FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,605 Vote(s)
64.05%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.56%
I don't know.

486 Vote(s)
19.39%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,927

Post Reply Email Thread
11th August 2019, 11:27 PM |#43801  
Thanks Meter: 308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgyver

Incorrect. You'll lose pics all the time they're there, it's just a matter of searching through countless pictures to find the one you're looking for

Ha, ha.
#metadata
#tag_it!

-EDIT- Oh, and a good example of the necessity to establish an off-device back-up routine. Doesn't help now though. Sorry for your apparent loss. @POST
The Following User Says Thank You to GOOGLE_USER For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GOOGLE_USER Ad-Free

11th August 2019, 11:57 PM |#43802  
Forum Moderator
Flag diffusing a bomb of sorts somewhere on XDA with nothing but a paperclip and a wad of chewing gum.
Thanks Meter: 1,510

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunholyx

I don't have a problem like that with it. They are sorted by date, and you can use the search function. For instance, the pics I want to look at from when I'm in my hometown visiting, I enter the city's name and all my photos from there are available. You have to have location data turned on for that of course in the camera settings. Or you can enter "dogs" and find the photos of dogs you've taken as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOGLE_USER

Ha, ha.
#metadata
#tag_it!

-EDIT- Oh, and a good example of the necessity to establish an off-device back-up routine. Doesn't help now though. Sorry for your apparent loss. @POST

I'm up to about 60000 pictures from 2005 until now from 10 different pieces of tech. For some weird reason, it didn't transfer metadata from my early pictures from college, so the dates all are listed as July 2001, though they aren't from then. Any from 2009 on are all right because that was when I went with my first Android phone. Searching in photos is definitely getting better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattgyver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattgyver Ad-Free
12th August 2019, 01:30 AM |#43803  
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOGLE_USER

@pritish1998

MY POST - This was not any sort of a dig @ you. I appreciate your responding with attempts to assist.

The repeated posts thing seems to occur frequently and for my own peculiar reasons I find it to be humorous.

On the day of quoting and commenting on your post, I had exhausted my allotment of "Thanks."

So, that's now rectified, your input properly thanked.

The repeated posts occur when the device has poor/slow connection.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
12th August 2019, 02:24 AM |#43804  

More
Quote:

I'm up to about 60000 pictures from 2005 until now from 10 different pieces of tech..

Cripes! You win! 60,000? Qualifies you for prolific photographer status in my book.

Quote:

For some weird reason, it didn't transfer metadata from my early pictures from college, so the dates all are listed as July 2001, though they aren't from then. Any from 2009 on are all right because that was when I went with my first Android phone.

This is unfortunate and I have experienced similar in transitions.
However, the intent to BU was there and you do still have your photos.
LOTS of 'em and over a long time. You've kudos coming for maintaining that.

I cringe when I hear or read of people or members here losing photos (or any data) because it is so easily avoidable...
and yet, so easy to ignore mitigating procedures.
I try not to sound "preachy" regarding BUs, but it IS that important. One can either have or have not.
Besides, preachers remain sinners, though ideally much less frequent or egregious.
I'm not above this and can be proven to be a sinner with one ill-timed lack of foresight or an oversight.

Quote:

Searching in photos is definitely getting better.

Agreed.
Though I have concerns about at what cost comes this and many other conveniences.
My willful ignorance props up my flimsy bliss.
See? No preacher status here for me.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Well, that's not humorous. That's not funny at all.
WTH is wrong with me?

Thanks for the explanation.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Well, that's not humorous. That's not funny at all.
WTH is wrong with me?

Thanks for the explanation.
The Following User Says Thank You to GOOGLE_USER For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GOOGLE_USER Ad-Free
12th August 2019, 02:53 AM |#43805  
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

MTK devices are almost unbrickable, it´s just a thing of doing correctly, analyze the way that you are doing and refine and refine again the method applied.

Uninstall absolutely all the (phone) drivers from your pc and do a clean install of those that you´ll go to need.

There are many tutorials about the correct way to achieve it there are here some examples from several https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NCF1DVR7zZjwtw

https://rootmygalaxy.net/mediatek-mt...-vcom-drivers/

https://elandroidefeliz.com/drivers-...l-instalacion/

All the USB drivers versions https://androidmtk.com/download-mtk-usb-all-drivers

No results? two more actions before to hang out (or take it to a repair center):
- If you are sure that tried all the combination keys in all the possible ways you have a last chance through test point method: https://snehakudari.wordpress.com/20...-point-method/

- And send a request to the official partner claiming for the right firmware for your device that it could be most probably the main reason behind your issue: https://www.echomobiles.com/vitrine/horizon-lite-plus

Hey, thank you for your reply,

UPDATE : I found the exact firmware and I flashed it but I still get a black screen (I got the green thing "Download OK") but nevertheless, compared to before my phone vibrates, You have an idea ?
12th August 2019, 03:55 AM |#43806  
Thanks Meter: 642

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel97

Hey, thank you for your reply,

UPDATE : I found the exact firmware and I flashed it but I still get a black screen (I got the green thing "Download OK") but nevertheless, compared to before my phone vibrates, You have an idea ?

Flash as recommended just lk.bin, preloader and scatter in the same folder, only these files, disconnect device, exit the tool, now do a second flashing session with all the files including these.
12th August 2019, 12:16 PM |#43807  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi, I bought a new, realtively cheap android phone. It has more or less stock android 9 (with branding). I would like to root it. Does anyone have an idea how I could go about that? I can only find tutorials for UMIDIGI A3 Pro that apparently can not be applied on A3
12th August 2019, 01:08 PM |#43808  
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

Flash as recommended just lk.bin, preloader and scatter in the same folder, only these files, disconnect device, exit the tool, now do a second flashing session with all the files including these.

Same result, black screen and vibration when I hold the Power button

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

What can I do next ?
12th August 2019, 01:36 PM |#43809  

More
A3 PRO root
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakazukiAka

Hi, I bought a new, realtively cheap android phone. It has more or less stock android 9 (with branding). I would like to root it. Does anyone have an idea how I could go about that? I can only find tutorials for UMIDIGI A3 Pro that apparently can not be applied on A3

Try this: CLICK HERE.
Read the thread as you see fit.
I direct to this post specifically as a preemptive strike, targeting your anticipated follow-up statement of it being 8.1.0 which would be true. However, there is this glimmer.

KEYWORDS= UMIDIGI A3 Pro typed in search box. [FORUM, as opposed to THREAD]
Should you be inclined to enter this, additional pertinent information may be revealed.

--EDIT--
DISREGARD - A more careful reading on my part indicates you do NOT have PRO.
It would seem there is no applicable offering here on XDA
My apologies for wasting your time.
12th August 2019, 04:02 PM |#43810  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel97

Same result, black screen and vibration when I hold the Power button

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

What can I do next ?

Please upload some screenies from the original zip inside, and from the tool in the flash process. Also Try to enter to recovery (usually vol up+pwr) and factory reset it.... And... See if you can enter to fastboot (usually vol down+pwr). You have to be sure that the firmware is not lower than the previous running.
12th August 2019, 05:03 PM |#43811  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakazukiAka

Follow this tutorial first: https://unofficialtwrp.com/twrp-reco...ot-umidigi-a3/ I recommend that you replaced the root solution for Magisk so SuperSu is deprecated https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-magisk/ download some version/s of DM-Verity from here https://www.androidinfotech.com/no-verity-opt-encrypt take a copy of it to your sdcard, you could be need it in order to can boot up again to system after root it.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)