[CLOSED][APP][XPOSED][6.0+] Use Xposed without developing a module

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

iu1nguoi

Jan 24, 2009
Thanks.
Unfortunately, the logcats you sent are incomplete or partial, so I cannot help you.
I need the full logcat from before the app start until the crash. I understand this may contain sensitive information, which is why I suggested a PM.

Edit: it's probably Bromite that's causing issues since there are already special whitelist entries for WebView and Chrome running as System WebView. But I can't tell without a logcat.
Hi. I have an error with BlockguardOs due to Bromite webview. When I disable the BlockguardOs, the error disappears. Can you update the hook to whitelist Bromite webview? Thank you. I send you the crash log.

Fif_

Jun 5, 2013
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4
Hi. I have an error with BlockguardOs due to Bromite webview. When I disable the BlockguardOs, the error disappears. Can you update the hook to whitelist Bromite webview? Thank you. I send you the crash log.
Yes, there are special rules for WebView and Chrome as WebView, it would make sense that bromite WebView would require special rules as well.

I'll need the logcat though. Please send it by PM. Edit: I have the logcat, thanks.

Last edited:

dorkserv81

Jul 12, 2019
Hello,
Can someone help and explain me how can i replace an empty result with a fake value? for example in NetworkInfo.getExtraInfo hook how can i get a fake result instead of an empty value?

dorkserv81

Jul 12, 2019
You can check here how the built-in hook definitions handle this:

Thank you for answering. i did checked how it handles it, what i wanted to know if it's possible to change data instead of giving an [empty] response. I am referring on genericnull value. I dont know exactly what do i have to modify to give my value instead of empty one
Thank you so much for your help.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010

dorkserv81

Jul 12, 2019

Check for example here how a location is being returned:

I don't have lot of idea in coding this is why i was asking for help, also new with this app. Got the pro companion app and just trying to make an idea or find someone to help to tell me exactly what i would need to add/modify or give me some more clues of what i have to do. Thank you

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010

Check for example here how a location is being returned:

I don't have lot of idea in coding this is why i was asking for help, also new with this app. Got the pro companion app and just trying to make an idea or find someone to help to tell me exactly what i would need to add/modify or give me some more clues of what i have to do. Thank you
The given code example is pretty clear IMHO. If you don't have sufficient coding skills, this might not be for you.

dorkserv81

Jul 12, 2019

The given code example is pretty clear IMHO. If you don't have sufficient coding skills, this might not be for you.

i do understand sir, you might be right i dont have sufficient coding skills , all i am trying to do is to learn things, and asked maybe someone could give me an idea of what do i have to modify. I have started learning phone coding not too long i am a newbie . i have bought the pro app just to try to learn a bit more as the app is great, anyway if someone can help me out i am also wiling to pay some money for that.
Thank you

dorkserv81

Jul 12, 2019
Hello sir,
it's me again, in the end i have managed to sort out and learn how to sort most of the problems, a quick question if anyone can help me out. In settings of the phone with the build option in tracking i have managed to change my phone name and model etc. There is any hook outhere to change the default mac of the phone after and not restrict it or faking it with getwifimac ?. I dont know if i explain myself. for example on build model if i change the name of the phone model directly in pro app companion replacing unknown it gives that value to the phone directly. I would like to know if there is any build for the mac address same as for the model of the phone.
thank you all for your help.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hello sir,
it's me again, in the end i have managed to sort out and learn how to sort most of the problems, a quick question if anyone can help me out. In settings of the phone with the build option in tracking i have managed to change my phone name and model etc. There is any hook outhere to change the default mac of the phone after and not restrict it or faking it with getwifimac ?. I dont know if i explain myself. for example on build model if i change the name of the phone model directly in pro app companion replacing unknown it gives that value to the phone directly. I would like to know if there is any build for the mac address same as for the model of the phone.
thank you all for your help.
There is a hook definition in the repository to change the WiFi MAC address. The MAC address is not a build properties because there are several of them. For example the Bluetooth adapter has a MAC address too.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I am planning to close this thread because almost nobody except for @Fif_ contributed new hook definitions to the repository. Also, most people coming to ask here don't seem to succeed with what they wanted anyway.

Are there any objections to this?

mark_at

Feb 25, 2018
Innsbruck
I am planning to close this thread because almost nobody except for @Fif_ contributed new hook definitions to the repository. Also, most people coming to ask here don't seem to succeed with what they wanted anyway.

Are there any objections to this?

But it seems there are always new questions about hook definitions. There would be no place to ask then ...

Reactions: nussbaum

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Well. For me hooks were never a topic, I am too much amateur for it.

But it seems for some it is ... so I guess they need some place to ask. And also Fif can help or give information.

Maybe ask him ... he contributes a lot.
If you check here, you'll see that @Fif_ is about the only one who contributed custom hook definitions. I trust that @Fif_ doesn't need this thread because he knows what he is doing.

To be clear: I want to stop supporting custom hook definitions because in a most cases it has appeared to be a waste of time.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ic_launcher.png

XPrivacyLua custom hook definitions

By using XPrivacyLua you can define Xposed hooks and apply them to any app at run time (so, rebooting your device is not necessary). You can write hook code on your device in Lua, which is quite easy to learn.

See the documentation about how to define hooks.

Although XPrivacyLua has 'privacy' in its name, new hooks don't need to be privacy related at all. Disabling the built in privacy related hooks is a matter of selecting another collection of hooks.

This XDA thread is meant to discuss defining hooks, with the restriction that hook definitions must serve a legally allowed purpose. This XDA thread is not meant to make you a developer, so at least some development experience is expected, which means that you'll need to be able to figure out where to hook yourself and that you'll need to be able to write Lua scripts yourself.

XDA:DevDB Information
    XPrivacyLua hook definitions, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    M66B
    Xposed Package Name:

Version Information

Created 2018-01-28
    Last Updated 2018-04-01
    The latest version of the companion app supports uploading to and downloading from a hook definitions repository, so if you created a hook definition which might be useful to others, consider to upload it.
    @jawz101 because of this shocking article I looked into the Mixpanel API. Since apps using Mixpanel can send data without using a library, it is better to block Mixpanel using a firewall app. The default block list of NetGuard contains the Mixpanel domain name.
    It is really simple to define new hooks. As another example I have added hooks to prevent tracking by the Mixpanel library:
    https://github.com/M66B/XPrivacyLua/commit/3aadf9a3521f44dd84e43c45711fba5c368960de

This will be in the next release of XPrivacyLua, but you can import the definitions right now if you want, see attachment.

View attachment Mixpanel.json.txt
    Version 1.13 of XPrivacyLua and version 0.29 of the companion app support defining hooks for constructors and dynamic hooking in Lua scripts.

See here for an example of dynamic hooking:
    https://github.com/M66B/XPrivacyLua/blob/master/app/src/main/assets/webview_constructor.lua