nexus and Google Pixel phones. It is not designed or intended to be run on other phones.

What is HDR+?
    HDR+ is Google's proprietary image processing routine. HDR+ employs image stacking to control exposure, and also to preserve details, reduce noise, increase sharpness, etc. It is an all-in-one package.

Installation instructions
    Download APK to your Phone and Install it (No Root needed)

** DOWNLOAD **
    URNYX [6.2] v2.4

RECOMMENDED SETTINGS
    • Lib: Saves v1 or Fi v4b
    • Pixel AWB in HDR+ Enhanced:

• Day: [Off] or [Pixel 2]
      • Night: [Pixel 2] or [Pixel 3]

Urnyx version is a plug-and-play Camera app compatible with Xiaomi Mi 9T

ABOUT URNYX 6.4
    + Button to change between cameras
    +- No XML's (Plug-and-Play)
    - No EIS
    - Video 60fps doesn't work
    - Slow Motion Mode doesn't work
    - Change to Main Lens to go to Settings or else will FC
    - Lens Distortion in Ultrawide Lens
    - Black Crush (it's actually exactly the same as on the Pixel 3 now)
    - Focus Tracking is disabled on purpose (on 6.2 enabling it causes video mode to crash the app)
    - Ultrawide is 12MP only (raw is saved with the full 16MP)

KNOWN BUGS:
    - After using Tele camera, resolution goes down to 8MP also for main camera
    - Crash if trying to access settings from other camera except main

URNYX VERSION CHANGELOG:

- Added Turkish and Greek translations
    - Improved Spanish and Portuguese translations
    - Slightly reduced apk size
    - Vectorized some drawable icons and changed Pro/Auto button to the same style as Google's zoom button (thanks Arnova for tips and tricks)
    - Fixed the problem due to which aux buttons were hidden by zoom button horizontally
    - Added max brightness (thanks BSG)

FAQ GOOGLE CAM
    I CAN'T INSTALL X VERSION, WHY?
    Make sure you uninstall every other GCam Port on your phone. You can't have both versions installed.

HOW DO YOU SWITCH BETWEEN CAMERAS?
    (6.2) Settings > Advanced > Auxiliary Camera and enable the Buttons

HOW DO YOU USE NIGHTSIGHT WITH THE DIFFERENT LENS ?
    Select the lens in main mode, then switch to Night Mode

HOW DO YOU USE MANUAL FOCUS (SLIDER) ?
    If you want to use it with enhanced HDR+, you need to disable focus tracking. Or else it will only work with regular HDR+.
    Also the way it works is you set a focus distance, tap once into the viewfinder, then tap the shutter button.

WHY THE FRONT CAMERA IS 5MP AND BACK CAMERA 12MP ?
    Selfie camera uses pixel binning, same as for the main sensor. Since camera2api implementation only delivers a 5MP raw stream (20MP/4 = 5MP because of pixel binning)
    GCam can only work with what raw stream the API delivers.

HOW DO YOU TAKE PHOTOS FASTER ?
    Enable HDR+ instead of HDR+ Enhanced

DOES GCAM WORK IN AOSP BASED ROMS ?
    Yes

THANKS TO @Urnyx05
    Ref: https://xdaforums.com/Mi-9/themes/xiaomi-mi9-googlecam-port-t3910034
    Hi, since I see everyone without knowing which one uses,I will tell you the differences here.

-Xtreme, it has different profiles available a that works better in different conditions, you can pick the sharp.xml for day light pics and the night.xml for Night Shot only pics. I will add my profile that has the best (in my opinion) image quality, contrast and saturation in average. So you dont need to change the profile each time. Xtreme can achieve 48Mp in main camera settings, but won´t work on certain profiles, it will reduce by software to 12Mp, with the 1-4 Pixel information, that takes a 48Mp pic and resamples it to 12Mp to get more detail and light. Selfie 5Mp max.
    Video 1080 60p, 4k 30p, 720 240p.

- Urnyx is the good to go apk, it can work without profiles and is almost ready. The night shot is slightly better than xtreme if you are not using the Night.xml The main camera gets to 12Mp, unlike Xtreme. Selfie 5Mp max.
    Video 1080 60p, 4k 30p, 720 240p.

- Arnova, it was the first attempt to mod the Gcam, it is not very stable in Xiaomi Mi9 and so it is not on Mi 9T. The software process is kinda bad at this time. We would see if it can get to be better than Urnyx and Xtreme. I won´t set any parameters or info since it crashes with almost every photo taken.

Video won't work on wide lense at 12/8/2019.
    Video can't achieve 4k 60p, it is hardware limited because of the Sony Sensor, which is worse only in video than that of Mi9 / Mi9Se / Mi 9T pro. But in camera capabilities it's the same sensor so we have that.
    Electronic stabilization is not available on video (max 1080 60p) yet in both urnyx and extreme, but there is on pictures so we have steady shots.

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

The best apk overall today would be https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog641/
    The Xtreme MGC Beta 10 with the following options we can achieve the best day light and saturated pics. At night it is recommended to always use Night Shot lowering the Ilumination manually in the screen after selecting ZnWhizzMI9T profile
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/f/download/ZnWhizz.Mi9T.Xcam6b7a.StdV1.xml, once done we change the following parameters:

- HDR Parameters: 12
    - HDR enhanced Auto White: Pixel 2
    - Resolution : 48Mp back
    - Final jpg quality: 100%
    - Control HDR+: enabled
    - If the saturation level with green pictures (such as that reflective green on some sports Tshirts is too much, set the HDR parameter to 9)

I will submit my profile so you only have to upload it. Any addition to this is welcome.
    Let´s rock with our Mi 9T :D
    (I am adding my profile here, I hope you enjoy it)
    The actual difference in Gcam vs Stock

I will provide you a variety of photo taken with the main and wide lenses to explain the differences in Gcam vs Stock.
    Gcam: Xtreme_MGC_6_1_021_x...Beta10
    Miui Stock: Camera 3.0 / Miui Global 10.3.12

In the main sensor, differences in day light recalls in the White Balance so far, image quality and sharpness are almost the same (Because Stock does a very nice job), where we can find a distance is in the pictures where a Person is supposed to be (Such as Portrait Mode or a Selfie Lense) where Gcam has better quality image overall and those taken with low light condition.
    Overall, we can see that Stock applies a warmer setting, while Gcam would get closer to get the "real temperature" color, being the one closer to reality. If we take the AI mode Off. the warmer temperature goes off and it gets colder than it should be. So as I like a warmer photo over colder I let the AI mode by default.
    The night mode gives back less noise than Stock Night Shot.

The wide lense on the other side is always better in the Gcam, no discussion here, better light interpretation in day and better quality and picture itself when light is not on point.
    Telephoto, contrary as wide lense is always better in the MIUI Stock Camera, somehow Gcam doesn´t get to use it, and I think that it is just a Software Zoom.

The one with the watermark are those taken by the Miui Stock Camera. Both Apps have the same config. HDR On, and everything else in auto. (Miui Camera has the AI mode, so it can have that high saturation and make it a Fair Fight).

If you need the differences in other scenarios, I will give your more, like a Night Picture focusing the Moon or a Bar, where light can be tricky. :laugh:
    Urnyx's 2.4 Lib Custom

MAX ZOOM GOOGLE PHOTO APP

eszdman 2.3
    View attachment 4816980

eszdman v3 beta
    View attachment 4816981

fi v2 (mi 9)
    View attachment 4816982

fi v4b
    View attachment 4816983

kuro stock
    View attachment 4816984