[APP][2.3+][GPLv3] APKGrabber: Re-Release of APKUpdater

Search This thread

hshah

Dec 24, 2005
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
so it doesnt look like any of these so called "replacement play store" apps update as fast as the play store REGARDLESS of what anyone tells you.

1-play store
2-aurora store
3-apk grabber lol

I wouldn't consider anything as a replacement to Play Store because you are using Android at the end of the day. The alternatives are just in addition to the Play Store.

In terms of what is "faster" to show updates, I think that varies quite a bit. I use all three of the apps you mentioned and see updates first in different ones. As previously mentioned, there have been times when Play Store hasn't showed updated but if I search for the app, it happens to show an Update button vs the usual Open, but still doesn't show up as an update under My Apps.

GrapeBandit

Feb 16, 2012
U.S.A. Inc.
I wouldn't consider anything as a replacement to Play Store because you are using Android at the end of the day. The alternatives are just in addition to the Play Store.

In terms of what is "faster" to show updates, I think that varies quite a bit. I use all three of the apps you mentioned and see updates first in different ones. As previously mentioned, there have been times when Play Store hasn't showed updated but if I search for the app, it happens to show an Update button vs the usual Open, but still doesn't show up as an update under My Apps.
That's my point though, I'm trying to find a replacement for play store, I want to de-google my life. As of now, only google left in my life is the play store, and youtube-vanced.

GoPro app updates in the Aurora store too, not only the play store.

yochananmarqos

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
Good evening,
I released a new version 1.5.0 now. Due to double hardware failure on my laptop and external hdd, I had to generate a new pair of signing keys. So please uninstall the current apk manually before updating. This has to be done once.

Best
Dennis
After uninstalling, I downloaded 1.5.0 from GitHub, got a Play Protect warning, chose "Install Anyway", but it wouldn't install.

Sent from my 7 Pro using XDA Labs

dhemker

Mar 23, 2017
This could be because of Play Protect knowing that this app had already been installed with other keys. I tested it myself not using Play Protect. Please try disabling Play Protect, install APKGrabber and then turn it on again.

Archon810

Feb 19, 2010
Oakland
I heard that Play Protect would do that for such apps if there's a key that doesn't match a released app in the Play Store. So maybe releasing a dummy app would work, but you'd have to pay for the dev account.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

By the way, I just did this and "Install anyway" did install the new version.

Make sure you uninstall the old one first if it doesn't install for you.

yochananmarqos

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
This could be because of Play Protect knowing that this app had already been installed with other keys. I tested it myself not using Play Protect. Please try disabling Play Protect, install APKGrabber and then turn it on again.
I had reinstalled 1.4.2 since 1.5.0 didn't install. This time, I cleared the app cache & data before uninstalling it. I was able to install 1.5.0 without disabling Play Protect.

Sent from my 7 Pro using XDA Labs

dhemker

Mar 23, 2017
I added the data/cache wiping instruction as a precaution to the release notes, thanks!

Dennis

blackdroid52@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2012
Mumbai
Installed v 1.6.0. Clicking on any apps aptoide link redirects to 8 balls pool page. Is it a bug from aptoide side??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190811-205626_Aptoide.jpg
    Screenshot_20190811-205626_Aptoide.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 227

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    APKGrabber
    APKGrabber is a fork of APKUpdater. Big thanks and of course all credits go to rumboalla.
    I try to develop new features and maintain the software to stay available on latest android devices, but don't expect weekly updates.

For feature requests, issue tracking, new releases and all dev related stuff see my Github page.

License
    Copyright © 2017 Rumboalla. Licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.
    Readapted 2019 by hemker.

Contributors
    hemker

Version Information
    GitHub: latest
    APKMirror: latest
    Izzy F-Droid: latest

Created 2019-03-04
    Last Updated 2019-03-22
    Hey,
    sorry, didn't know about any agreements. New release is out, bringing back the old behavior. Furthermore, i deleted all previous artifacts containing that stuff.
    @Archon810 is anybody actively maintaining the API? I would like to get in touch to propose some questions about it. That would help making APKGrabber an up-to-date, stable app.

Best
    Dennis

Hey Dennis,

Thanks for the swift action. We have been hosting APK Updater on APKMirror (last release is https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/rumbo...lease/apkupdater-1-5-11-android-apk-download/), and I'm open to now hosting APKGrabber too, as it's getting updates. Would you like that?

Would you like to chat further about the API? PM me and we can connect on Telegram.
    v1.1.10

Hey everyone, @olivercervera
    new release is out. Now targeting API level 28, featuring notification channels. Also implemented that a self-update check is triggered when the app is launched (if enabled in options). Furthermore, some build dependencies are increased.
    @nextheart @~El Julio~
    Friendly reminder: please put all development related stuff like feature requests, bugs and other issues to GitHub, otherwise tracking and priorotising such things is quite hard.

Best
    Dennis
    Hi,

Artem here from APKMirror. I'm glad someone revived APK Updater, so kudos on that!

However, the setting you added to directly download from the site now turns the app into a leech which uses up our bandwidth without giving so much as an ad or page view in return. We had an understanding with the previous author about this, and because of them we actively helped him with the fast API and did not block his app. This direct download addition to APKGrabber now, however, goes against all of that.

Please remove it, as it's against our terms of service.

Thank you for understanding.