FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,511 posts
Thanks Meter: 28,979

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th August 2019, 03:33 AM |#30771  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by realgordboy

Is MiXplorer now abandonware?

See, one of the virtues of Open Source is that it is much harder to lose valuable projects due to neglect.

Personally I very much like MiXplorer but if it is not going to be maintained, then obviously it makes sense to look elsewhere.

every piece of software has its own (and probably unique) history and nature.. obviously you have no idea that of MiX and made totally wrong judgement..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamelton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamelton Ad-Free

8th August 2019, 04:59 AM |#30772  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,148

More
Quote:

See, one of the virtues of Open Source is that it is much harder to lose valuable projects due to neglect.

Personally I very much like MiXplorer but if it is not going to be maintained, then obviously it makes sense to look elsewhere.

Why would you think it's been abandoned?
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 06:35 AM |#30773  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 6,967

More
Quote:

I don't know from which information you draw your assessment and conclusions?
From my point of view, there are only a few projects that are so actively and progressively maintained and evolved like MiXplorer. And all credits go to Hootan for this fantastic job he's doing more or less for free just to please the XDA community.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 08:23 AM |#30774  
Flag Qaqortoq
Thanks Meter: 13,476

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

I don't know from which information you draw your assessment and conclusions?
From my point of view, there are only a few projects that are so actively and progressively maintained and evolved like MiXplorer. And all credits go to Hootan for this fantastic job he's doing more or less for free just to please the XDA community.

There are always such users on nearly every thread (ROM/kernel/magisk module/app/script) that write "is this project dead?" "has development been terminated?" "no longer support?" And etc. Best thing to do is either to ignore that uset overall or to report to moderators and get that message deleted. There is no reason for such post unless there is an official message by developer or thread name changed to PAUSED/STOPPED (and even after that, there is no reason).

They are trying to guilt developer to release new version ASAP, as if developer will think "oh no, my users think I stopped development, let me reassure I didn't"...

Anyways, we can see such posts in nearly every thread, including the well known Vanced YouTube by Vanced team.

Good luck and wish you well
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eleo Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 09:53 AM |#30775  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
And I am now leaving this thread permanently.

It is very clear you guys wish to pursue insults rather than address the issues raised.

I manage software releases myself, and I understand that sometimes complaints and issues are unfounded and tiresome.

What I am seeing here is very different. A bunch of guys defending an untenable position, and doing it without any permission from the developer, and doing it badly.

Somebody mentioned 'adios' and that is very appropriate indeed. Some of the posts here are frankly disgraceful.
8th August 2019, 10:24 AM |#30776  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 16,068

More
Quote:

It is very clear you guys wish to pursue insults rather than address the issues raised.

I manage software releases myself, and I understand that sometimes complaints and issues are unfounded and tiresome.

What I am seeing here is very different. A bunch of guys defending an untenable position, and doing it without any permission from the developer, and doing it badly.

Somebody mentioned 'adios' and that is very appropriate indeed. Some of the posts here are frankly disgraceful.

If you manage software releases, you should realise that an app that's updated regularly, the last update being lass than a month ago is not "abandonware"

I suspect you just don't like the fact that MiX isn't Open Source.

Good luck finding a similar but Open Source app that's as fully featured as MiX with a more frequent update schedule.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Spannaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spannaa Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 12:04 PM |#30777  
Flag Qaqortoq
Thanks Meter: 13,476

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannaa

I suspect you just don't like the fact that MiX isn't Open Source

Yes exactly that!
His idea is to guilt developer into making MiX open-source so that @realgordboy can use it freely. Good catch

I missed that part of his post.

Anyways, now we can continue to discussion of this awesome app and help users with "actual" problems/issues/questions
The Following User Says Thank You to Eleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eleo Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 08:23 PM |#30778  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
@HootanParsa Hi, unfortunately I encountered three issues with last MiXplorer 6.39-2 Silver.
All issues happen on our three devices (Samsung S10 Android 9, Samsung S8+ Android 9 and Tab S3 Android 8)

1. issue:
On ownCloud/WebDAV (last version) I can't rename a file or move a file within ownCloud. Access denied. See screenshot.
Copying a file from local storage to ownCloud works, deleting of files works, too.
Tested with another app "Solid Explorer", no problems.

Edit: Log attached below regarding 1st issue.

2. issue:
On ownCloud thumbnails of images are missing, I see only default icon. Happens in every view selected.
Thumbnails for videos are working.

3. issue
Videos (mp4) on local storage show damaged thumbnails. See screenshot. Not all, but most of them. Don't know why some are ok.
Tested with another file manager, no problems

Can you help please?
(For 3rd issue, possible to reset the thumbnails?) Log needed?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190808-180738_MiXplorer.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	4803505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190808-175732_MiXplorer.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	4803506  
Attached Files
File Type: txt MiX-B19071412_2019-08-08_20-20.txt - [Click for QR Code] (6.5 KB, 8 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Tatsch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tatsch Ad-Free
9th August 2019, 03:26 AM |#30779  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,392

More
Quote:

As has been pointed out many times throughout this thread, the author works furiously on this app for some time, then is often absent for long periods of time, I assume, pursuing the more important things in life. His last update was dated 7/14, so that can hardly be considered abandoned in that short time frame.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to martyfender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift martyfender Ad-Free
9th August 2019, 05:18 AM |#30780  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleo

There are always such users on nearly every thread (ROM/kernel/magisk module/app/script) that write "is this project dead?" "has development been terminated?" "no longer support?" And etc. Best thing to do is either to ignore that uset overall or to report to moderators and get that message deleted. There is no reason for such post unless there is an official message by developer or thread name changed to PAUSED/STOPPED (and even after that, there is no reason).

They are trying to guilt developer to release new version ASAP, as if developer will think "oh no, my users think I stopped development, let me reassure I didn't"...

Anyways, we can see such posts in nearly every thread, including the well known Vanced YouTube by Vanced team.

Good luck and wish you well

In general I detest overly moderated content, but I think it would be fair to post a list of 'no questions " and" no topics", that moderators could easily delete.
Seeing all these bots and trolls asking same questions again and again, when answer was posted one post above, or **** like on AP, 200 comments whether Kiwi supports Chrome sync
The Following User Says Thank You to Jinnn92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jinnn92 Ad-Free
9th August 2019, 08:05 PM |#30781  
Flag spain
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I had tons of photos and videos in my internal storage, so I moved to an SD card. but now when i go to the gallery and sort it by date, it apperas like if all photos was taken today...
Any clue or solution to recover original date?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)